Restore Dpm2010 backups with Dpm 2007 possible?

We have Dpm2010 Rc running , Because of a license issue we possible have to
Is it possible to use the Dpm2010 backups within Dpm 2007?
Thanks

No this is not a supported scenario. DPM 2007 might not be able to
understand the backup metadata schema used in DPM 2010.

--
Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Mattu53" <Mattu53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have Dpm2010 Rc running , Because of a license issue we possible have
> Is it possible to use the Dpm2010 backups within Dpm 2007?
> Thanks

0
Praveen

IWebBrowser and Excel (2003 & 2007) problems
Hello, There are two problems with Excel when using it with IWebBrowser control: 1. You can't have Excel working at the same mode in embed mode (using IWebBrowser) and normal mode (as user). This problem is applicable to Excel 2003 but I believe it is possible to reproduce it with Excel 2007 as well. 2. You can't watch more than one Excel (and PowerPoint) file when watching in embed mode. When application that uses IWebBrower is closed a running excel instance is kept in memory. This problem is applicable for Office 2007 version only. Are there any solutions or workarounds to...

Possible to delete the Workspace of a project ONLY for re-creation with a new template?
I've improved the central template about a day after a user of mine create two new project workspaces (that aren't being used yet). I want to get rid of the ones that are out there and have them republish using the new template. Normally, I go out and delete the project from the published database ONLY and check the option to delete its associated workspace/ sharepoint site. Is there a way to just delete the workspace without touching the project in either the draft or published databases so that it can be re-created with the new template? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT 1...

Is this possible? #4
We have several pop accounts hosted with an external ISP. Now we have a server and all pop accounts are delivered to the Exchange server. The name is the same, so the pop accounts have the same 'last name' as the Exchange server. We have one person that is not working in the company so we are not importing his pop box. But If I send him e-mail I get a ' unknown user'. Can I tell Exchange not to take care off specific e-mail accounts that have the same name as the root-organisation. (Send aaaa@bbbbb.com to our external ISP, although bbbbb.com is normally internal) Than...

Possible to view spreadsheets without scroll bars?
Hi all. I have a question regarding large spreadsheets. I want it to look very professional and ideally would like the user to view it on the screen rather then having to scroll down and then across at various points! Any way to achieve this? Any suggestions regarding a way in which to make spreadsheet more professional are very welcome. Thank you! -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?...

Beta testing an Excel 2007 certification test
In case anyone is interested, there is a free Beta test of an MS Excel 2007 Certification test available at Brainbench.com. Here is the link to find the test: http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/betatests.xml This is not an advertisement, just a chance to test your knowledge and tell us about the test. Tracey Kelly Test Development Manager Brainbench, a PreVisor Company www.brainbench.com www.previsor.com TKelly <tke...@previsor.com> wrote... .... >This is not an advertisement, just a chance to test your knowledge >and tell us about the test. .... OK, it's s...

Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2007, I have my "To-Do Bar" shown on the right side of my screen. The Task List is selected and displayed. The problem is that I can't really tell what my tasks are because so little of them displays. I can widen the To-Do Bar a little bit, but what I'd really like is for the Task descriptions to use a smaller font. Can anyone tell me if this is an option? If so, where do I adjust it? -- Thanks! RBear3 .. You can only widen your ToDo Bar a little bit? I can widen mine a lot...what happens when you try to widen yours? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Mess...

A4 13.97 x 21.59 Booklet printing Publisher 2007
I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! Affy wrote: > I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but > when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried > altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! A4 isn't 13.97x21.59 (or 2x that); that sounds like letter-sized paper. A4 is 297x210mm; a half-A4 booklet would be 14.9...

Outlook 2007 + Connector
Hi there, I have Outlook 2007 installed with Connector as well. They both are working beautifully well. Outlook has synch all my folders with messages and so on. However, my question is, how do I download at once all the emails and folders I have from Hotmail server into my local PC machine, so I could read all my emails without being connected to the internet. Thank you and much appreciated your help. Ctrl+Alt+S - choose the send/receive group and click Edit. Set the connector account to download full messages. Once down, you can read messages when offline. -- Diane Poremsky [MV...

Help with Ask fields in Word 2007
I have a word template that I have created. I am going to be distributing this document internationally and don't want to have to manage change controls on multiple documents. Since we decided against using an Infopath form via forms services I had to scale back on the functionality in a few areas such as repeating rows and fields. That being said, I can't figure out how to accomplish something that should be rather simple. I need to ask the user to enter their region when the form template is first opened, display it in the footer. I can't figure out how to on...

revert from outlook 2007 to office XP
new pc so loaded a trial version of outlook 2007, but don't want to upgrade and want to stick with office outlook XP. i think i made an error by not loading outlook XP first on this computer, and wonder how to revert without losing content/data that's now part of outlook 2007. do i delete 2007 then load XP? thanks all. "loki" <craigmclaughlan_remove@terra.es> wrote in message news:OwdF$TbNIHA.6108@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > new pc so loaded a trial version of outlook 2007, but don't want to > upgrade and want to stick with office outlook XP. > >...

Possible to prvent installing fonts?
Why do Microsoft programs always try to outsmart the user? Oh, right. Microsoft hates users. Forgot. Anyway, is there a way to prevent Worst from installing fonts when I launch it? Oh, using Office 2004 on Tiger. On 9/18/05 10:23:42 AM, in article 1127064222.920879.61590@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "leftnotracks@gmail.com" <leftnotracks@gmail.com> wrote: > Anyway, is there a way to prevent Worst (sic) from installing fonts when I > launch it? Move or remove the "Do Fonts" file in the Office directory will, I believe, suppress the installation of fonts. ...

Textbox on chart doesn't print in Office 2003, but does in 2007
I have some charts that I create through C# code on a "template" worksheet and then copy it over to a new worksheet using the following code. When looking at the chart.Shapes, I can see the three Textbox objects that I want and these are the only shapes available. I can see them on the screen in both Excel 2003 and 2007 correctly. When I print in 2003 though, the textboxes don't appear like they do for 2007. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening? // Copy the images and charts (note index starts at 1) for (int z = 1; z <= wsTemplate.Shapes.Count; ...

To Do Flags
I mark an email with a red flat (To Do item), and then log onto Outlook on another pc, the red flag has a symbol of a person. On computer 2 (red flag with person), if I mark the To Do item as complete, this does not reflect on Computer A. Computer A still displays the To Do item. How can I make Computer 1 automatically update to show the item as complete. -- Michelle "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A69CF4E6-FABC-48B7-9CFF-4C002767656D@microsoft.com... >I mark an email with a red flat (To Do item), and then lo...

Backup
I had Publisher set to Save Auto Recovery info every 10 minutes. I accidentally exited without saving and lost all the changes I had made. When I went to doc & set\username\appl data\MS\publisher to find the file there was nothing there. What did I do wrong & what can I do to prevent this happening again (besides not exiting without saving!)? Publ 2003 TIA, -- Donna in Idaho Open Windows explorer, type %temp% in the address bar, if the Publisher document isn't there then it is gone. Look for files that have a pub prefix, change the .tmp to .pub. Good luck. -- Mary S...

set tab order in Access 2007
I can't figure out how to set the tab order for a form in Access 2007. I spent at least 20 minutes at the so-called online Access help and couldn't find this. It's easy to find for Access 2003, but not 2007. Indirectly related to this, F1 doesn't bring up help. Is there "help" associated with Access 2007? Thanks very much. Bob You have two ways of doing it in design view: 1) Right-click any object and select Tab Order 2) In the ribbon at the top, select Arrange. In the Control Layout section you'll see Snap to Grid and Tab Order I know 2007 takes a bit ...

Access 2007 development in Access 2010
For those of you with Technet subscriptions, Office 2010 Pro Plus retail (both x64 and x86 versions) are now available for download. Questions: All of my clients are obviously still Access 2007. If I install 2010, can I still package and deploy my 2007 apps as 2007 apps? Will Access 2010 Runtime be available immediately upon the release of Office 2010 in May? (Technet doesn't have it, and Microsoft/Download only has the beta.) Will Access 2010 have better ribbon development? I've been using IDBE Ribbon Creator because of the lack of ribbon tools in 2007. Th...

Exchange 2010 backup
Hi I'm planing to deploy a single exchange 2010 server for 100 mailboxes. What backup strategy (software/hardware) should I use for backing up this single server? It would be interesting to hear others company's and technicians experience on this matter Thanks/ Birger, Sweden On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:27:43 +0100, Birger <Birger@no-reply.com> wrote: >Hi > >I'm planing to deploy a single exchange 2010 server for 100 mailboxes. >What backup strategy (software/hardware) should I use for backing up >this single server? > >It would be...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

Word 2007 auto complete words or phrases
I have several long words and phrases that I use frequently. Can I tell Word 2007 to auto complete them when I start to type them? Yes, if you create AutoCorrect entries for them; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lee Geer" <Lee Geer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C19A2E-092D-4CEE-9AFA-371FB6BD61C4@microsoft.com... >I have several long words and phrases that I use frequently. Can I tell >Word > 200...

Restore button does not work
Thanks in advance for any assistance. I searched through the forum for this problem and found a couple of threads related to it, but none had a definitive answer. I have been having a problem in the last week or so, wherein the Restore button in the upper right corner of the Excel dialog (not the inner worksheet dialog) does not work correctly. If Excel is maximized, clicking on Restore will minimize the dialog onto the toolbar, leaving it only visible as a depressed button on the toolbar. Clicking on this button does nothing. Right clicking on the button shows a dialog containing the fol...

Exchange 2010 DAG with 2 DPM 2010 server
I have a test environment with two Exchange 2010 servers. They have a DAG that is protecting the mailbox database. I downloaded the trial version of DPM 2010 to test and verify that it will work for us. I setup the primary DPM server and it is protecting the mailbox DB in the DAG just fine. When I setup the secondary DPM server (offsite) to backup the primary DPM server the secondary DPM server can not see the any resources on the exchange servers other than the system drives. I create the protection group on the secondary server. I drill down on the primary DPM server an...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Excel 2007
Not much to go on with this issue. Just fishing. I created a sheet in Excel 2003 on Windows 2003. It was being used by an excel 2007 user and had some really funky anomalies. We were unable to duplicate the problems exactly, but every occurrence seemed to share symptoms. The following symptoms should be viewed as approximations, and not cast in concrete facts. When the user selected cell BM392, data in cells just off the screen, above and to both sides, and maybe 6 cells wide and up to 10 rows high, would not be displayed when the screen was scrolled down. When a cell was selected an...

PIVOT TABLE IN EXCEL 2007 #2
I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the list of column data appears all in column A instead of column B, C, D etc. How do I get the data into columns with its appropriate headers? Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "sid" <sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE7D4FA6-5F12-4F72-A12E-E9E223685790@microsoft.com... >I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the &...

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files, etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help is appreciated. Backup error: Window...