Problems connecting with clients

I've had to do a manual install on clients and I still can't get the server
(DPM2010)to communicate with clients, and I think the problem is on the
server (Windows 2008R2x64). The client error log for DPMRA says "host is
unreachable" but the server firewall config shows all the DPM apps allowed
through for the domain. Any pointers?

        Here are some guidelines on how to debug it, I am assuming that DPM
and PSes are in a single domain(or having trust to each other's domain) and
you have successfully attached the agent on DPM.

1. One quick way to isolate the issue from others with firewall, is disable
the firewall on the DPM and see if it works.
2. If the above one is working: please make sure that you have DPMRA.exe and
TCPIP port 135 exceptions in firewall.
3. If you can’t disable the firewall please add firewall exceptions for
DPMRA.exe and TCPIP port 135 and try it out.
4. Have you done any firewall reset on your DPM machine? This will remove
the firewall exceptions required for DPM/PS to communicate to each other. In
this case you need to enable the exceptions again for DPMRA.exe and TCPIP
port 135.
5. Please check if you can ping/access the DPM machine from production
servers using Fully qualified name of the DPM server.
6. Please check the eventvwr logs in DPM and PS for any DCOM errors.

I hope this helps you as a starting point to debug.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Owen Watson" <OwenWatson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had to do a manual install on clients and I still can't get the
> server
> (DPM2010)to communicate with clients, and I think the problem is on the
> server (Windows 2008R2x64). The client error log for DPMRA says "host is
> unreachable" but the server firewall config shows all the DPM apps allowed
> through for the domain. Any pointers?

0
Praveen
12/22/2009 8:00:06 AM
Praveen:

Sorry about the delay in answering: the newsgroup message notification
didn't work for me.

In the end I discovered that it was a DNS issue. I'd had problems doing the
initial W2008R2 setup with a static IP, so did it with dynamic and changed it
after setup to static. Unfortunately the DNS cache on the DNS Server kept the
old value, so it affected more that DPM. Deleting it from the cache and
restarting the DPM server did the trick. Aaagh!

Many thanks.

Outlook 2003 minimize to sys tray problems
For any of you out there that run Outlook 2003, when you min to sys tray, and then you try to double click to maximize it, does it ever act as though you only did a single click? This happens to me very often. I did change my mouse and this is a brand new computer. Every other USB device works fine. HELP! ...

Can't send email. Error msg: can't connect to outgoing SMTP serve
Setting up existing email account on Outlook. I can receive but not send messages. I use IMAP but error msg says Outlook is unable to connect to outgoing SMTP server. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84E21E60-359D-413B-95BF-F81BBBA248CE@microsoft.com... > Setting up existing email account on Outlook. I can receive but not send > messages. I use IMAP but error msg says Outlook is unable to connect to > outgoing SMTP server. Well, IMAP is only how you access your mailbox, not how you send email. that uses SMTP. Have you ever bee...

bookmark Problem
Greetings: I am using the following code to allow a user to display a particular record by clicking a particular record in a listbox. Private Sub lbxProblem_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Forms!frmMaster!.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[intProblemID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![lbxProblem], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Forms!frmMaster!fsubOpen!fsubHPI.Form.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub This code works fine so long as there is a matching record. But it can be that lbxProblem contains rec...

Windows 7 disk drive problem.
January 23, 2010 Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP Windows 7 disk drive to my hard drive and visa versa. When I got HP support to try to solve the problem my computer crashed. It took them an hour of remote control to get it back running without the original problem of the disk drive resolved. Does anyone know how to do it. Thank you. Gerald On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:21:00 GMT, Gerald Hansen <ghansen@tds.net> wrote: >January 23, 2010 > >Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP >Win...

Outlook Rules Problem #2
Hi there, I am using Win XP Pro with Office 2000 Pro, all updates applied. During the last few weeks I've had problems with e-mails being automatically put into my Deleted Items folder, from one specific address for which there is nothing in the Block Senders list and no Rule either. I have had to disable the "automatically empty deleted items folder upon exit" in order to prevent these e-mails from disappearing into oblivion. Every day they keep going in there. I often use OE6 to create HTML e-mails and I bcc these in order to capture them in Outlook to eventually go into m...

GetPurchaseOrderList problem
Right "out of the box", after adding the Dynamics GP webservice reference to my VS 2005 project and making a simple call to the GetPurchaseOrderList() method, I get an error: The method for enum Drop is missing. I noticed that in the reference.cs file the DropShip enum method has an attribute of XmlEnumAttribute("Drop Ship"), and the .wsdl file has the PurchaseOrderType enum value of <s:enumeration value="Drop Ship" />. I tried changing the XmlEnumAttribute("Drop Ship") to XmlEnumAttribute("DropShip"), and the .wsdl <s:enumera...

dynamic_cast problem
hi i have problem obtaining pointer to a base class here is the code: --------- CTPGEntityContainer* objs = dynamic_cast< CTPGEntityContainer* > ( GetDiagramEntityContainer() );// return pointer to data container (CDiagramEntityContainer*) // this section is ok if (!GetDiagramEntityContainer()) AfxMessageBox("GetDiagramEntityContainer() error"); // but this one is not if (objs) result = objs->CanLink(); else AfxMessageBox("Get objs Error"); // << i get this error << --------- CTPGEntityContainer is a class derived from CDia...

Exchange Public folder Limits Problem
i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits, but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and force the updates.. Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied? thanks, michael ...

Problem
i all I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet, rename it and use it. All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with differ...

Error:"problem with messaging interface"
I am trying to add a contact to Outlook. It won't save it. When I try to save, I get a message: Problem with Messaging Interface. If this happens again, restart Outlook. I restarted outlook without saving, same thing happened again. What is causing the error and how do I fix it? I don't use outlook for email. Just for contacts and sync with my blackberry (which I also don't use for email). Did Outlook ever work as it should? If so, can you think of anything that changed before you started encountering this problem? There are countless causes for it so it&...

WM_ENDSESSION problems after Lock PC
Hello, I have a mfc application running as a service. When a user locks the PC (XP) and then an administrator unlocks the PC (this logs off the user forcefully) the CWnd::OnEndsession function gets called. I retrieve the mesage and check lParam to check whether it is a shutdown or a logoff : const MSG* msg = GetCurrentMessage(); msg->lParam is 0 , falsely indicating that it is a shutdown Is there a way how to handle that situation so that my app knows that it is not a shutdown of a PC ? Normal Logoff\ Logon works correctly. Lubo Hi, Well, in a console process, the contr...

Depreciation Problem
I am running depreciation on +1000 assets. The journal has applied the correct amounts to the correct G/L accounts for all but one group. Any ideas how to resolve this? ...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

Excel 2003 vs 2002 problems
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet (80 MB) that was having some memory type issues in Excel 2002. I was told that 2003 has more memory. I upgraded today and noticed that the spreadsheet no opens better, i can copy/paste formulas better etc. However, I noticed that it calcualtes much slower than 2002. I have live stock data coming in via RTD links - the RTDThrottle is the same. I have run a sisde by side comparison (same spreadsheet running on two different systems - one with 2002 and the other with 2003) 2002 calculates much quicker. Does anyone know if I have to change something in...

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

XPath problem with dateTime strings comparison
Hello, I've got an XML file saved from DataSet. One table has datetime column (datatype - xs:dateTime). XML file fragment for example: <Root> <Element>2004-03-15T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Element> <Element>2004-03-16T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Element> <Element>2004-03-17T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Element> <Element>2004-03-18T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Element> </Root> I'm trying to get MyXmlNodeList using MyXmlDataDocument.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(MyXPathString) method, where MyXPathString, for example, should loo...

restore backup problem Money 2004
I cannot restore the backup file. It said Money cannot locate file or cannot open it because it is a read-only file. I did copy backup file to hard drive and restore to different location, different name. But there's still the problem. I'm using Money 2004 running on Window xp. I read the other thread for Money 2005 but dont know where to update my version of Money 2004? Pls Help, Thanks! ...

Exchange 5.5 RPC Problems
Our 5.5/SP4 environment has started to be problematic regularly, since it's been in a mixed AD 2003/5.5 site. The 3x 5.5mailbox servers will "randomly" lose RPC conenctivity to Outlook clients, however OWA will continue to work. There's nothing suspicious logged in the event logs. The only fix is to restart the information store, or if it's our IMAP server, we have to restart the whole server otherwsie IMAP won't work. Any clues, or tools? I've tried RCP Ping tools but the documentation is shitty. How can I use that to determine the availability, ideally I coul...

Problem with multipage UserForm
the following code was adapted from J. Walkenbach's book: Private Sub CancelButton_Click() Dim Msg As String Dim Ans As Integer Msg = "Cancel the wizard?" Ans = MsgBox(Msg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, APPNAME) If Ans = vbYes Then Unload Me End Sub Public Sub UserForm1_Initialize() MultiPage1.Value = 0 UpdateControls With ActiveWorkbook Me.TextBox1.Value = .Worksheets("sheet1").Range ("b3").Value Me.TextBox2.Value = .Worksheets("sheet2").Range ("a9").Value Me.TextBox3.Value = .Worksheets...

Problems with XmlSerializer and namespaces
I have an object, Teacher, that has a namespace. Let's call it http://foo. Teacher has a child object called Name, composed of String first, middle, last, etc. Problem I have is when I try to deserialize it. When I deserialize a single Teacher, it works when I put the namespace on the Teacher element. However, if I have just the namespace on Teacher, it will deserialize fine as Teacher. *However*, if I try to deserialize an ArrayOfTeacher, Teacher.Name doesn't deserialize (it's null); without the array, it's OK. What I wound up doing was serializing both a Teacher ...

ToolBar problem
I am creating a tool bar in a dialog box. I have the tool bar created, no problem. No I have 2 blank buttons in front of the toolbar for a font name cb and a font size cb. The problem is when I create them they sit on top of the first couple of buttons on the toolbar. I need to push the the toolbar over when I put the combo boxes on it. how do I do that? Did you follow example DLGCBR32 in MSDN to put a CToolBar in a dialog? It shows how to adjust the area to accomodate the toolbar etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com&...

Automatic Registration Button Problems
I am using the code below for a button in a form. It searches the Leaders table to find all leaders who are directors. Then registers all of these leaders for whichever event the button is in. However, when I press the button, it does something that I don't understand. Right now I have two events in my test database that I could register for. Both of them have about 12 people registered for them. I typed each of these registrants in. When I create a third event to test my new nifty button, it seems like it takes the first two events and doubles their registrations and register no on...

E-Mail Problems #2
My e-mail account management has become corrupted? I'm not sure. I have several e-mail accounts from three different companies. One is an ISP, one is for a replicated website, and the others are from my own domains (all on a single shared server with a single master account). Yesterday morning I changed the server and login information for those with my domains to a new server (new hosting company). Everything seemed to be working okay in the morning, but in the afternoon things went haywire and Outlook began exhibiting the following symptoms: 1. It created a phantom 'second copy' ...

Custom View Problems
I have defined a custom view with some hidden columns and a filter on 1 column. I checked the box to remember hidden columns, rows, and filters. When I display the view, the filter does not seem to have any effect. If I click on the auto filter dropdown menu at the top of the column that has a filter, the correct filter item is highlighted and if I re-select it, the filter works. Is there some other setting I have to enable to get this to work correctly? Also, I have another custom view that unhides the hidden columns and sets the auto filter to "All" in order to get back to the ...

i've got a simple excel problem that needs solving...
Hello, i'm new to the wonderful world of all thing's Microsoft, I've got Excel 2004 for the Mac and i'm having to use it as a database for my large record collection as they don't make Access for the Mac unfortunately. I need a custom worksheet of just 4 columns long, the reason being that when i get to the last column in the row (the rows being Artist, Title, Label, Comment) i want the cursor to jump to the 1st column of the next row when i press TAB as this would save a lot of time when inputting my record names. (instead of moving the cursor down with the arrow a...