Driver installation problem

I have written function driver using KMDF for USB mass storage device.When i
tried to install the driver it gives an error:
"This operation requires an interactive window station."

On Mar 13, 7:44=A0am, PRANAV KANT GAUR
<PRANAVKANTG...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have written function driver using KMDF for USB mass storage device.Whe=
n i
> tried to install the driver it gives an error:
> "This operation requires an interactive window station."

Why are you writing your own mass storage driver?
0
Chris
3/13/2010 5:39:02 PM
> "This operation requires an interactive window station."

Are you starting the install from within the service?

--=20
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
maxim@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Maxim
3/13/2010 9:05:30 PM
What stage are you getting that error at?  You've looked at the
%windir%\inf\setupapi.dev.log file I assume?

-Mike

"Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote in message
>> "This operation requires an interactive window station."
>
> Are you starting the install from within the service?
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> maxim@storagecraft.com
> http://www.storagecraft.com

0
Mike
3/19/2010 7:57:12 PM

"PRANAV KANT GAUR" wrote:

>I started installing through 'driver update wizard in Device manager'.
>
> "Mike [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > What stage are you getting that error at?  You've looked at the
> > %windir%\inf\setupapi.dev.log file I assume?
> > I got this error when I tried to replace the vendor supplied driver for my Flash drive with my own driver using "Device manager" console window.
> > -Mike
> >
> > "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com.no.spam> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Are you starting the install from within the service?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Maxim S. Shatskih
> > > Windows DDK MVP
> > > maxim@storagecraft.com
> > > http://www.storagecraft.com

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Office installation and Windows 7

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

connection problems
a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a connection problem -- eummer2010 how does your problem/question pertain to windows update? terri wrote: > a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a > connection problem Hello Terry, Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what OS you're using, Service Pack, what other security software are you running, if any? etc. IE6 ? IE7 ? IE8 ? Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/...

There is a problem with your printer settings.
There is a problem with your printer settings. Your printer has given Publisher an invalid value, and the printer could not be correctly initialized. Check your printer settings in the Windows control panel." 1. I only have one network printer 2. The network printer is not the default printer 3. I have deleted the printer, rebooted and reinstalled the latest printer drivers. 4. The printer name is less than 8 characters long. ... any idea what the problem is??? -- kirks What version Publisher? Do you have the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylan...