Can't verify publisher for mf.sys

I've got a multiportSerial inf that uses mf.inf/mf.sys to enumerate x number
of serial ports.  When I use this inf for my device, Server 2008 complains
that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software".  If I say
to install the driver software anyway then it will enumerate all my serial
ports correctly and it's happy to install the serial driver I have written
for the child devices.

What do I need to do in order to get the mf.inf/mf.sys portion of my install
to work without user interaction?

You need to sign your mf.sys file (and mf.cat) with an Authenticode Code
Signing Certificate issued to your company.

"skiloup" wrote:

> I've got a multiportSerial inf that uses mf.inf/mf.sys to enumerate x number
> of serial ports.  When I use this inf for my device, Server 2008 complains
> that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software".  If I say
> to install the driver software anyway then it will enumerate all my serial
> ports correctly and it's happy to install the serial driver I have written
> for the child devices.
>
> What do I need to do in order to get the mf.inf/mf.sys portion of my install
> to work without user interaction?
It uses the mf.sys that is distributed with the OS.  Are you suggesting that
I sign mf.sys as my own and install it that way?

"Bo Skjoett" wrote:

> You need to sign your mf.sys file (and mf.cat) with an Authenticode Code
> Signing Certificate issued to your company.
>

> "skiloup" wrote:
>
> > I've got a multiportSerial inf that uses mf.inf/mf.sys to enumerate x number
> > of serial ports.  When I use this inf for my device, Server 2008 complains
> > that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software".  If I say
> > to install the driver software anyway then it will enumerate all my serial
> > ports correctly and it's happy to install the serial driver I have written
> > for the child devices.
> >
> > What do I need to do in order to get the mf.inf/mf.sys portion of my install
> > to work without user interaction?
If anybody else encounters this problem the solution is as simple as creating
a cat file from the .inf even though it doesn't directly include any driver
files.  That then gives you something that can be signed and everything plays
nice.  I thought I had tried this previously, but evidently I didn't.

Thanks Bo for your comments.  They definitely pointed me in the right
direction.

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Photoshop & Publisher
I'm doing a basic double sided postcard for a client. I'm going to be using photoshop to create the look I want. The client wants something they can edit later and only has Publisher at their disposal. I don't know Publisher and I don't know a file format that I convert my .psds into that would be editable in Publisher...any suggestions? I'm afraid you're caught between a rock & a hard place. The work you do in PS needs to be saved as an image file format of some type (JPEG, TIFF, etc.) which can then be placed in a Pub file... but Pub is a desktop publishing/...

Publisher does not suppress blank fields with Catalog Merge...please help
As I originally posted, I need help finding out why Publisher is not suppressing blank lines when I merge to a new (or existing) document. [I tried to reply to the existing post, but google just gave me an error.] The person who replied just referred me to the help file (F1). Well, actually, I have tried the Help file, Microsoft's knowledge base, and newsgroups. That's why I posted here. I cannot find any information as to why it is not suppressing blank fields, and inserting extra lines. Some real constructive help would really be appreciated. I am posting here as a last resort...

why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher
I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B70BF36-747C-45C7-B89F-15F58B338E06@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further >use > but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- ...

How to open a *.pub without Publisher?
I received a document created by Microsoft Publisher, but I do not have that software. I wouldn't want to purchase this expensive software for the sake of this one document. Can I open the document in another application (say Word) to at least view and print it? Thanks for your help in advance, Gabor No. But if you'd like, you can send it to me and I'll convert it to a .pdf file for you. If you'd like, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gabor" <grevesz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3af001c4ac19...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

view php files with publisher 2003
I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to find that I can't open the files with the new software (old files are .php extensions) Anybody? I think you are going need Home Publishing to open Home Publishing files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "nicklissa" <nicklissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191E4341-8C37-4E54-9601-E674CA33457A@microsoft.com... > I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I > have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to...

Publisher 2003 always creates PNG graphics
Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher always uses it. How do I stop it? Please post only in the correct group, and then only once. Refer to your post in webdesign. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008E0558-CF3A-4961-AAD7-28A3DB7629CC@microsoft.com... > Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher > always uses it. How do I stop it? ...

Helping High Schoolers to Do a Yearbook in Publisher 2K
I work in a printshop with both Macs and PC's we try to be make sure we can take in any customer work including Publisher. I actually encourage smaller companies to use Publisher because of Pack and Go. To point of all this is that I am trying to help a small private school here in Lancaster do a yearbook. I have a few questions that were sent to me that I do not have the answers to and am hoping some more knoweldgable people can help me out. When putting pictures into shapes is there an easier way? This is how we did it last year. Choose shape I want. Go to format Auto shape Fill effects...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Publisher 2000 Disaster
Publisher 2000 suddenly refuses to recognize my Publisher files. This happened just after installing seven (7) updates from Office Update, a slew of Windows updates, and installing IE7). Out of dozens of files, it will open exactly one; the rest pop up a little box that says it cannot open the file because it is not a Publisher file. All end in ".pub", so I have not done something dumb like inadvertently going to the html files (these Publisher files are the source files for a large commercial website). We happened to have an old laptop around here still running IE6 and which has...

What is the maximum paper size for publisher 2003
I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13"X19" paper but I first would like to know if Publisher 2003 will support that size without making it into panes. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Lynn Publisher 2000 has a maximum document size of 20 ft by 20 ft. Publisher will print to the size you set in the printer. So select the plotter of your choice. -- Don Vancouver USA "Lynn35" <Lynn35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81CD73-6101-4891-A2B2-FD79F159B7E3@microsoft.com... > I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13&quo...

trying to save a publisher doc to cd,message no disc in drive
I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving other things, in other programs without a problem. MsJLee <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I > get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each > time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving > other things, in other programs with...

Publisher 2007 will not open my old files
What to do? All of a sudden, my Publisher 2007 will not open any of my publisher files, even others done in publisher 2007. It crashes EVERY TIME. I have run Office Diagnostics twice, with no result. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 TWICE, still no change. Do I just abandon it and go back to Publisher 2003? I've run virus scans, defragged, tried other versions of these files, tried files done by others - NOTHING works. it will start a new project, but will not open an old project without crashing. Can I install Publisher 2003 and use it even though I have Office ...

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

Verify Input
I am using a textboxes in a userform for ordering supplies. I want to check to see if the quantity entered exceeds the max stock level. The userform is executed while from Worksheet("Order"). The value for the max stock level (for this particular medication, is on Worksheet("List") in cell Z3. I had a macro that I thought would execute AFTERUPDATE. Apparently I am not doing something right. Not sure if this matters, but the computers that will be using this have touchscreens and the computer I am writing it on does not. The user will first enter the amb...

Autocad DWG files to MS Publisher?
How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? What happens when you try? Can you paste if you select "paste special" and use the .wmf option? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Dave Stankus" <Dave Stankus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDCC3AA5-E0AF-43A8-B613-8C2E2DE55806@microsoft.com... > How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? Export the AutoCAD file into a different format and insert...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

FONTS in Microsoft Publisher 2003
I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I want to show my customer, how do I do it? Rossy wrote: > I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I > want to show my customer, how do I do it? The fonts available in Publisher should be the same as the fonts available to the rest of the system. This article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209205 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Thanks for the answer, however, I do not know how to print the fonts available, can you tell me how? Someone did it for ...

publisher 2003 graphics problem #2
I have a problem with publisher and after spending frustrating hours trying to resolve it, I am screaming for help. The problem is this: When I use publisher 2003 to make a document, flyer, post card etc. none of the photos or clipart show up on the screen. No format works, jpg, wmv, bitmap, tif etc, nothing shows up on the screen, however, when you print the publication, viola, it’s there! After I save the file as a publisher publication, and go back into it, the text shows, but any graphic is a blank space. If I print it, the graphic is produced . Can you give me some advice? Tha...

Emailing as message in Publisher
I created a message last week to email out. Worked great! This week I used the same one, extended the page and changed some text boxes, added some text boxes and pictures. Everything is great except that in one area mid way down the information will not show in Outlook if the text box goes beyond the picture. It shows up everywhere else and in the email preview. If I put anything on this area of the page it does this. What is going on? I am using Publisher 2007. Tonya, I believe that the picture is probably linked to your computer. It is far better to create a PDF of your publication ...

Logo's in Publisher
I have Windows ME and Publisher 2002 Hi. when I download a logo that is sent to me or boarder art I download, I insert it in my publisher doc and it always has a white box backroud. As if I put a fill color in it. I can't seem to just get the words to show up w/out this white backround. I am trying to make a drink menu for a restaurant and every time someone sends me a logo it has that white backround. I've tried jpg, bit and gif and it still does it. Any ideas????? "ChristyLiv" <ChristyLiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:727C0592-E139-...

How do you find and edit the dictionary in Publisher?
I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary. Can't find it! Can edit dictionary in Word. Isn't the Word dictionary the one used in Publisher? -- Don Vancouver, USA "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D363986-DEE1-46B2-8443-12CD6F7EE672@microsoft.com... > I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary. Can't find it! Can edit > dictionary in Word. You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools, options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP h...