Restore MOSS Default.aspx Page

I have a MOSS environment that consists of
- WFE Server
- DB Server
There is only one farm on this installation.
Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL.

This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine.

When it comes to restores. The following happens...
- single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem
- restore default.aspx - fails with the following:
   The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB
\SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25 PM,
with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Most or all jobs
failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
   DPM was unable to export the item
http://farm.company.com/English/hr/Talent Management/default.aspx from the
recovery farm. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)

I have had a case open with MS Support for more than a month and they seem
to have no idea what is going on, and that's if they will call me back. So,
any help would be much appreciated.
Des

        Thanks for reaching newsgroup for reporting the issue. Can you
please make sure that you have DPM 2007 SP1 with all the QFEs are installed
on your DPM server? The issue is addressed in the QFE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951557.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"av2kwriter" <av2kwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a MOSS environment that consists of
> - WFE Server
> - DB Server
> There is only one farm on this installation.
> Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL.
>
> This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine.
>

> When it comes to restores. The following happens...
> - single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem
> - restore default.aspx - fails with the following:
>   The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB
> \SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25
> PM,
> with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Most or all jobs
> failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
>   DPM was unable to export the item
> http://farm.company.com/English/hr/Talent Management/default.aspx from the
> recovery farm. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)
>
> I have had a case open with MS Support for more than a month and they seem
> to have no idea what is going on, and that's if they will call me back.
> So,
> any help would be much appreciated.
> Des

0
Praveen
1/16/2010 12:55:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will need WSSCmdletWrapper.log file from your DPM
Server, Recovery farm server and Production front-end web server. Can you
provide the case number?

Thanks
Saurabh

"av2kwriter" <av2kwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a MOSS environment that consists of
> - WFE Server
> - DB Server
> There is only one farm on this installation.
> Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL.
>
> This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine.
>

> When it comes to restores. The following happens...
> - single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem
> - restore default.aspx - fails with the following:
>   The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB
> \SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25
> PM,
> with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Most or all jobs
> failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
>   DPM was unable to export the item
> http://farm.company.com/English/hr/Talent Management/default.aspx from the
> recovery farm. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)
>
> I have had a case open with MS Support for more than a month and they seem
> to have no idea what is going on, and that's if they will call me back.
> So,
> any help would be much appreciated.
> Des

0
Saurabh
1/17/2010 4:16:59 PM
The Fix is installed as part of the Feature Pack that is referenced in that KB.

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

>         Thanks for reaching newsgroup for reporting the issue. Can you
> please make sure that you have DPM 2007 SP1 with all the QFEs are installed
> on your DPM server? The issue is addressed in the QFE
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951557.
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
>
> "av2kwriter" <av2kwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a MOSS environment that consists of
> > - WFE Server
> > - DB Server
> > There is only one farm on this installation.
> > Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL.
> >
> > This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine.
> >

> > When it comes to restores. The following happens...
> > - single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem
> > - restore default.aspx - fails with the following:
> >   The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB
> > \SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25
> > PM,
> > with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Most or all jobs
> > failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
> >   DPM was unable to export the item
> > http://farm.company.com/English/hr/Talent Management/default.aspx from the
> > recovery farm. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)
> >
> > I have had a case open with MS Support for more than a month and they seem
> > to have no idea what is going on, and that's if they will call me back.
> > So,
> > any help would be much appreciated.
> > Des
>
> .

The log file you request - wsscmdletwrapper.log does not exist on any of the
three servers. The only logfile of similar name that is on the Recovery
server is wsswriter.log.

Case Number is SRX091002600043 - still awaiting a call after 3 days.

"Saurabh Bansal [MSFT]" wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. I will need WSSCmdletWrapper.log file from your DPM
> Server, Recovery farm server and Production front-end web server. Can you
> provide the case number?
>
> Thanks
> Saurabh
>

> "av2kwriter" <av2kwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a MOSS environment that consists of
> > - WFE Server
> > - DB Server
> > There is only one farm on this installation.
> > Recovery MOSS Server that host MOSS and SQL.
> >
> > This is backed up by DPM 2007. Backs work fine.
> >

> > When it comes to restores. The following happens...
> > - single items (documents, files, etc.) all restore without a problem
> > - restore default.aspx - fails with the following:
> >   The recovery jobs for SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\SP-DB
> > \SharePoint_Config_New that started at Friday, January 08, 2010 1:38:25
> > PM,
> > with the destination of SP-DB.domain.com, have completed. Most or all jobs
> > failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
> >   DPM was unable to export the item
> > http://farm.company.com/English/hr/Talent Management/default.aspx from the
> > recovery farm. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)
> >
> > I have had a case open with MS Support for more than a month and they seem
> > to have no idea what is going on, and that's if they will call me back.
> > So,
> > any help would be much appreciated.
> > Des

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Restoring auto-archive properties
I have set up my archive folders to archive each sub-folder of my inbox separately. I have since found this too convoluted to search for items and i wish to restore the default settings so that, my inbox and its subfolders now appear as a subfolder of the Archive folders drop down. How can i do this without losing any of my previous data/e-mails? Simply change the settings and move over any item that you want to be somewhere else now. If this results in multiple empty pst-file, then you can disconnect those via; File-> Data File Management... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MV...

Combo box default value multiautocomplete
Hi All i have a subform with 10 item. The first one is a combo box that can choose the value from a list that is linked to a table with many record. This subform is related to the master form with link master field codice,cognome,nome link child field codice,cognome,nome that are the other items that are not visualize in the subform. These link give me the right connection to the master form. Normally when i choose the value from list (table) i place also all the other item in the subform using this code in after update precedure Me.ISEE.Value = Me.ISEE.Column(0) Me.F_Costo_con_M...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Form pages
Is it possible to have a two page form and only print the first page or second page when needed.? Depending on your design, you should be able to use the File/Print dialog box selection to print 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 pages. But, forms are made for data entry, and viewing... not printing. Better that you develop a rptPageOne and a rptPageTwo and select either for printing from your form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." &quo...

How to get task manager CPU and default memory column values
I need to return CPU and memory columns for each process in server from web service like task manager shows by default. I tried code below but s.TotalProcessorTime throws Win32exception with stack below. How to get CPU and real memory size from server using web service ? Andrus. static void Processes(StringBuilder sb) { List<Process> processes = new List<Process>(); foreach (Process process in Process.GetProcesses()) processes.Add(process); processes.Sort((a, b) => { ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

How do I do a Print Preview of the "Current / Active" page on a fo
Hello all I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem is that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow at the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click the button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always showing the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so that once people have completed filling inform...