Which version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE

I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit).  I am trying
to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit).  Which version of the
ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from?  I
keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit
version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box,
but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a
consistency check imediately fails.

HELP!

You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the
DPM server.

The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent
edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on
the DPM server. For example, if you are protecting Exchange Server 2003 SP2,
Exchange Server 2007, and Exchange Server 2007 SP1, you must copy
eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the server running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 to
the DPM server.

The following scenarios show the versions of eseutil.exe and ese.dll that
you must install on the DPM server:
32-bit operating system
If DPM is protecting only computers running Exchange Server 2003 on a 32-bit
operating system, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the computer running
Exchange Server 2003.
If DPM is protecting computers running Exchange Server 2007, the 32-bit
versions of eseutil.exe and ese.dll are required from Exchange Server 2007.
You can obtain these versions from the Exchange Server 2007 Setup DVD.

64-bit operating system
If DPM is protecting only computers running Exchange Server 2003 on a 32-bit
operating system, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the computer running
Exchange Server 2003.
If DPM is protecting Exchange Server 2007, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from
the computer running Exchange Server 2007.

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA,
Network+

"TheFair" <TheFair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit).  I am
> trying
> to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit).  Which version of the
> ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from?  I
> keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit
> version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box,
> but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a
> consistency check imediately fails.
>
> HELP!

0
Santhosh
3/30/2010 8:30:42 PM
Hi Santosh,

I thought that as the DPM server was running Windows Server 2008 64-bit, the
version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE needed to be the 64-bit versions from
Exchange 2007?  I obviously can't install any 32-bit Exchange 2007 management
tools on the DPM Server, as it wont let me.  I've read in numerous places
that even if you are only protecting exchange 2003, if the DPM server is on
Windows 2008, then you need to use Exchange 2007 versions of the files.

Can you verify this please?

"Santhosh Sivarajan" wrote:

> You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the
> DPM server.
>
> The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent
> edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on
> the DPM server. For example, if you are protecting Exchange Server 2003 SP2,
> Exchange Server 2007, and Exchange Server 2007 SP1, you must copy
> eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the server running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 to
> the DPM server.
>
> The following scenarios show the versions of eseutil.exe and ese.dll that
> you must install on the DPM server:
> 32-bit operating system
> If DPM is protecting only computers running Exchange Server 2003 on a 32-bit
> operating system, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the computer running
> Exchange Server 2003.
> If DPM is protecting computers running Exchange Server 2007, the 32-bit
> versions of eseutil.exe and ese.dll are required from Exchange Server 2007.
> You can obtain these versions from the Exchange Server 2007 Setup DVD.
>
> 64-bit operating system
> If DPM is protecting only computers running Exchange Server 2003 on a 32-bit
> operating system, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from the computer running
> Exchange Server 2003.
> If DPM is protecting Exchange Server 2007, copy eseutil.exe and ese.dll from
> the computer running Exchange Server 2007.
>

> --
> Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA,
> Network+
> Houston, TX
> http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
> http://publications.sivarajan.com/

> "TheFair" <TheFair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit).  I am
> > trying
> > to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit).  Which version of the
> > ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from?  I
> > keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit
> > version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box,
> > but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a
> > consistency check imediately fails.
> >
> > HELP!

New Macbook
I bought a new macbook, well, new to me. Anyhow, it had office installed on it & I have the registration key. I reinstalled the laptop, so I could start fresh without all the previous owners stuff on it. So now I have a trial version of Office 2004. How do I enter in my license key so that I have the full version? I cant find anything anywhere! I see how to BUY IT, but I dont think I should have to do that. Any ideas? Thank you - from a long time PC user, trying to make the switch :) Hi, it's not possible to convert the Test Drive into a full install, even if you own a registrati...

Turning a EXE into a DLL
I am new to VC ++ so I am in need of some help. I have an application written in vb.net and VB. The VB.NET application is using a control that leaks memory and I am trying to eliminate or greatly reduce this leak. So I am transfering it to C++. I have gotten it working as a MFC application using the VS 2003. Now I need to convert it to a DLL that I can call from a VB6 application. I have reviewed all sorts of information about how this is suppose to work. The main object from this is that the EXE has a dialog screen open with a bunch of buttons attached to it. I need to pass some param...

64-bit MSVFW32.DLL problems
Hello, I am developing an VC++/MFC application - MP3 player. The 32-bit version, of the application, plays the MP3 files OK. But, with the 64-bit version, there is no sound. I downloaded uAMP (native 64-bit) MP3 player, and that programs plays the MP3 files OK. I am building the application using the MSVFW32.lib. Do I need to link with a different library, to hear the 64-bit MP3s? Environment: VC2008/MFC, Windows SDK, WinXP Pro (x64) TIA, -jc ...

EXCEL executed an invalid instruction in module VBE6.DLL
I've been using Windows 98SE with Office 2000 for two years without a problem. Now, suddenly, when I try to open Excel, I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." Message details explain "EXCEL executed an invalid instruction in module VBE6.DLL." While searching the newsgroups, I discovered quite a number of messages containing "VBE6.dll," but none that seemed to address my problem. The only recent change to my computer was to upgrade to Acrobat Reader 5.1 from an earlier 4.x version. I've uninstalled and ...

app can't find needed dll
I have a C# app I'm working on that can't find a companion dll. The dll is written in .Net managed c++ but part of an unmanaged c++ project by another in-house developer. The dll isn't registered and it won't be. I can compile my C# app OK with a reference to the dll's deployed location, however my app will not run unless a copy of the dll is in my exe location. I have even added the dll's deployed location to my path environment variable but still no luck. There is other odd behavior with this dll. If I set a reference to it the VS2008 properties repor...

show dialog defined inside a DLL
hi i do have a DLL. in that i do have a dialogbox. in that dialog i have to use 3rd party control (OCX control). externally i should call a function like Show() i wrote code like this inside DLL AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CMyDialog dlg. dlg.DoModal(); now problem is that without that OCX control dialog is showing. if i place that OCX control, dialog is not comming up. it is a regular DLL. i am calling AfxOleInit(); it is returning BOOL TRUE.the behaviour seems to be like Rich Edit box. if we didn't give the AfxInitRichEdit() the dialog don't shows up. i read that ...

Combine EXE and DLL
Hi All, I finished my RemoteApp kiosk-type app. When it builds it makes the exe and a couple DLLs for the Remote Desktop ActiveX. I have tried placing the Dlls and the exes on the desktop of another computer (but the app crashes). When I go to publish, it makes a Clickonce installer which would mean I have to publish it to the server and stuff (it is possible, if its the easiest way). How can I just combine everything in a runnable (no install) exe (using VS2010 RTM and C#)? Matt On 21-05-2010 15:27, Matthew Arkin wrote: > I finished my RemoteApp kiosk-type app. When it b...

Multiple mailstores and ESEUTIL\ISINTEG
Quick question: If I have several mailstores on my server, can I run concurrent ISINTEGs or ESEUTILs on more than one of these mail stores concurrently? I'm hoping that this is true, as it would cut down my maintenance window signigicantly. Thanks in advance for your input. MikeG Are you using ESEUTIL/ISINTEG on a regular basis? If so, why? The only time that you should need to use ESEUTIL is if you have a LOT of space to regain (per event 1221 in the event logs), or if your database is damaged and you cannot restore from tape. This doesn't answer your question, but if you a...

Money 2003
Trying to open money 2003 (Windows XP) and when I try to type the password w/ the first key stroke it says error occurred loading the component report.dll. Need to re-install money. I have tried to reinstall w/ the system disks that came w/ my computer and it seems to only let me do a full system restore. I can not find the option to just install one program. Is there any place I can download that file or reinstall from online? Thank you in advance. Do a search on Google. You can find several DLL libraries out there. I just did one and found the "report.dll" file here: ...

Browserchoice.exe -> malware?
After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon "Browser Choice" has been added on Desktop, with target path C:\WINDOWS\system32\browserchoice.exe /launch Is the malware or some "legit" application and how to remove it? From: "Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> | After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The | windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon | "Browser Choice" ...

onenote 2007 problem
hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started. i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and install again... the problem remains. besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager ( but it once i use onenote and close, it comes b...

Version, language and SP info
I'm developping an ActiveX-component for Outlook 9, 10 and 11. However, due to a bug in Outlook 10, Dutch, Pre-SP1 it won't work in this environment (KB: #310571). I would like to show the user a message urging him to upgrade to SP1+ I'f found the Application.Version field, this only shows the version. The LanguageSettings-object is unfortunately not documented on MSDN, but may provide the language. Is there a property to show the installed Servicepack? You have to use the minor parts of the version string to see what build is running and use that to decide on the SP level. Sea...

passing char * to dll
Hi all, I call an exported function from the main program as follows print_in_LogFile("Specific_Message_Circular_Buffer_Index", 0); The exported function inside the dll follows //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// _declspec(dllexport)print_in_LogFile(char * text,int g_nconnection ) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); if (text == "Specific_Message_Circular_Buffer_Index") { // Do something ..... } problem is that the comparison with the "if" gets a FALSE value though with a debu...

How to use MFC4.2 dll's with VC++ .NET 2003
Hi all, I have two simple question. 1) When i build a simple mfc app using VC 7.1 it uses mfc 7.1 dll's. Is there a way i can force it to build the app with mfc42 ? bcoz i cannot use this app with out supporting dll's. If i can do it, i can just give my app and not bother about distributing mfc dll's. I dont want to do a static linking bloating my application. 1a) Does MS ships MFC 7 and MFC7.1 dll's with latest OS ? how about in longhorn atleast ? 2) What is the best way to distribute mfc 7.1 dll's ? I have a really small GUI application. Will Install Shield be of any...

Which version necessary to open .xls file?
I have Microsoft Excel 4, and use Windows 2000. I was just sent an .xls file that requires a newer version of Excel. How can I tell which version is necessary...I don't want the latest, largest, glitsiest, buggiest version. I just want to use the minimum version required. The Excel 4 I have does work with .xls files, at least it shows that capabilities, so there must be more than one kind. It tries to open this .xls file but gives me the error message that a newer version is required. Can someone point me in the right direction. I can open this .xls file as text but there is a lot o...

Dynamics.exe Event Viewer Error
One of my clients has seeing this error message pop up in their event viewer repeatedly for quite a while. Just curious to see if anyone else has come across this message in the past, or maybe know how to stop it from occurring: Faulting application Dynamics.exe, version 8.0.0.86, faulting module ZSDDMUI.DLL, version 6.2.411.0, fault address 0x00006b4f. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Hi Nevma This looks like a print driver issue: zsddmui.dll is a process belonging to the SuperPrint program . "zsddmui.dll is a ZSDDMUI" "belonging to SuperPrint" "from Z...

Export messages to previos version of Outlook
I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to save these as a group so the older version will import them. Thanks, Ken I Ken Ivins wrote: > I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I > tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an > error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to > save these as a group so the older version will import them. > > Thank...

Version Compatibility
I am using Excel 2007 on on e pc and 2003 on another. When I email a file the multiple tabs are not visible. What am I doing wrong? Jerry ...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

CreateControl in DLL Access Violation 0xc0000005 on thread exit
I have a Visual C++ MFC Extension DLL that is using a third party OCX control for converting an HTML document to PDF. In that DLL, I have the code: CgtMany2PDFX oPdf; oPdf.CreateControl(oPdf.GetClsid(), "Report Writer", WS_MINIMIZE, rect, AfxGetMainWnd(), IDC_GTMANY2PDFX1); oPdf.SetInputFile(sInput); oPdf.SetOutputPDFFileName(sOutput); oPdf.SetPrefShowSetupDialog(false); oPdf.SetPrefOpenAfterCreate(false); oPdf.RenderDocument(); Other code in the DLL are the automatically created helper classes when the activeX control was added to the project. The above code works, as i...

Trial Version??
I paid for 2005 Deluxe with my credit card, downloaded and installed. However, after installation when I start Money, it says I have the trial version. My MSN billing statement shows that it was paid for and I have a confirmation email. I can't figure out why I don't have the "full" version and have read nothing about "regeistering" the newer version. I previously used Money 2000 and had to upgrade due to my financial instituion. I have tried re-installation from the downloaded file but I get a message saying the version I am trying to install is older th...

Dll Icon Animation Problem
Hello I have two dlls one in mfc based and one is non mfc. Mfc based dll is statically linked with non mfc dll. In initinstance of the mfc based dll i add a notification icon to the taskbar and start its animation and at exit instance i remove it. The problem is that whenever any application loads non mfc based dll mfc based dll is also loaded and tries to start animation. but the dll animates until the control is with mfc based dll (ie initinstanec is executing) and after that when non mfc based dll code executes the animation stops although the mfc based dll is still loaded. why is it not ...

I downloaded trial version of 2007. will not print
Anyone else have this problem I downloaded trial version of office 2007. Completed resume attached and sent out won't print for me or print for receiver has anyone else had this problem ...

1.2 Proxy Dll and the .NET Framework 1.0
Is the version 1.0 Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll compatible with MS CRM 1.2 ? I've got an application using the CRM proxy running on the .NET Framework 1.0. I want to know what steps I need to take to upgrade the application to CRM 1.2. If the 1.2 proxy is required (which I assume it is) then I'll need to recompile the application - however from what I understand the proxy is only built for the 1.1 Framework. Can anybody confirm this? (I don't see any reason why Microsoft doesn't suppy a 1.2 proxy for the 1.0 Framework?!). Thanks a million, Anil Anil, I believe you should be ab...

Publisher 2000 versus the newest version?
I've been using Publisher 2000 and am thinking of buying the newest version if it's any better. So I would like to know:...... What is the most up to date version? What are the main differences? Can I install it over the top of Publisher 2000 as an update? Or do I have to buy the new full programme? What does it cost? My main problem is that Publisher 2000 saves my files as HUGE files if I have a few photos included. Has this design flaw been solved? Many thanks Chris After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from chris <cris.ebbs@nospambtopenworld.co...