How to create and delete recovery points for DPM via PowerShell

Knowing how to manipulate DPM by way of PowerShell can come in handy in many
situations. For example, I had a case to where I was troubleshooting the DPM
console that was crashing and there was a concern as to whether or not
recovery points where being made for specific protection groups. Using the
PowerShell command we could not only verify this, but we could create a
recovery point to any protection group we wished. Another example would be if
you wanted to delete some recovery points to reclaim some disk space.
Recovery points cannot be deleted by the GUI so you have to use PowerShell to
accomplish that goal.

Our very own Shane Brasher created a video that covers how to use PowerShell
to both create and delete recovery points:

http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/02/04/how-to-create-and-delete-recovery-points-for-dpm-via-powershell.aspx

J.C. Hornbeck | Microsoft

link a picture in excel and create a form/label in word.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0127_01CA1088.F8D97D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want the picture to display in a label form. using 2007. =20 --=20 Sharon ------=_NextPart_000_0127_01CA1088.F8D97D00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" = http-equiv=3D...

Deleting check box?
How do I delete a check box in an excel sheet. If I right click on it it only gives me the option to cut not delete. Thanks in advance. Joe Right click to select the button and get the drop down menu. Press Esc and the press Delete. Regards Trevor "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:OiALH2l9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I delete a check box in an excel sheet. If I right click on it it > only gives me the option to cut not delete. Thanks in advance. > > Worked like a charm, thanks! "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon...

Is it possible to create and publish Outlook Custom Form through VBA #2
Hi All, I have created COM-Addin for Outlook in VB. But there are lot of limitations in VBScript like to handle all events(other than click event) of controls(ListView,Textbox) on outlook custom form. Can we handle these events using VBA so that i can distribute that application? Or Is it possible to create and publish that form through VB.? Thanks, You can certainly create your own VB forms that will give you a full set of events but you cannot extend the events that you receive in a form's controls from an addin. You would still only get Click and that would be fired in the VBScrip...

Adding rows via a form to two tables
Hi, I wish to produce a form which refers to info in a particular table. The table is called Test. The thing is, I also have a second table called TestVersion. TestVerson has a field containing the ID of a row in the Test table. Each test has one or more version. So, for my Test form, I wish to also create a new entry in the Test Version table (version 1) each time I add a new test - as well as the Test entry. What is the best way to do this? Thanks, Aine. Private Sub Form_AfterInsert() Dim Db As DAO.Database Set Db = Access.CurrentDB() Db.Execute "INSERT INTO TestVersion (Tes...

Using Outlook to Access Exchange via AOL Dialup
Last Spring a customer of mine began experiencing regular problems attempting to access our institution's Exchange server via an AOL dialup connection. Ongoing research seems to confirm or at least compliment that there is a definite issue caused by AOL making some internal change. However, I can find no documented proof of this change online, or any explicit notice by AOL. In this customer's case, he uses AOL regularly to access his Exchange based e-mail and to synchronize. The logs indicate there are *constant* communication breakdowns almost every other minute, and he is only hi...

Deleting emails
I am unable to delete a email I have received. I just get a message saying "an error has occurred". Can anybody tell me what to do please. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about using queries in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Windows Vista Mail?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Chrissy" <christinebown@blueyonder.co.uk>...

creating a macron
Using Word 2003. The macron (long i) is not available in the font I want to use. Is there a way to create it by typing the letter and then placing the diacritical mark over that letter. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CombineCharacters.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sanukgray" <Sanukgray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C59C6F3C-9D3A-4E13-BF00-ED54FA363B9A@microsoft.com... > Using Word 2003. The macron (long i) is not available in the font I want &g...

Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007 (using IMAP settings) and Windows 7. When I delete an e-mail in Outlook, a line appears through the message and it disappears after a few seconds but the message does not get moved to the deleted (Outlook and IMAP) files folder. I have checked for the deleted message in my IMAP deleted files and/or trash folder via webmail as well as in the Outlook deleted folder. I have unchecked the auto archive and the option to purge the folder on exiting in Outlook. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Could it be something in my settings? Is this a bug? Thank yo...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

DELETE IN External DB
Kinda like Suspicious SQL but this is DELETE... DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN '" & C:\RED\Reddy.mdb & "' " & _ "WHERE (((tblPay.PayNameID)=[Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID]));" DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) Where does the IN part go? Thanks DS I think you have the position correct, just not the syntax. DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN 'C:\RED\Reddy.mdb' " _ & "WHERE tblPay.PayNameID=" _ & [Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID] DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) You could also use...

I want to delete a large attachment from a meeting item.
I have a meeting item in my calendar that has a large attachment. I want to delete the attachment and keep the meeting item. I can't edit the meeting item. Office 2007. Thanks. What happens when you select the attachment and hit Delete? Save & Close to keep the change or cancel the save if you change your mind of deleting the attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Can I use Power Point on my 2 computers?
I installed Office on my desktop. I want to do a Power Point = presentation=20 using my laptop, since I can't drag my desktop around. When I try to = use=20 the laptop it says Power Point is already being used. Is there a way = around=20 this? Can I produce it on my laptop and then use the PDF to copy it to = a disk=20 that I use on the laptop? I'm new at this! Molly Kohnstamm wrote : > I installed Office on my desktop. I want to do a Power Point presentation > using my laptop, since I can't drag my desktop around. When I try to use > the laptop it says Power Poin...

Creating assignments and PWA
Hello good community! The nature of our projects make it very difficult to foresee who will be working on what task until that task is ready to start. Ideally, because of this we would like to be able to create our timelines with tasks in place without any assignments ahead of time. Once the project is published and resources are ready to start work, they will be given their assignments by their direct supervisor (resource manager). We'd also like them to be able to do this from PWA. From my research and experience, this is not as easy as it is said. There does not seem to be ...

Deleted Messages...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2000 Premium If a user deleted all their items from within their SENT ITEMS folder and then emptied the DELETED ITEMS folder, is there any way at all to recover those messages? Thanx. Deleted item retention stores these for a number of days.. Outlook -> Tools -> Recover Deleted Items. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Creating a new identity with the folder structure of a previous identity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CA6629.A32A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I create a new identity, is it possible to copy the folder = structure of another previous identity. After this operation, my current identity will have all the folders (sub = folders) of the previous identity...but they will have not have any = mails...they will be blank Is it possible? If it is not directly possible...is there a work around to accomplish = this task? I am using OE6 ...

Creating a form with a multivalue field
I am experimenting with a DB with multivalue fields (Acess 2007). I created the table so that it works. However, in the form I created the selected values are listed next to a check box but the text is gray and uneditable. Does that mean that a form cannot be used? If it can, any suggestions for correction? -- DickD ...

Create chart using part of data table (data legend)
Hi I want to create a chart use only a part of data table (data legend) but I want the data table (data legend) to show all data. Because data is too much I just want the chart to show only two of them but I want to see the other data values on the data table. Is that possible ?? ...

How do I setup a recovery server and do the recovery?
How do I setup he recovery server? I have a spare 2003 server box, do I just put exchange server on to that and restore the database file into the mdsdata directory and then run integrity tools? Does it have to be the same organization or can it be a stand alone server. Thanks. Are you trying to rebuild a server to get it back online? Or are you trying to restore a database to get some data out of it. If you are trying to restore a database, try restoring to a recovery storage group. If you are just doing test restorations or testing D/R procedures, you do NOT want to put the...

Recovery Store and Exchange Snaps
We have a NetApp Filer that we take snapshots with our Exchange system. This snaps both the Store and the logs, so we always have a clean point in time backup of our data. I want to use these snapshots as our backup system, just backup these snaps and discontinue using the individual mailbox backups. I have run tests to validate this will work but have run into problems. I reload a snap and place it in the store location and place the logs in the log location for the recovery group but when I mount the store it tells me I have an inconsistent DB and I need to fix it. So I end up doing a es...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download #2
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I let Mone...

delete pivot table
Hello, Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resides on. thanks bill Select the pivot table and do edit>clear>all -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "billq" <bill.quigg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c7udneOu4-eac3bcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hello, > Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my > method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resid...

Creating forms.
Your question should have appeared here... If it had, my answer would have appeared here... On 17/01/08 1:44 AM, in article ee88d04.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "hansonj1157@officeformac.com" <hansonj1157@officeformac.com> wrote: > -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/ Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to. John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/ Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name...

Can I make a name local when I create it?
When I create a name by selecting the cell and typing the name in the Name Box, the name is always global. Is there any way that I can force it to be local at the time I create it? I would love to change the default to be local, if that's possible. I believe modern programming standards call for local names unless there is a very good reason to make them global. I cannot replicate this. After selecting A1 and naming in the namebox go to Insert>Name>Define. Select the name and what do you see in the refers to: dialog? I see =Sheetname!$A$1 which is a local name. A global name ...

How to inject Control-Alt-Delete into system
What's the best way to inject the keystroke sequence Control-Alt-Delete into the Windows system so that the system thinks that the user has entered the infamous three finger salute? The reason that I must inject the keystroke sequence is because I'm writing an auto test application that will be exercising a set of applications that include a Gina replacement. Part of the Gina functionality is triggered by notification from WInLogon.exe that a CAD has occurred. I would prefer to do this as an MFC compliant service if possible. ---------- "Sometimes you're the windshield...

Printing locally when connect via RWW
Hi When I am connected to sbs 2003 server at the office via rww I am unable to print to my local printer which is an HP Colour Laser Jet 3800n. Is there a way to get is printer to work with rww? Many Thanks Regards With Windows 2003 and XP and prior, you must have exactly the identical printer name and drivers at both ends. Typically, you can install the remote printer driver on the SBS using LPT1 and it will redirect to USB or whatever on the remote, but some USB printers require that the printer be installed on USB and worse, some require that the printer be phy...