Unexpected VSS error (30218) when restoring database to new instan

I am attempting to restore databases backed up by DPM 2007 to a new test
server running the same version of SQL 2005 that the production system runs.
After running though the recovery console and selecting the test server and
the destination, DPM starts to restore and almost immediately produces an
error, "Operation failed because DPM encountered and unexpected VSS error
(30218)"

Searching on this error I was asked to look at the application logs on the
destination server for the issue but could find no issues logged on either
the destination or DPM servers. I applied a few hotfixes that I found online
but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone have any ideas?

replace data w/ new data
I have a text file that I opened in excel and need to replace some of the data with new data. I cannot use the find/replace all function because the old data is not in a consistent list form. The data I need to replace is in column F. But there is also other info in the same column that I don't want to lose. Old Data: MAN GM 1.07305E+17 CP 1Z7812X90312160167~ New Data: 1Z67X81F0345554229~ It's very hard for me to explain...but I have hundreds of these that I need to replace the invalid tracking numbers with the valid ones. Thanks, -- Tawny Galvin VAS Entertainment Excel...

Backup and Restore Registry Knowledge
I would like to know how to BACKUP a good registry, say the first one after a complete factory restore. AND THEN, if in the future I wanted that same BACKUP restored, pristinely, without any later additions of programs, registry entries updates and such. In other words, the same registry I saved after a factory recover, would be RESTORED. How can such a thing be accomplished? Thanks, jack "jack0233" <jep0233@gmail.com> wrote in message news:87d2e49c-a2fa-4ec8-966a-58499731675d@x15g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > I would like to know how to BACKUP a good regist...

SFO GoOffline Error
We installed CRM on a new server and now when I attempt to Go Offline with SFO I get an error: "CRM Sales for Outlook cannot go offline. The user does not have the sufficient privileges, or the Microsoft CRM server was not found." I'm an administrator in CRM so I should have sufficient privileges. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SFO (the first time I did this I didn't delete the CRM MSDE so this time I did) but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas? Danielle "Danielle" <danielles@ccr1.com> wrote in message news:uTxHxOMeFHA.2888@TK2MS...

restoring disabled prompts in outlook 2000
Hi. How do I restore disabled prompts in outlook 2000? I mean the prompts the office assistant suggests, that also have a little checkbox in them with the message "Do not ask me again" or "Do not prompt me again." next to it. Thanks for any help. ...

SQL databases are reporting to be slow , email is slow also
We have a fresh install on a new server. Everything is default setup. We are receiving comments of slow Outlook clients and email taking alot of time to be delivered. Also, are there optimizations that need to be run on the databases? Thanks. There is an "Optimisation" document that has been published by Microsoft - may help. Go to www.microsoft.com; select downloads and browse the list of downloads available for Microsoft CRM. Guy. "Scott Renfro" <Scott Renfro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97F2B33F-A2C8-4C6A-99E6-8C9DAE5AD08E@microsoft...

Error when configuring Resource Scheduling
We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 as the Exchange client. I have created a mailbox that will be used as a resource. When I open Outlook and go to Calendar Options > Resource Scheduling, I get the following error: The Operation Failed. An Object Could Not Be Found This happens on every client with every account. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP #2
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); I create new cnk file for this. I open GP it include my code and when i open Tools->Setup->Sales-> then it will show me a separator only. Is it right way to add new menu item under...

Crystal Reports Error 01-25-05
I don't know if anyone has come across this before but I want to create some custom reports for our CRM 1.2 install. I have installed Crystal Reports Advanced 9.2.4 and can connect to the APS with no problems. When I go to create a new report it asks which tables I wish to use. I can see Micrososft CRM under the New Connections and can select it. In the next window I change the server address to our server - http://servername/MSCRMServices but then whatever username and password I use I get the following error: Logon failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on u...

Why cube root gives error?
I typed =8^1/3 and I get 2.6666 instead of 2. Why? However if I type 2^3 I get 8. Thanks Try: =8^(1/3) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ewzw9F2uHHA.4540@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I typed =8^1/3 and I get 2.6666 instead of 2. Why? However if I type 2^3 I >get 8. Thanks > > > 8^1 = 8 then 8/3 = 2.6666 Type "precedence" into Excel help, to see the order of prcedenc...

Openeing Excel File in New Window
I am having a Form in my Excel sheet which runs all the time. whenever I try to open a new Excel sheet. that Forms popup and restricts Excel file from openeing si I have to open a new window and then open that file in new window. Please help with HOW TO OPEN THE EXCEL FIEL IN A NEW WINDOW EVERY TIME. Do you mean a new instance of excel--running excel 2 times--not just having another window in the same instance? If yes, try: tools|options|general|Check the "ignore other applications" box Then open the second file by either double clicking it in windows explorer or by opening t...

Error after add new subproject
Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in subproject location". Where is may exist problem? What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or non-alphanumeric characters anywhere in the path. Paul T. "Sergey" wrote: > Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in > subproject location". Where is may exist problem? "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote: > What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or > non-...

OLE error opening Mac .pst on PC
We are getting the following error message when trying to open SOME folders within a .pst on a PC where the .pst originated on the Mac (Outlook 2001 for Mac): "Unable to open folder. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." The saved mail folder and subfolders all show up, and most can be opened and messages seen, but when you click on some of the folders/subfolders, you get the error message above. COuldn't find anything on the Knowledge Base about this problem. The folders and subfolders all open just f...

CRM 4 Installation Error
Has anyone seen the following error during a new installation: 13:33:45| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction 13:33:50| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007202B): A referral was returned from the server. This is a pretty vanilla install: - Single box deployment, on premises configuration - Win2003 R2 x64 - Installing user is a member of domain admins group - All green checkmarks from the pre-installation diagn...

Device I/O Error
Using Excel 2007. I frequently get a Visual Basic Error "Device I/O Error" when opening an application that I designed. Most of the designs were originated in Excel 2003. Sometimes the error box appears upon opening the application. When I click OK, and click on another cell in the same worksheet, the error re-appears. This may continue 4 or 5 times and then it is fine. Almost every time this occurs, Excel crashes within 5 or 10 minutes. After I reload the application, it is fine. I believe all the errors occur on apps that have a Workbook_Open event or Worksheet_Change...

error 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#
Hi We have been sending email to a distribution list for over a year now and just yesterday we recieved an error message for some on the list and the email addresses are still valid: The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____ Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Diagnostic i...

How to import Contacts in Outlook 2003 into new Outlook 2007?
Just tell me how... cannot possibly copy from scratch every one of those address cards - how do I copy them into the new Office program for 07 If you Installed Office 2007 by selecting Upgrade then they will be there in the upgrade. If you uninstalled Outlook/ office 2003 then installed Outlook/Office 2007 (on the same PC) they will still be there http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "MsLeila" <MsLeila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C34AE49-5ED2-46ED-B955-1685E6D15AD9@microsoft.com... > Just tell me how... cannot possibly copy fro...

Serious Error
I am running XP Professional and Office XP. I set up a Limited Account for my daily use and an Admin Account. Since I have set up the Limited Account, I have started getting a message that my Modem interface has experienced a serious error and must close. Usually this happens after checking email in Outlook with the Limited Account. I have both accounts set up the same with email etc. I am not sure what I did wrong that I keep getting this error. I know that I was in the wrong account when I went to update my modem drivers--was in Limited account instead of Admin account when I expanded ...

IIS Admin Services terminate unexpectedly
Hi, I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin service crashes repeatedly (25 times in the last 3 days) I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 However, since I am running Windows Server 2003 I cannot apply the patch from the knowledge base article above My application log gives me the following error: Event ID: 1000 Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.0, stamp 3e8000f7, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x32df9645. ...

Compacting Databases
Hi, I create quarterly, read-only copies of databases for analysis and reporting. When I do this I re-index the tables to 100% FILLFACTOR for performance, and I shrink the databases to the minimal possible size to save disk space. Is it better to do the re-index first and the shrink second, or vice-versa? Optimally, I'd like to get each table's clustered index defragemented in contiguous pages in the disk file with no empty pages in between. I'm doing this on SQL 2008. -- Thank you, Daniel Jameson SQL Server DBA Children's Oncology Group www.child...

Script Error in IE8
Running IE8 under XP. Lately when I click on most web sites I get a msg "Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occured on a script on this page. " Any idea why???? Frank 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware...

Cannot Empty Clipboard error
Hi, I am runnig a java application which outputs data into excel. I am currently getting "cannot empty clipboard error" when I try to run the application. Also I need to mention that there are two instances of excel running which are accessing the clipboard as the application is doing parallel processing. I have got Win 2K and Excel 2000 on my system. Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" or http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840872 You may not be able to paste an item in an Of...

Adding new rows to an Excel spreadsheet
I am working on a 10 column Excel (Mac 2004) spreadsheet originally created by someone else. I need to add new data while retaining the original info. When I attempt to add a new row across all of the columns, a thin, gray frame/window appears around a section of the spreadsheet and limits the new row to only 3 of the 10 columns. Is it a filter? How do I remove it without losing the data in the section it surrounds? ...

Create new distribution list from To: field in a received email
I received an email today addressed to a large number of people, many of whom are not currently in my Contacts folder. It's a working group that will be communicating with each other as a group, so I'd like to simply copy the names in the To: field from this email I received, and create a new Distribution list from this group of names. But so far I can't figure out how to create a new distribtion list without either manually entering all these names into the list, or manually creating Contact forms for each one. Is there a simpler to do this? ...

New Mail icon/ghosts
I'm using the excellent SpamInspector to remove the curse of tedious Spam.My problem is it works very well but everytime it moves a spam e-mail to my deleted items folder I also obviously get a new mail icon appear.It's the same with "rules" removed mails-is there anyway of making sure I get the envelope icon in my tray only when there is mail in my inbox? Thanks The icon fires when mail is received. It does not depend on whether the mail is subsequently moved by rules or an Anti-Spam program. The arrival happens first so the icon fires before any subsequent action ...

Moving databases to a different server
My existing server is maxed out and I need to move the dbs. Is there any documented procedure for this? ...including moving the actual dbs and any CRM setting to reflect the new server name. Many thanks. there is indeed dave - remember to back up all your crm stuff like web.config, isv.config etc etc. I am getting ready for a server move myself so have tested the procedure below twice without any issues so it appears to to work well. ======================================== TechKnowledge How to move Microsoft CRM data from one Microsoft SQL Server to a different co...