Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010

Hi!
We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2

The Protected computer is:
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition
5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790

When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was
successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing,
the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I
running a consistent check the job failing.
In the error in DPM is:

The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on
sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All
protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is
synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing
recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica
is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the
databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a
consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

DPM failed to create the backup. If you are backing up only System State,
verify if there is enough free space on the protected server to store the
System State backup.  On protected server running Windows 2008 Server
operating system, verify that the Windows Server Backup (WSB) feature is
installed and that it is not performing any other backup or recovery task.
(ID 30214 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)

Check the event log on the protected computer sea0700smon1.seko.local and
fix any errors reported.
Synchronize with consistency check.

When I manually running a NTbackup job at the protected computer on system
state I get the following error 2 error events:

Source NTBACKUP EventID 8019
End Operation: Warnings or errors were encountered.
Consult the backup report for more details.

In the backup.log file:

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "sea0700smon1_test.bkf created 2010-03-04 at 08:53"

Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
Timeout before function completed

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff.

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:ffffffff
Aborting Backup.

----------------------

The operation did not successfully complete.

Source SQLWriter EventID 2483
The description for Event ID ( 24583 ) in Source ( SQLWRITER ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
IDBInitialize::Initialize; 0x80004005; SQLSTATE: HYT00, Native Error: 0
Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client
Error message: Login timeout expired
SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -1
Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client
Error message: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the
server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
connections.
SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -1
Error state: 1, Severity: 16
Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client
Error message: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance
Specified [xFFFFFFFF].
DBPROP_INIT_DATASOURCE: SEA0700SMON1\MICROSOFT##SSEE
DBPROP_INIT_CATALOG: master
DBPROP_AUTH_INTEGRATED: SSPI

What have happened with the server? The Backup of C: and D: is working but
not systemstate.

        Can you check the status of the SQL Service and its health for
SEA0700SMON1\MICROSOFT##SSEE instance? Some reasons for Event ID: 24583  are
addressed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919023 can you please take a
look at the article?

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"johnez" <johnez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Error message: Login timeout expired
> SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -1
> Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client
> Error message: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to
> the
> server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by
> the
> fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
> connections.
> SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -1
> Error state: 1, Severity: 16
> Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client
> Error message: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance
> Specified [xFFFFFFFF].
> DBPROP_INIT_DATASOURCE: SEA0700SMON1\MICROSOFT##SSEE
> DBPROP_INIT_CATALOG: master
> DBPROP_AUTH_INTEGRATED: SSPI
>

> What have happened with the server? The Backup of C: and D: is working but

0
Praveen

Windows mail problem with iphone??
I have Vista & Windows mail. My ISP is Charter. All worked fine until I set up an iphone. Now I cannot receive email., but I can send. The email works fine on iphone & at Charter.net, just not in Vista. This is error msg: Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I'm losing my mind!!!! tried everything I've read!! help!! -- richar...

EMF from Visio makes Word print problem
Win XP, Word 03 40 meg document with lots of graphics and junk. Fairily well behaved. I've pulled a lot of embedded Visio drawings out and replaced them with EMFs. That brought the size down from 50 megs+. One page with text and an EMF is acting up. The page looks fine, and Cute PDF makes a decent PDF out of the doc. The PDF looks fine. On one of our offfice printers, that particular page is upside down. Not just the graphic- the whole page, headers, footers, etc. Even stranger, the same page prints upside down FROM THE PDF to that printer. Well, obviously it is the printer. But- any ide...

News in outlook 2003 problem
Hi all, I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" to add to the "go". Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. Any ideas how I get it back? Many thanks Spence Spencer <warthog@nospam.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" > to add to the "go". > > Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. > Any ideas how I get it back? Asked and answered innumerable times. Use search to find them. -- Brian Tillman Make sure Outlo...

i have a problem with a specific site
i have a problem while opening this site www.bbcarabic.com IE hangs for some seconds then open the page why that happens ??? Hi, The page is simply too large at over 1 MB (total) with more than 200 objects and more than 200 images. For the full report, go to http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ and put the URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/arabic/ into the "Enter URL to diagnose field." - Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "mmfarahat" <mmfarahat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A03053-8809-4575-B1C4-C965C2748668@mi...

CReBar height problem.
I have problem with changing size of CReBar control. When I have window resized to full-screen, then all ReBar bars are fitted in one line. When size of windows is "restored" (i.e. by button next to close, in title bar), CReBar is receiving WM_SIZE. But height parametr received by WM_SIZE is old height. When after changeing size, ReBar is to small to fit all bars in one line, some bars are moved to second bar line. But WM_SIZE received by CReBar after resizing gets old height (height of one bar), but GetReBarCtrl().GetBarHeight() at same time is getting new value (height of...

OL2003 SP2 IMAP: Problem with rules wizard and Junkmail
Hi, I've build a rule with the rules wizard to copy messages from IMAP-Inbox folder to my personal folder. When Outlook detects a mail that should go to the Junk-E-Mail folder on the IMAP Server it copys the message to the Junk E-Mail folder but I also get a copy of that message in my personal inbox folder. How can I modify the rule to avoid these symptoms? Thanks in advance. -Bodo Bodo <1> wrote: > I've build a rule with the rules wizard to copy messages from > IMAP-Inbox folder to my personal folder. > When Outlook detects a mail that should go to the Junk-E...

NT Backup to BU Exchange and then BackupExec
I'm going to purchase Backup Exec for a new server setup with Exchange (both 2k3) but was thinking I might just schedule NT Backup to backup exchange to file and then use BackupExec to backup the server. Make sense? This would be instead of purchasing the Exchange Agent for Backup Exec. What are the pro's / con's to doing this? Anyone else doing this? Hey, The pros' is that you don't pay for the Exchange Agent license! The cons however is that technically you have twice the restore time in a DR scenario. Example: You have to restore from tape/disk in BackupExec t...

SMTP communication problem #3
I (bchexch.bch-insurance.com) am trying to send an email to rencon.cc but get the bounce below. Recon thinks it's an issue on bchexch's end and I'm leaning more towards it being an issue on Rencon's end. I've been searching the internet for answers but haven't really found any conrete solutions. The last bit of information I found suggests that the bounce is not from an Exchange server and therefore an issue on Rencon's end. If it's my end, I'm not sure how to go about resolving it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you very much, Cheryl ...

Weekday Problem
I am trying to create weekdays in cells from a date cell and want the weekday cells to give me back the day of the month as a day number only from that date that I enter over a specific number of cells. I also want to have the days fill in automatically over certain period of cell. Help...Thanks so much what a great forum... -- deanholmes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deanholmes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533048 I don'...

Outlook Search / Find feature problem
When using the find feature e.g. in inbox to look for mail messages Outlook lists the oldest messages first before arriving at the newest messages. They are listed in date order, however, with large numbers of messages saved in the various folders this can be rather time consuming. Does anybody have an idea as to how this problem can be resolved. Thanks ...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

Problem forwarding
Guys, I have a few users using Outlook 2003 that are having problems forwarding. The first issue, is when 2 particular users forward messages they receive from another individual they body of the mail is not forwarded. The second option is 1 particular user when she forwards a message the attachment is dropped. I can't state that this problem comes from the external person sending the mail, because when that person sends me a mail, I'm able to forward with any issue. Any thoughts would help. "Nik" <test> wrote in message news:e$Zratv4KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNG...

Strange Message in Header and red x problem
My continuing Saga of the red x's. When an E-mail (that has http tags in it that will show as red x's when read) arrives into Outlook 2007 (with Vista Ultimate OS and Office Pro 2007 installed)), the header in the top pane first shows the message : "You have received an HTML E- Mail from sendersname, but it appears that your E-Mail client is set to read messages in plain text" Well, my client is NOT set to do that (or anywhere I can see) and after you hover over the message with the mouse, that header disappears and it shows just the subject line. Does that help anyone tow...

problems in Word
I have Word 2002 on my computer. I work at home and have to insert information into forms. I have turned off the OVR but still sometimes when I try to type a word into the form, overstrike will come on and delete as I type. How can I fix this? Secondly, when I use HELP and have the answer box on my screen, when I go back to my document, the help box vanishes. It used to stay there so I could read and follow the instructions at the same time. What happened to make it start going away? Thanks for any help. ...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

Problems w/online updates
I recently upgraded to MM06. I was able to set up online services with six financial entities, but am having problems with two. One credit card comes back with: Money couldn't finish setting up this account. If you are tryin to add an account that you recently opened at your bank or brokerage, on the Tools menu, click Internet Up[dates, click Update Now, and then follow the instruction on the screen. When the update is complete, click any ccount in your account list from that bank or brokerage, and then click Set up these new accounts in Money. If you recently deleted the existi...

backup and restore problems on e2k7
I've backed up a IS of "server1" of a 2-server exchange organization. now i've broguht server1 offline and restored that IS on server2. resotre completed, IS mounted, the problem is that all mailboxes still show server1 and disconnected mailboxes show nothing. what am i doing wrong? thanks in advance ...

Money 2004-2005 upgrade problems
I installed Money 2005, and it was anything but seamless. It made duplicate accounts for every listing in my 2004. These "second" accounts have a very odd register view- you can't really bank, all it does is list cleared transaction and "adjustments." I tired to merge these, but lost all previous entries. Also, whereas all my accounts updated fine before 2005, now ALL but one credit card will not update. What happened? How can I get my updates going? How can I merge my accounts? How can I get the traditional register view?!?! Welcome to Money 2005. It soun...

External and internal mail problem when using outlook 2003 (expert)
Dear all, My enviroment as below: Server 1 : Ex 2003 domain : abc.com mailbox ws1@abc.com 10 mx record Server 2 : Ex 2003 domain : abc.com mailbox ws2@abc.com (Intermal server) Add SMTP server connector "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts " and SMTP server connector which internal user can't send external mailbox. Question : When i using outlook connect Server 1 using POP3 (1 priority) and Server 2 using Exchange mode (2 priority). I have try to send out ws1@abc.com is work. But i try to send out ws2@abc.com is not work as using server 1 c...

Backup Errors
We use veritas 9 to backup our information stores. On one of the stores we get this event ID 478, with this error Information Store (2684) The streaming page read from the file "x:\xxxx\xxxx\xxx.stm" at offset 1213386752 (0x000000004852d000) for 1763 (0x000006e3) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 4107459216 (0xf4d2da90) and the actual checksum was 3605654658 (0xd6e9ec82). The read operation will fail with error -613 (0xfffffd9b). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup. I can re...

Problem replying to emails
All of a sudden today I can't reply to my emails. I can get them wit no problem but when I go to reply it locks and says it's no responding. Any suggestions -- Marshalldt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marshalldtk's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=445 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=120875 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i In news:Marshalldtk.2em0zi@NoSpamPleaze.com, Marshalldtk <Marshalldtk.2em0zi@NoSpamPleaze.com> typed: > All of a sudden today I can't reply to my emai...

iTunes 7.3.1 and Quicktime 7.2 Updaters cause problems for Office
See the Entourage Help Blog for help dealing with problems after updating iTunes 7.3.1 and Quicktime 7.2. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/itunes_731_and_quicktime_72_up.html> If you have not applied the updaters, I suggest waiting for a fix from Apple. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

dll problem
Friends, When I'm in outlook and try to use an email link, I get the following: c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\setuprsc.dll not found. Any ideas. Thanks for your help ...

Problem with Xpath query !!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C41FE0.0229B680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have some troubles with Xpath when I'm using it with a XmlDocument = containing two namespaces. Here is the XmlDocument : <grammar = xmlns:sapi=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/Speech/2002/06/SRGSExtensions"= xml:lang=3D"en-US" tag-format=3D"semantics-ms/1.0" version=3D"1.0" = root=3D"Root" mode=3D"voice" = xmlns=3D"http://www...

Rounding Problem
I have got a very simple accounting spreadsheet where column C is determined by (A+B)*1.06. Cell C is formatted for dollars - two decimal places. At the bottom of column C is a total which is usually correct but sometimes it is out by one cent. All the calculations across are correct. I am sure there is an easy way to fix this isn't there? Thanks. Al Check this link of John McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may...