unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM

I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available).
When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out.
Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM).

C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-net-windows-task-sche.aspx
0
Ben

AFAIK that's not possible (we wanted to do this as well).

"Ben" wrote:

> I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available).
> When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out.
> Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM).

> C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-net-windows-task-sche.aspx
> .

Hi Alex and Ben,
This was a conscious cut that we have made.
If you want only tape on the DR (secondary ) site , You can do D->D->T  on
the primary DPM itself and offsite them.
Can you please tell us why do you want spend network bandwidth and then just
write on to tape?

Thanks
Nikhil [MSFT]

"Alex B" <AlexB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AFAIK that's not possible (we wanted to do this as well).
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>
>> I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk
>> available).
>> When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I
>> unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term
>> option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out.
>> Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to
>> protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM).
>>

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-net-windows-task-sche.aspx
>> .

0
Nikhil
12/17/2009 9:14:57 AM
Hi Ben and Alex,

We would like to get in touch with you offline. Can you please share your
contact at pranaypr AT microsoft DOT com ?

Thanks,
--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"Alex B" <AlexB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AFAIK that's not possible (we wanted to do this as well).
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>
>> I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk
>> available).
>> When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I
>> unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term
>> option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out.
>> Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to
>> protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM).
>>

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-net-windows-task-sche.aspx
>> .

0
Pranay

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

How do I use a name in a range reference in excel?
I have a excel file that has a table with columns for each month of the year, and has many charts showing the row data for the range from january to whatever the current month is. How can I use a name such as "current_month" in the range reference for the chart rather than a specific column reference that has to be changed in multiple places each month? I'd like to just update the name in one place and have the charts automaitcally show the proper range. Hi, You will find some information here, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.co...

When i have to use Doc/View Architecture and Dialog-based Application??
Hi All, We can create dialog-based application in doc/view architecture also. But what is the need of going to dialog based application separately??? Thanks in advance Regards, Selva You use dialog-based apps when you need dialog-based apps. You use doc/view apps when the concept of document and view apply. There's no real mystery involved. You choose whatever appears to make sense for your application. Note that there is no such thing as a "dialog-based application in doc/view architecture". There *is* "CFormView-derived views", but a CFormView is *not* a dia...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Contact uses
Am studying towards my 284 exam and am confused as i thought i understood the uses of contacts but the below has thrown me. I thought you must not use contacts for internal users as the messages bounce when setting up the contact does it matter which mail address you use "do you have to use the comany.com to list it in ad so it delivers inbound mail" answer states use two mail addresses in contact if i add 10 addresses to the contact will they all receive a copy of the message sent to brian@company.com automatically. QUESTION: your company subcontracts a consultant named bria...

Passing Pointers using PostMessage
I would like to send data accross threads using PostMessage and passing pointers to the data as parameters. I know I can do this but I am concerned with memory leaks. Am I 100% guaranteed to recieve all these messages? Is there anyway that these messages could get lost in the windows event loop without my handler function being called to clean up the memory? Thanks in advance, James Well I use this tecnique heavily in my applications and have never experienced any message loss as far as I know (as distinct from PostThreadMessage). James Lennon wrote: > I would like to send data ...

How to Prevent Duplicate Data from inputing using input application?
Hello microsoft.public.excel.charting my name is Zig I am trying hard to find out how I can use a input application to input data into a specified excel sheet. I have learned how to input the data into the excel sheet although I need to prevent the inputs from being duplicated. I have used a validating solver to prevent duplicate entries but it only works if you type the text into the sheet. I am unable to get the input application to follow the validation rule. Is there a way that I can use a input application to prevent duplicate entries into the excel sheets and if duplicate data is true ca...

Outbound email blocked as SPAM when using the CRM4.0 router
I am using CRM 4.0 and noticed outbound email is blocked as SPAM when sent through the CRM router. The same email sent through Outlook is not blocked. I looked at the header of both outbound messages and noticed the CRM router email header is slightly different than what goes out through Outlook. I'm guessing it is the way the router relays the email. I have the router running on our Exchange 2007 server. I really want to use the router but can't take a cahnce on it getting blocked as SPAM. What is the solution? Have you managed to find any information on this, as we are having ...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

Can't create weekly recurring task--error msg (using v. 2002)
I'm trying to create a weekly recurring task. I've haven't changed any settings at all except Weekly in the Task Recurrence dialog. When I click Save and Close, I get this error message: Outlook Connector does not support this recurrence pattern." Did you set an end date on the task or not? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Caroline O." wrote: > I'm trying to create a weekly recurring task. I've haven't changed any ...

How to tell when a transaction has been rolled back?
I have a CLR stored procedure that uses a transaction to insert a row into a table. I need to tell somehow by looking at my sample data whether or not the rollback has actually happened. The only thing I have to go on is the HeadlineID int identity(1,1) not null column. Is this possible? 1. Run the stored procedure with sample data forcing it to succeed 2. Look at the data in the table itself. The current identity is set to 28. 3. Run the stored procedure again forcing it to fail. This is done by a unique key column [HeadlineTitle]. 4. Look at the table again to make sure this ru...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Using Frx and email
This may be long so bear with me. I have multiple questions. I am using lotus notes for email. I found another thread that talked about instructions using lotus notes that I plan to test out. However, I had other questions. 1. I am assuming that I can select any output option when using the email function in FRx. For example, if I selected the drill down viewer, the recipient would need the viewer installed on their PC. However, if I selected formatted XLS, they could open it with their excel application. Let me know if I'm wrong on this theory. 2. My question is about cha...

Payee Matching using Memo Field?
Note sure if this is specific to BofA, or if I'm just missing something.I am using MS Money Deluxe 2004, but also had same prob with 2000 When I download ofx (problems with qif also) statements the Payee or <name> is truncated to 32 char which normally I wouldnt care since money only allows 32 char in the payee feild. Problem is my transactions in the OFX are like this: <NAME>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** O <MEMO>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** ON 07-03 CUSTOMER ******** PAYMENT TO ACME Is it possible to auto match Payees using...

Excel error: Permission to use object denied
I have some new computers setup with Windows XP and Office 97. When go into Excel and open a spreadsheet, I get a Microsoft Visual Basi error:Permission to use object denied. The spreadsheet will not open. The error happens with every spreadsheet I try to open on tha computer. If I copy the spreadsheet to another computer, it open without complaint. The other computer is also running XP and Excel 97 but was installed a few months ago. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following article may be of some help, althought your problem is slightly different. h...

Can Outlook 2003 be used with the old 2002 interface?
I really don't like the new interface for Outlook 2003. I guess if I used it enough I'd learn to like it, but I have about 100 users that I'd have to show how to use it. If I could use a "classic Outlook interface" like the way Windows XP Professional allows a "classic Windows Start Menu", that would be great. You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. Some people have a real hard time learning new interfaces. We've been using the same type of Outlook setup since Outlook 97 with some small changes. These new changes for Outl...

OFXHTTP500 error after 1 day using Money Plus
Hello, I had to update to Money Plus after my money 2005 became unsupported and was thus no longer usable. I installed Money pluss without error and used it without error for 1 day, maybe 2 days. Now tonight I've spent an hour debugging connection failures of OFXHTTP500 when tyring to pull nwe data from my bank. Long story short it appears the money file is corrupt. I tried creating a new one and it connects and downloads from the bank without issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money. I ran both a simple and standard fix on the old money file, and no errors are foun...

Excel 2007
In my Excel-report I have a textbox to write comments. In Excel 2007 the "Enter"-knob on numeric part of keyboard doesn't work when typing in the textbox, but work as normal all other places in the workbook. Is this known by others, or is it just my server? Interesting! I can confirm this is the same behaviour that I have. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wegar" <Wegar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A054E635-9CB9-4B8A-AB0E-BC1CED2DA6AF@microsoft.com... > In my Excel-report I have a text...

Improve Service Calendar scheduling by using nearest location
Hello, I have different sites providing the same service, I want that from service calendar, my users could schedule a service: 1) from the nearest site 2) if no resources available on this site, use any other site with available resources. Is CRM able to do this ? How to enter rules on the service to have this kind of selection ? Thanks for help. CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

problems with document converted back to publisher 2000
I am trying to send a flyer that was created in publisher 2003 to a client - she requested that I convert it to Publisher 2000. I went in and saved it as a new document in the 2000 format, but when trying to email it as an attachment to her it stalls in my outbox and will not send. Any ideas? Lynette The file is probably too big. Try sending it thru yousendit.com. It's a free service. Warn her about the size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lyn11vw" <Lyn11vw@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

To make fields invisible using Dexterity Utilities
Hello I know we could use Windows propoerties to make fields visible or invisible on a Window in a form. I understand we could use Dexterity Utilities to make the fields visible or invisible to user. Could anyone say how to do it Dexterity Utilities is not the correct tool to hide fields from a user. You can do this using Modifier, VBA, Field Level Security or Dexterity. Dexterity can either use triggers or you can create an alternate window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.mi...

use front-end as a back-end temporarily
I need to do some maintenance on our Exchange back-end server. My thought was to change our front-end server to a back-end and simply move the mailboxes and public folders [small] to it so I can then take down the main back-end server for maintenance. Will this work OK? Is there a better solution that does not involve buying a new box? Is there a guide with step by step instructions? -- Sharingly yours... What maintanance do you need to do ? Easiest way would be to schedule downtime or is this not feasible ? Other option is if you are using Outlook 2003 cached mode is to have everyo...

I hit save instead of save as...is there any way to go back?
I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed to hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? You've kinda burned your own bridge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2D1EC64A733@microsoft.com... >I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed >to > hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:52:09 +0000, Jr Bullet wrote (in article <C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2...

which fax program do I use?
I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. windows comes with a fax (NT fax from memory), but it doesn't work with my version of outlook 2000 as it's "email only". a) Is there a way of changing outlook to permit the fax? or b) Is there another fax program that I could/should use? Peter Maybe the fax software that usually comes with the modem - asuming you have a dial up modem not cable. "peter" <peter.jennifer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166203871.236229.313840@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. w...