Previous versions looking at old DPM server

We have recently moved to a new DPM 2007 server and everything is working
correctly except the end user restore feature. The previous versions tab only
shows recovery points from the old DPM server. I have checked the “enable end
user recovery” box and run the DPMADSchemaExtension.exe program. I also
verified that the new DPM server has the same permissions as the old server
for MS-ShareMapConfiguration in active directory.

Hi Weiman,
        When you moved to new DPM server how did you configure the agent on
the production server? Did you use SetDPMServer.exe on the Production server
to connect to the new DPM server? In any case can you please try to
un-install and install the agent on the Production server?

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"WeimanIT" <WeimanIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have recently moved to a new DPM 2007 server and everything is working
> correctly except the end user restore feature. The previous versions tab
> only
> shows recovery points from the old DPM server. I have checked the “enable
> end
> user recovery” box and run the DPMADSchemaExtension.exe program. I also
> verified that the new DPM server has the same permissions as the old
> server
> for MS-ShareMapConfiguration in active directory.

0
Praveen

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

Looking for guidance on integrating large assembler content into VC project.
I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access these top level subs from my VC7 project. I have looked at the __asm inline assembler option but can't see how I can author the subs properly. Should I be using MASM ? Could somebody please advise? "Jo" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message news:a19emvshanokh7qb19ir13o13thlotk0p0@4ax.com... > I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed > via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access the...

Exchange Server error message
I'm getting this error message from our exchange server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any ideas would be appreciated. "techman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting this error message from our exchange >server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk >space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any >ideas would be appreciated. Does this happen for ALL messages, or just some? It may be that the message contains a line ...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

Do I have to put my files on a server to hyperlink in Publisher?
For a class project, we need to make a website. However I do not want to go live with the site (publish the site) for security purposes. Is there a way I can just make the hyperlinks for my files open without having to be on a server? The instructor wants a working but not live site. TJ If you are using Pub 2003, the built-in navigation bar uses relative links that will work on your local machine. Under Help type "navigation" for more information. Assuming you use the default setting, when you Publish to the Web, you can direct the html output to a folder on your computer. T...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

how to Share Outlook on a win 2003 server
Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users on my win 2003 server How does one do this? I have search outlook help etc, have not really found a clear answer. Thanks Phil Share Outlook how? The program? The files? Have many profiles running one version of Outlook? Please be more specific. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Phil <phillip@pmassociates.com.au> asked: | Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users | on my win 2003 server |...

Report Server Error 09-28-07
After uninstalling MSCRM from my server, I tried installing it again. This has led me to the problem of the report server. I'm using the default server name http://<servername>/reportserver and it's still not realizing that it is actually there and fully running. I've checked the Services section of my server and also checked the individual server status. Both are running within normal parameters. Before the uninstall, the report server was running properly and CRM recognised that it was actually there. Any ideas? ....reed Is this SQL Server 2000 or 2005 SRS? 1. Fo...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

different versions in visio ole-object?
hello i have some problems printing a word document which includes some visio drawingns. In word i can see the visio object like i edited it but when printing the word-document, a completly old version of the visio object is printed out. The printed object is older that 2 weeks. I tryed printing the document from other PC without changes. I tryed copying the ole-object into an other word dokument (copy/paste) without changes. Printing the document from wordpad works great .... I also opened the visio object (doublecklick in word) and edited the object, saved the file and exited back to wo...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Dynamics GP version 11
Where can I find information about changes/new modules for GP version 11? I can't seem to find anything on Partner Source. Specifically, I'd like to know if they are going to offer "e-statements" for payroll direct deposits-instead of having to print them, can we e-mail them. Thanks. Tracey D We are still under NDA, so no new functionality can be disclosed beyond what you saw in Convergence 2009. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dyn...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

Missing default SMTP virtual server
I have just been given the task to configure the IMF in our exchange setup, but have found what appears to be a problem. The Default SMTP Virtual Server is missing. Is there any way to re-instate it, or is this a sign of potentially bigger problems in our setup? Regards Chris Bartholomeusz Are you sure this was not just renamed? Do you see any virtual servers under SMTP Protocols. If yes then work with that to enable IMF. cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Barton1967&q...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...

Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP Pro Acedemic Version?
I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? Should be okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462F1436-A536-46FB-A801-368F1941EE8E@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is > Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? ...