uninstall dpm server, but ntbackup.exe stops detecting tape device

I uninstall dpm server (no protected server) successfullu.

However when i run ntbackup, it cannot detect the TAPE device anymore.

How shld i approach the problem ?

0
IT

Update the drivers, and possibly firmware.

I had a problem where DPM suddendly sent my tape offline. I flashed the
firmware to the latest version and updated the drivers, it fixed it. Don't
know whether it was a driver of firmware problem, maybe it just reset the
drive!

"IT STAFF" wrote:

> I uninstall dpm server (no protected server) successfullu.
>
> However when i run ntbackup, it cannot detect the TAPE device anymore.
>
> How shld i approach the problem ?

Have you re-enabled the Removable Storage service?

How to stop Tax and Subtotal printing from receipt?
Does anyone what to do if i want know to show tax and subtotal in the receipt? Please help. Ken ...

2008 sbs & 2003 terminal server...
I recently upgraded our 2003 sbs to a 2008 sbs. Terminal server licensing was running on old sbs - how do I get it to run on 2008 sbs & will licenses still work? Something is not correct. TS was never allowed on SBS 2003, not since SBS 2000. In SBS 2003 or 2008 you are allowed two RDP connections for administrative duties, but none for running applications. You need a separate server for TS in a SBS domain, can be physical or virtual, but don't run any VM's inside of SBS. If you want to use one box, use Server 2008 as the hyperV host, then virtualize SBS and Serve...

how do i stop outlook and get my emails back to my yahoo account
I inadvertantly downloaded Outlook and it sent all my saved emails from my yahoo account to Outlook. I do not want to use Outlook. How do I get my emails back to my yahoo account. I have over 150 emails that I have saved and want to continue to save, on my yahoo email. Please advice and thank you so much. Kathy "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E90682A0-D0E5-481A-ADE7-D946D91D42F3@microsoft.com... >I inadvertantly downloaded Outlook and it sent all my saved emails from my > yahoo account to Outlook. I do not want to use Outlook. How do I g...

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

Restoration of Shares doesnt restore the share (dpm 2010)
I tried the option of checking off the share in my PG.. so i did a test, i deleted the share from my server, then did a recovery from DPM, restoring the share (I tried both permission options in the recovery).. it restores things, permissions included, but the share does not get recreated.. Is there some other way to store share information inside the backup perhaps, from the servers in question.. IE: I have alot of hyperv guests that i am doing granualar file backups on, rather than backing up the vhd.. i felt that backing up the vhd and doing the file backups inside the vh...

What are the benefits of a 2nd Exchange Server in single small domain? Any Redundancy?
Hi, Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value (besides a hot swap standby) For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without having to repoint their outlook clients? This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000 users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby server" question. This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in...

Norton Ghost Image HQ Server then backup database file daily fine?
Would ghosting the hard drive image of our Windows 2003 HQ server once to an external storage space then daily backing up the HQ database file with a batch file + task scheduler be sufficient for backup purposes? Nothing is ever installed or changed on the server except the HQ database file I believe? And perhaps some windows security updates but that can always be re-downloaded. Matt, If you are speaking of Windows 2003 Server, Ghost will not work. Use LiveState Recovery from Symantec instead. Ghost only works with XP and W2K We use a batch file to backup the database and Ghost to ba...

XML type restrictions in xsd.exe
Hi, I have just started using xsd.exe and was wondering if anyone knows if it can deal with type restrictions. I have noticed that, when I ran xsd.exe to process a schema I have written, the class produced did not have the restrictions that were in the schema. Ta, R ...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

Micorsoft is going to stop MS newsgroups
No, no joke: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Seems that Micro$oft does want more control on what we can do and write ... so all is going to based on their sites and they going to close their Usenet groups. Well, going to their "support" is not for me. I do not trust them one bit!!! I refuse to fall for that f***ng rage of MS to get more and more control on what it's users can and may do!! Hi Menno, Hopefully we can come up with something else. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messen...

how do I stop opening attachments with wordpad
Can any-one help? thanks What are the attachments supposed to open in instead of Wordpad? Jobbie wrote: > Can any-one help? thanks "Jobbie" <Jobbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FB0112E-64D4-4F76-92B5-3BAF2DD4AE03@microsoft.com... > Can any-one help? thanks Attachments open with whatever application you've configured to use. Save an attachment to disk. Using Windows Explorer, right-click and choose Open With>Choose Program. Pick the program you want to use to open the file, check the box labeled "Always use the ...

POP3 Server cannot deliever certain message
I have clients on Outlook 2003 SP2 and OE 6 (the version that is in XP SP2, fully updated), who cannot download e-mail whenever there is a message waiting for them from "trackingupdates@fedex.com". If they go into OWA and delete the message, they can download their mail as normal. This is very odd!! I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this. Exchange 2003 SP1 "Gordon Hawkins" <Gordon Hawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have clients on Outlook 2003 SP2 and OE 6 (the version that is in XP SP2, >fully updated), who cannot download e-mail wh...

Inetinfo.exe and the SP4 windows 2000 rollup 1
I installed the Security Rollup 1 for SP4 this morning on my Windows 2000, Exchange 2000 server. After rebooting when the ciritical update was installed, I started getting the following error every 6-10 seconds and getting between 2-10 of the error messages: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. HELP! I tried re-booting the box again, error came right back, every 6-10 seconds...

Download from mutliple POP3 servers at the same time?
Hello, Can outlook download from multiple POP3 servers at the same time. My outlook seems to serially go through the servers, and only download from one at a time. Regards, Scott F1 NUT <noonehome@speakeasy.net> wrote: > Can outlook download from multiple POP3 servers at the same time. My > outlook seems to serially go through the servers, and only download > from one at a time. You can't have multiple POP connections open simultaneously. Outlook will, as you observe, download from each sequentially. -- Brian Tillman ...

PFBackup.exe fails to install
I have downloaded the file to two machines running Win2k with SP 4. One is running Office XP, the other is running OFfice 2k. Both are as updated as I can get them, from windowsupdate and from officeupdate. When I run the pfbackup.exe on either machine, I get a message telling me that I need to uninstall the previous version. I click "yes" please uninstall the previous version (which I never installed, by the way), but I then receive an error telling me that this option is only available for previously installed versions, and after that another message telling me to uninsta...

Entourage 2008: how to change order of mail servers in left panel?
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008. Unlike Entourage 2004, it lists my Exchange server at the top, and the "On My Computer" below, in the panel on the left side that indicates my mail folders etc. How do I change the order? Thanks, Mike On 1/12/10 4:04 PM, Michael Levin wrote: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008. Unlike Entourage 2004, it lists > my Exchange server at the top, and the "On My Computer" below, in the > panel on the left side that indicates my mail folders etc. How do I > change the order? The default mail account as selected un...

Changing Server on a Microsoft Query
I have a query in a spreadsheet. It is pointing at a server and SQL database. How do I change the location of the server? The query is not saved anywhere, it is only embedded in the sheet. Changing the ODBC I originally selected in Control Panel makes no difference. Where is it storing the connection information??? Thanks. G ...

CRM & Office 2007 on Windows Server 2003
Hi there, We have been running CRM with Office 2003 on Windows Server 2003 (Citrix) with no problems for some time now. We are now in a process of upgrading our Citrix farm to Office 2007 and I have just read that CRM and Office 2007 is only supported on Windows 2000 and Vista ? Does anyone know when CRM with Office 2007 will be supported on Windows Server 2003 ? Thanks ...

text to speech stopped working in excel
Text to speech in Excel stopped working. Have Sapi 4 Have lhsp Have TTS3000 Get message when opening speech propetries that "The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a differnt audio device" however there is only one engine listed in speech properties - "Microsft English ASR Version 5 Engine"????? The information in the following MSKB article may help: FIX: Speech engines do not work and you receive an error message when you open Speech Control Panel http://support.microsoft....

Server rules #3
I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in outlook 2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to store any more, where can I edit this limit? // Johan Y There is no way to edit the limit as it is actually a limit in the size permitted for a single RPC call (32K). You client is probably out of luck. Nue "Johan Ylinenjarvi" <johan@jeloin.se> wrote in message news:OIrjmLUaGHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I Have a client with an usual request, he has added so many rules in >outlook 2003 (stored on server) that the server refuses to st...

stop macro recording button missing
Hi When I record a macro the stop recording toolbar is not displayed. How do I get it to display? TIA Ray ray, View/Toolbars Select "Stop Recording" John ray wrote: > Hi > When I record a macro the stop recording toolbar is not > displayed. How do I get it to display? > TIA > Ray You might have to do that while recording a macro.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John Wilson" <jwilson@optonline.net> wrote in message news:3FA7FE82.58F30DFC@optonline.net... > ray, > > View/Toolbars > Select "Stop Recording" > > John > ...

Exchange 2003 OMA Server Activesync Configuration ???
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 behind MS ISA 2000 (the outgoing http is set with basic authentication). I have configured OWA and OMA and this is working fine but I would like Pocket PC users to use the OMA activesync feature. Can someone point me the right direction? At various stages I am getting error on the pocket pc like HTTP_405, HTTP_407 and HTTP_500 error. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. Hi Kueh, Thank you for your post. It is difficult to tell at which situation you will encountered these errors, a common troubleshooting step is to open the HTTP protocol logging and check the log...

OWA 5.5 on Server 2000 reinstall... "Access is Denied"
I have seen all sorts of suggestions here and MS articles on this issue... none of which help. I know exchange 5.5 runs on a 2000 server. In fact, I had it running flawlessly for over a year on it, so that is not the issue. One day, it was giving me issues, not taking anyone to thier mailbox, locally, or on the internet. I couldnt even get in a mailbox by logging into OWA on the OWA server. Long story short, me and 2 other very qualified and trusted techs tried everything and as a last resort, I decided to reinstall Windows Server 2000 on this machine and start anew. No dice... I still ge...

Set email address to default to different server
Hi everyone. We're setting up a Zimbra mail server for testing a couple of mailboxes. Migrating the mailbox contents was easy enough. But is it possible to tell exchange that particular email addresses/ accounts live on a different server? For example user2@domain.com is migrated to Zimbra but user1@domain.com still lives on our SBS 2003. So if user1@domain.com sends an e-mail to user2@domain.com then it gets relayed to the Zimbra server and not just bounced back to user1 since user2@ no longer exists in the Exchange configuration. Is that possible? Cheers, B Hello: Y...

newprof.exe #2
What's the new program or script for automatic profile generation? Thanks, Kenny Outlook 2002 and 2003 run .prf files natively. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kb" <kb@cfbisd.edu> wrote in message = news:OL9gXbEaFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > What's the new program or script for automatic profile generation? >=20 > Thanks, > Kenny=20 >=20 > "kb" <kb@cfbisd.edu> wrote...