Upgrade Path from DPM 2007 to DPM 2010

Is there going to be an upgrade path from DPM 2007 to 2010?

Yes.  Look at the following DPM 2010 documentation:
https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&DownloadID=22070

"DPM supports upgrading from DPM 2007 SP1 on a Windows Server 2008 x64-bit
operating system to DPM 2010. If DPM 2007 SP1 is installed on a Windows
Server 2003 x64-bit operating system, you must upgrade to Windows Server
2008 before upgrading to DPM 2010".

Also, here are my notes on DPM 2007 to DPM 2010 upgrade:
http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/09/dpm-2007-to-dpm-2010-upgrade.html

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there going to be an upgrade path from DPM 2007 to 2010?

0
Santhosh
1/19/2010 9:27:48 PM
I have a DPM 2007 server running on Windows 2003 R2 x64

Can I simply install a new 2010 server and move the 2007 agents over to the
new 2010 server by upgrading the agent and pointing them to the new server?

"Jeremy" wrote:

> Is there going to be an upgrade path from DPM 2007 to 2010?

One BIG thing to keep in mind is the OS, 2010 wants to run on 2008 64-bit.
We just went through the process of installing this on a server which had a
32 bit OS, I say installing because you can't upgrade a 32-bit OS to 64-bit
OS it needs to be a fresh install.
Along with this make sure your external devices have 64 bit drivers such as
SCSI cards.

Word 2007 converter error message
Hi, I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3. I have Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2. I get an error message for Word 2007 that says: "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632" when trying to open Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 document on a flash drive each time. How do I fix this error? Please reply back soon. Much help is appreciated. Thanks. Sincerely, Egan Try uninstalling the MS09-073 security update (kb973904) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my s...

Excel 2007

User unable to retrieve mail after a certain date in Outlook 2007
I have a user using Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager over a VPN in cached mode. He is connected to Exchange 2000. He has been unable to retrieve emails since a cut off date 3 days ago. On Outlook Web access he can see the new emails but cannot see them on his Outlook. He has deleted his cached file, recreated it, and done the same for his Mail profile without success. He has not installed any new software. He is able to send emails without problems. There are no error messages. Other users connected to Exchange are unaffected. Suggestions? "AndrewB" <AndrewB@di...

CANADIAN UPGRADE?
I have Money 2004. It came with my new Dell machine. Is there anyway I can upgrade or download Candian financial institutions for this product? Thanks Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: >I have Money 2004. >It came with my new Dell machine. > >Is there anyway I can upgrade or download Candian >financial institutions for this product? Are your regional settings set up for Canada? If you start a new file, see if these banks available to you for a new account. banquenationale canadatrust cibc mbanx nationalbank stwillibrord torontodominion presidents tdcanadatrust...

Disable Stationary Themes in Outlook 2007
Is there a way through Group Policy to disable stationary / themes in Outlook 2007? Thanks, Glenn W. Johnson System Support Manager Miami Dade County, DERM ...

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Where are the stencils on Visio 2007?
Hi, I Need a help! I used the Visio 2002 and in this program was easy to found the shapes, engeneering diagrams and etc... Now I installed the Visio 2007 and I don't found this anymore. For example, I need to use the Process Engeneering Diagram, where is the stencil? Thanks! On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:01:01 -0700, Cristina Corsino <Cristina Corsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I Need a help! > >I used the Visio 2002 and in this program was easy to found the shapes, >engeneering diagrams and etc... Now I installed the Visio 2007 and I don't &...

Dynamics 10 Upgrade fails "product 949 does not support upgrading
I have installed new instance of Dynamics 10 with latest service pack (new folder). I ran utilities and before I even get a chance to upgrade the data, I receive and errors "Product 949 does not support upgrading from version 9.0.268." We have version 9.0 running fine with Field Service in the set file so why won't it upgrade?? We only use a small part of field service (historical lookups in SOP) so I can't just drop it. Since it's a self-installed module by default, how can it not upgrade??? I believe you have to be at least on 9.0.281 version of GP. I am no...

Outlook 2007 for Microsoft Vista
I am getting an error message, when trying to open my Microsoft Outlook 2007, which reads, " Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window.". I am using a Microsoft Vista operating system. The computer is not connected to the internet, and I opened the Outlook application, without a problem, 1 month ago. Help, I have all of my contacts in the program. "Neilg" <Neilg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD773DE6-A827-4815-A83B-E48EE55F143A@microsoft.com... > I am getting an error message, when trying to open my Micr...

Money Plus Deluxe 2007 and MSN Explorer
When I start Money the MSN sign on screen opens,I close the sign on screen but it just keeps showing up again.I minimize it but it just keeps popping up.I don't use online Banking or any online accounts.My browser is set to 'never dial a connection'.If I go online first and then open Money this does not Happen.I use a Dial up connection. In microsoft.public.money, Oldtech wrote: >When I start Money the MSN sign on screen opens,I close the sign on screen >but it just keeps showing up again.I minimize it but it just keeps popping >up.I don't use online Banking or...

How many DPM servers in a domain?
Hi there, we are currently running a DPM server to backup an Exchange 2007, the exchange system is split into three mailbox servers. The DPM system is under load due to the size of the system, the exchange admin has asked whether it is possible to run three dpm servers backing up each mailbox server to ease the load? Take a look at this article. It will help you come up with a proper solution: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808681.aspx Also, you can use more than one DPM server to backup different servers. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K...

Upgrade to Win 2000
Currently I'm using the old system I bought in 1998. It is Dell Dimension XPS 266MHz Pentium II, RAM 128Mb. Can I upgrade this system from Windows 95 to Windows 2000? If yes, what should I do to get it done right? Thanks All. Given that this newsgroup is for Macintosh and Office, I'd suggest asking elsewhere, perhaps microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade In article <Er9Zc.538894$Gx4.479811@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Peter Chernyak" <kremenets@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > Currently I'm using the old system I bought in 1998. It is D...

2007
Trying to accept a new subscription to a calendar. I have no accept button and the directions to Add Net Folder feature dont work. Cant locate that feature as it instructs. I'm unclear about what you're trying to do or what instructions you're = viewing. Outlook 2000 was the last version to have Net Folders.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/ju...

Feb 15 live chat -- now! -- upgrading/migrating to 8.0
Hi all, I wanted to let you know that the MBS Community site is hosting a live chat on upgrading and migrating to Great Plains 8.0 on Tuesday, Feb. 15, from 12:00 to 1:00 P.M. Pacific time. (NOW!) The chat room is here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx And here's a description of the chat: ***Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 Updates and Migration*** Submit your questions and concerns about upgrading and migrating to Microsoft Business Solutions—Great Plains 8.0. In this live chat, Microsoft Great Plains technical support engineers Kelly Youells and Loralie Frite...

How do I set up Outlook 2007 to work with AOL (my email provider)
AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail (except deleted items) is available on both programs? chorn <chorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address > @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail > (except deleted items) is available on both programs? http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/ -- Adam Bailey | Chic...

Exchange 2010: Are the Shared Calendar Issues Resolved?
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calendar items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

Meetingplace in Office 2007
Meetingplace does not work together with my newly installed Office 2007 (XP). Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Meetingplace does not work together with my newly installed Office > 2007 (XP). I read the system requirements for the most recent version of MeetingPlace for Outlook that I could find (v6.0 at http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/6x/requirements/60mpsysreqs.html#wp39723) and that document explicitly says "compatible with Outlook 2000, 2002, and 2003". No mention at all of Outlook 2007. Shouldn't you check this type...

Office 2004, 2007, 2003 Powerpoint Chart Hell
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285319213_730802 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I�m hoping someone has a bright idea for us. We do marketing research and usually generate reports in PowerPoint. I usually do my work in 2004 and everyone else works in 2003/PC. There usually are no serious problems, but sometimes there are differences in chart alignment. I am usually blamed for anything that goes wrong. Often I go so far as...

Upgrading from Money 2004
Is there an upgrade version if you already have the Full 2004 Version? ... or do you need to buy a Full Version of 2005? Full version only. This has always been the case for Money. "Daniel Strack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a4401c49fe0$c02a60f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an upgrade version if you already have the Full > 2004 Version? ... or do you need to buy a Full Version > of 2005? DONT DO IT!!!! TOO MANY BUGS!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Is there an upgrade version if you already have the Full >2004 Versi...

How do I disable Outlook in Vista Office 2007?
Using CraigsList when I want to send email Outlook opens. I want to use my default @sbcglobal yahoo mail. "rljt60" <rljt60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40CB72E8-E36C-40EB-B0C8-658BEC164CE8@microsoft.com... > Using CraigsList when I want to send email Outlook opens. I want to use > my > default @sbcglobal yahoo mail. Do you use Outlook at all? If not then uninstall it. (You can't "disable" it) Control Panel-Programs and Features, click on Office, click on Change then select Add or Remove Features and make Outlook u...

2010 Beta envelope issue
The delivery address prints at the top of the envelope instead of the delivery address area. How do I resolve? -- Patty Patty wrote: > The delivery address prints at the top of the envelope instead of the > delivery address area. How do I resolve? First use the Add to Document button in the address dialog. Click in the address and look at the style applied to it. The style should be Envelope Address -- if it's some other style, select all the lines of the address and apply Envelope Address style to it. If the style is already Envelope Address, then it sounds li...

Sharing Publisher 2007 files between computers with XP and Vista
I was emailed a Publisher 2007 document created on a system using Vista. I was able to open and edit the document using my XP version of Publisher 2007. I sent it back to the originator for review, and was told that she was unable to open the file. I asked a tech support worker I know (not Microsoft, just a techie) about the issue, and he just said, "It's a known issue." Does this mean that Microsoft has done something so that collaboration is not allowed between two people using the same program on two different operating systems? Why would I be able to open her do...

reinstall XP from upgrade XP SP3 disk
I have been helping a friend via phone and email to get her old computer working again. She replaced it with a new Win 7 machine. She wanted to clean off all of her old files on the old one and reinstall XP. She had a XP SP3 CD (authentic). She cleaned the hard drive by wiping with Part Wizard. Then inserted the XP CD and restarted. Nothing. I then learned that it was an Upgrade, and apparently is not bootable. Checked the bios and CD drive is listed first. What can/should I do to get the Upgrade installed? She wants to give the old one to a kid and it needs to be worki...

Paid for upgrade to Deluxe 2005 -- now it says Trial?
I just purchased Money 2005 Standard today. I got it home, installed it and realized that one of my favorite old features was not included in Standard. Anyhow a message popped up after a while asking if I would like to upgrade, I did - I plugged in my .net password, credit card and address info and finally got a download page. I downloaded a file that was named webinst.exe - installed it (it asked me to remove Money first) and now when I start up the program it tells me its the Trial Edition .... what went wrong? My card has been charged ... is there a page that will let me re-downl...