Exchange consistency check fails with error 30208

When I run a consistency check on exchange it fails with error 30208:

Type:	Consistency check
Status:	Failed
Second Storage Group on MBX.exds.myname.org. (ID 30208 Details: Unspecified
error (0x80004005))
End time:	12/14/2009 4:46:03 AM
Start time:	12/13/2009 11:53:17 AM
Time elapsed:	16:52:46
Data transferred:	1,110.46 MB
Cluster node	exds1.myname.org
Source details:	Second Storage Group
Protection group:	Exchange
Items scanned:	107865
Items fixed:	565

This SG hasn't been backed up for 2 months and has a large amount of log
files, 90GB for a 10MB edb file.  This is a public folder store.  I have the
same issue on my mail store, wich is 250GB with 200GB of log files.  I'd
appreciate any advice on how to proceede.  I'm tried running the consistency
check 3 times.  It runs for between 15-20 hrs and fails with the above and
different values for items scanned and items fixed.

Can anyone help me with this?

Is there a time limit for eseutil run time in DPM?  It's strange that it
always runs for about the same time and quits.

"dockeradz" wrote:

> When I run a consistency check on exchange it fails with error 30208:
>
> Type:	Consistency check
> Status:	Failed
> Second Storage Group on MBX.exds.myname.org. (ID 30208 Details: Unspecified
> error (0x80004005))
> End time:	12/14/2009 4:46:03 AM
> Start time:	12/13/2009 11:53:17 AM
> Time elapsed:	16:52:46
> Data transferred:	1,110.46 MB
> Cluster node	exds1.myname.org
> Source details:	Second Storage Group
> Protection group:	Exchange
> Items scanned:	107865
> Items fixed:	565
>
> This SG hasn't been backed up for 2 months and has a large amount of log
> files, 90GB for a 10MB edb file.  This is a public folder store.  I have the
> same issue on my mail store, wich is 250GB with 200GB of log files.  I'd
> appreciate any advice on how to proceede.  I'm tried running the consistency
> check 3 times.  It runs for between 15-20 hrs and fails with the above and
> different values for items scanned and items fixed.
Hi,
    Yes there is time limit for eseutil in DPM. The default timeout is
15hrs.
    However you can change the eseutil timeout using registry key.

Steps to change eseutil timeout:

a.       Open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data
Protection Manager\Agent”

b.      Create a DWORD named “EseutilTimeout”. The value will specify,
timeout for eseutil execution in minutes.

c.       If the specified value is zero, default value (15 hrs) will be
used.

Note: If the short term protection type is Tape, you need to create the
registry key on the Exchange server.

--
Thanks,
Nagesh

"dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Is there a time limit for eseutil run time in DPM?  It's strange that it
> always runs for about the same time and quits.
>
> "dockeradz" wrote:
>
>> When I run a consistency check on exchange it fails with error 30208:
>>
>> Type: Consistency check
>> Second Storage Group on MBX.exds.myname.org. (ID 30208 Details:
>> Unspecified
>> error (0x80004005))
>> End time: 12/14/2009 4:46:03 AM
>> Start time: 12/13/2009 11:53:17 AM
>> Time elapsed: 16:52:46
>> Data transferred: 1,110.46 MB
>> Cluster node exds1.myname.org
>> Source details: Second Storage Group
>> Protection group: Exchange
>> Items scanned: 107865
>> Items fixed: 565
>>
>> This SG hasn't been backed up for 2 months and has a large amount of log
>> files, 90GB for a 10MB edb file.  This is a public folder store.  I have
>> the
>> same issue on my mail store, wich is 250GB with 200GB of log files.  I'd
>> appreciate any advice on how to proceede.  I'm tried running the
>> consistency
>> check 3 times.  It runs for between 15-20 hrs and fails with the above
>> and
>> different values for items scanned and items fixed.

0
Nagesh
12/16/2009 2:11:07 PM
Thanks!  That's very useful to know.  I ended up turning off eseutil checking
to get it through the consistency check since I was running out of log space
on the exchange servers.

I turned it back on now.  What is the recommended synch frequency for
exchange?  I have it set to every hour, but my stores are becoming
inconsistent, I'm guessing due to synch frequency.

Thanks,
Andy

"Nagesh [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>     Yes there is time limit for eseutil in DPM. The default timeout is
> 15hrs.
>     However you can change the eseutil timeout using registry key.
>
> Steps to change eseutil timeout:
>
> a.       Open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data
> Protection Manager\Agent”
>
> b.      Create a DWORD named “EseutilTimeout”. The value will specify,
> timeout for eseutil execution in minutes.
>
> c.       If the specified value is zero, default value (15 hrs) will be
> used.
>

> Note: If the short term protection type is Tape, you need to create the
> registry key on the Exchange server.
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Nagesh

> "dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help me with this?
> >
> > Is there a time limit for eseutil run time in DPM?  It's strange that it
> > always runs for about the same time and quits.
> >
> > "dockeradz" wrote:
> >
> >> When I run a consistency check on exchange it fails with error 30208:
> >>
> >> Type: Consistency check
> >> Second Storage Group on MBX.exds.myname.org. (ID 30208 Details:
> >> Unspecified
> >> error (0x80004005))
> >> End time: 12/14/2009 4:46:03 AM
> >> Start time: 12/13/2009 11:53:17 AM
> >> Time elapsed: 16:52:46
> >> Data transferred: 1,110.46 MB
> >> Cluster node exds1.myname.org
> >> Source details: Second Storage Group
> >> Protection group: Exchange
> >> Items scanned: 107865
> >> Items fixed: 565
> >>
> >> This SG hasn't been backed up for 2 months and has a large amount of log
> >> files, 90GB for a 10MB edb file.  This is a public folder store.  I have
> >> the
> >> same issue on my mail store, wich is 250GB with 200GB of log files.  I'd
> >> appreciate any advice on how to proceede.  I'm tried running the
> >> consistency
> >> check 3 times.  It runs for between 15-20 hrs and fails with the above
> >> and
> >> different values for items scanned and items fixed.

Hi Andy,
    If you are using Exchange 2007 CCR, the default incremental frequency is
1hr.
    Use DPM storage calculator to configure protection groups for optimized
performance.
    Synchronization frequency does not cause the replica inconsistent,
please check the replica inconsistent alert in the alerts view for more
details.

--

> Thanks!  That's very useful to know.  I ended up turning off eseutil
> checking
> to get it through the consistency check since I was running out of log
> space
> on the exchange servers.
>
> I turned it back on now.  What is the recommended synch frequency for
> exchange?  I have it set to every hour, but my stores are becoming
> inconsistent, I'm guessing due to synch frequency.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> "Nagesh [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     Yes there is time limit for eseutil in DPM. The default timeout is
>> 15hrs.
>>     However you can change the eseutil timeout using registry key.
>>
>> Steps to change eseutil timeout:
>>
>> a.       Open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data
>> Protection Manager\Agent”
>>
>> b.      Create a DWORD named “EseutilTimeout”. The value will specify,
>> timeout for eseutil execution in minutes.
>>
>> c.       If the specified value is zero, default value (15 hrs) will be
>> used.
>>

>> Note: If the short term protection type is Tape, you need to create the
>> registry key on the Exchange server.
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Nagesh

>> rights
>>

>> "dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone help me with this?
>> >
>> > Is there a time limit for eseutil run time in DPM?  It's strange that
>> > it
>> > always runs for about the same time and quits.

0
Nagesh
12/17/2009 5:49:54 AM
When I run a consistency check on the affected store I get this error.  I
have disk space on the dpm server, the backup partitions for the store and
then target so I'm not sure what this means.

Type:	Consistency check
Status:	Failed
Details: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested
service (0x800705AA))
End time:	12/17/2009 8:52:34 AM
Start time:	12/17/2009 8:42:07 AM
Time elapsed:	00:10:26
Data transferred:	2,045.43 MB
Cluster node	exds1.umasd.org
Source details:	First Storage Group
Protection group:	Exchange
Items scanned:	1755
Items fixed:	1751

Thanks,
Andy

"Nagesh [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>     If you are using Exchange 2007 CCR, the default incremental frequency is
> 1hr.
>     Use DPM storage calculator to configure protection groups for optimized
> performance.
>     Synchronization frequency does not cause the replica inconsistent,
> please check the replica inconsistent alert in the alerts view for more
> details.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Nagesh

> "dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  That's very useful to know.  I ended up turning off eseutil
> > checking
> > to get it through the consistency check since I was running out of log
> > space
> > on the exchange servers.
> >
> > I turned it back on now.  What is the recommended synch frequency for
> > exchange?  I have it set to every hour, but my stores are becoming
> > inconsistent, I'm guessing due to synch frequency.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andy
> >
> > "Nagesh [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>     Yes there is time limit for eseutil in DPM. The default timeout is
> >> 15hrs.
> >>     However you can change the eseutil timeout using registry key.
> >>
> >> Steps to change eseutil timeout:
> >>
> >> a.       Open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data
> >> Protection Manager\Agent”
> >>
> >> b.      Create a DWORD named “EseutilTimeout”. The value will specify,
> >> timeout for eseutil execution in minutes.
> >>
> >> c.       If the specified value is zero, default value (15 hrs) will be
> >> used.
> >>

> >> Note: If the short term protection type is Tape, you need to create the
> >> registry key on the Exchange server.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Nagesh

> >> rights
> >>

> >> "dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Andy,
    Is the DPM Server running under low resources (Memory or CPU )?
    You can clean up the log files on the Exchange Server and try
Consistency check to avoid transferring unwanted log files present on the
Exchange Server.

    Steps to clean up logs:
        1. Enable circular logging
        2. Dismount the DBs
        3. Delete unnecessary log files for the SG on the Exchange Server.
        4. Mount the DBs.

--

> When I run a consistency check on the affected store I get this error.  I
> have disk space on the dpm server, the backup partitions for the store and
> then target so I'm not sure what this means.
>
> Type: Consistency check
> Details: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested
> service (0x800705AA))
> End time: 12/17/2009 8:52:34 AM
> Start time: 12/17/2009 8:42:07 AM
> Time elapsed: 00:10:26
> Data transferred: 2,045.43 MB
> Cluster node exds1.umasd.org
> Source details: First Storage Group
> Protection group: Exchange
> Items scanned: 1755
> Items fixed: 1751
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> "Nagesh [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>     If you are using Exchange 2007 CCR, the default incremental frequency
>> is
>> 1hr.
>>     Use DPM storage calculator to configure protection groups for
>> optimized
>> performance.
>>     Synchronization frequency does not cause the replica inconsistent,
>> please check the replica inconsistent alert in the alerts view for more
>> details.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Nagesh

>> rights
>>

>> "dockeradz" <dockeradz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks!  That's very useful to know.  I ended up turning off eseutil
>> > checking
>> > to get it through the consistency check since I was running out of log
>> > space
>> > on the exchange servers.
>> >
>> > I turned it back on now.  What is the recommended synch frequency for
>> > exchange?  I have it set to every hour, but my stores are becoming
>> > inconsistent, I'm guessing due to synch frequency.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Andy

0
Nagesh

Recovering Deleted Exchange files
My former employer uses Exchange and today they de-activated my account. When I was updating the delivery location for emails, I accidentally deleted the Exchange Account. I have all but the last month of emails backed up and I'm wondering if there's a way to restore those emails from a "temp folder" or somewhere else on the local drive. Thanks! If you only deleted the account from your profile, you can use system restore to roll bac to before you deleted it, then move the messages to a pst and delete the account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

Remove child domain after child domain DC has failed
Active Directory: Domain Functional Level: 2008 Forest Functional Level: 2003 I used to have a dev domain, which was a child domain of our production domain (dev.domain_name.local). This dev domain had a single domain controller and that domain controller has died. Now I would like to remove that dev child domain from my production domain to get rid of the event log errors on my production domain controllers. Has anyone seen an article on how to remove a child domain from active directory when there is no DC to demote? -- thanks, Jeff Winters, Rimrock Corpor...

SBS 2008 Backup-Fails with Creation of the shared protection point
Hi - am maintaining a SBS 2008 Premium server for a local firm. Recently (for over a week now) when I check the backup component of console at start of day I see the following message - "Creation of the shared protection point timed out. Unknown error (0x81000101)" and the backup has failed. I have done a bit of a google search and not found much. At the start I could do a manual backup and that woudl work, then a manual backup aftger a shutdown and restart, but now it just refuses point blank. The server is up to date. The data on this server is ABSOLUTLEY ESEN...

How do I "tick" a check box
I wish to indicate with a tick,that an action has been done.a X looks negative.and I am unable to find a suitable symbol. Gordie, One way is to change the cell font to "Marlett" and enter an "a" or a "b" into the cell. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Gordie" <Gordie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CD8D4A7-3410-4347-A8F1-8E0803EC4567@microsoft.com... > I wish to indicate with a tick,that an action has been done.a X looks > negative.and I am unable to find a suitable symbol. ...

Error Message: GPS Error 58, SQL Error 102, ODBC Error 37000
Posted this on Dynamics Forums too. I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error. When a user logs out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors. GPS Error: 58 (clicks ok) SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok) ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok) Then is able to proceed to work with no problems I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or something like that. It only happens to her UserID. The problem is that we have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist favorites and set them available ...

Error 8108 #3
Source: MSADC Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8108 Description: The initialization process failed. This error is running every 5 minutes on our DC. Anyone have any ideas? I checked TechNet article Q317210 and it didn't pertain at all to our situation. We have no child domains, we're running in AD mixed mode, and all of our Exchange servers are enterprise edition, not standard as mentioned in the article. Hi Jim, Is there Exchange 5.5 or ADC running in your org? This error event may caused by ADC replication. So please temporarily step ADC and then check the issue again....

can't authenticate to Exchange
I can't authenticate to Exchange with Outlook but I can access mail through Outlook web access. I am running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. All of the clients accessing the Exchange Server work from home and use Outlook not Outlook Express. ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER SIDE: In the Exchange System Manager in POP3 Virtual Servers Properties dialog box, under the Access tab, under Access control \ under the Authentication button. I have Basic Authentication checked and Requires SSL/TLS encryption checked. In the System Manager in SMTP Virtual Servers Properties ...

Error c0070005 when trying to run Exchange System Manager
Hi Keep getting the c0070005 Exchange System Manager error message when I try to open System Manager, as a reslult I can't manage anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks Is this is? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q32391 -- thogar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thogarr's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=185 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187051570 Thanks for the post, but I tried that and it still doesn't work Piet "thogarr" wrote: > > Is this is? > http:...

Error
I want run some SQL-script by SqlCmd.exe . In Cmd.exe I ran this command: /------------------------------------8<----------------------------------\ C:\Documents and Settings\dakr\Desktop>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE" -S Server1 -i "C:\Temp\Test.Sql" -o "C:\Temp\SqlCmd.rpt" \------------------------------------8<----------------------------------/ But after that there is only next error message: The syntax of the command is incorrect. If I delete the last part (-o "C:\Temp\SqlCmd.rpt") all is...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Error when trying to add entity in admin interface
Anyone experiencing this issue? I am able to bring up both the mobile client and the administration interface. However, when i am in the administration interface and I am trying to add an entity, and I get the following error: Server Error in '/MobileClient' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The operation has timed out Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. E...

Microsoft Word Error
Does any body knows how to fix this? I tried Google and Microsoft KB, but can't find anything. When I try to write a document in Word, after I write a few lines, I get this message: Run Time Error Program: C/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office 10/Windword.exe Abnormal Program Termination Then there is an X to click out. When I click it all my document is deleted The problem started about 2 weeks ago. Windows XP/SP3, IE7, AOL 9.0 Security Edition. AVG Free 9.0 Thanks, -- edith See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm for some diagnos...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

Question: sharing exchange calendars
Sharing exchange calendars outside of the local domain Is it possible (and if so how) to share calendars in exchange from one local.domain to another remote domain? I have a domain abc.local and I would like to share calendars with people in a domain from another company called xyz.local. I was thinking that they had to be part of the same organization somehow but what if that isn't possible. Is there a way to do this? Can someone email me or reply to this post as i need help with this ASAP. My Email: backup (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you. My first thougt is Public Fo...

Help! error Masked Edit Control In GroupBox?
In VC6.0, I created a dialog template and added two Microsoft masked edit control 6.0, they worked well. Then I added a groupbox around these two controls and resorted the controls' order, the two masked edit controls doesnot display correctly, neither in testing nor after being compiled. In the other test, I set the groupbox to invisible, the Maksed edit control works well, But I need this groupbox to be visible. I can't find any useful message in Internet. Dose anyone know why? Daniels He 20050618 >In VC6.0, I created a dialog template and added two Microsoft masked edit...

Exchange 2003
How do you access the IMS mailbox and System Attendant mailbox in Exchange 2003? I am noticing a number of mail items sitting in them that need to be deleted. Thanks in advance! Kit If you're talking about the system mailboxes on Exchange 2003, then I'd leave them alone. AFAIK, there's nothing in them that *needs* to be deleted. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Kit Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04db01c3dbb9$68958d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you ac...

error C2065: 'IHTMLDocument3' : undeclared identifier
Hi, I get the error: C2065: 'IHTMLDocument3' : undeclared identifier at home but not at work, what am I missing on my home setup? Cheers, Rob You are missing MsHTML.h. You need to install the latest platform sdk to get this file. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Rob" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:u8LSg0pvDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I get the error: > C2065: 'IHTMLDocument3' : undeclared identifier > > at home but not at work, what am I missing on my home setup? > > Chee...

DPM Error at Erase Tape
Hi, When i try erase a tape a get the following error in DPM server: The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316) The tape in Stand Alone Drive Tape Library IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device at Drive IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device has been written to by some other tape backup application by using an unsupported physical block size . DPM only supports a physical block size between 1024 bytes and 65536 bytes and hence will not be able to read or overwrite the contents of this tape. (ID: 24084). I need help for the solution Hi He...

The Operation Failed #5
I am using Outlook XP and my computer just starting throwing "The Operation Failed" error message when I click on Send/Receive. I have not changed anything and the problem just appeared out of nowhere. I have closed Outlook and reopened, but it made no difference. I am still able to receive and send mail automatically, but I can't do it when I click Send/Receive. I still don't know what / why it happened, but I shut down the computer and rebooted. Problem appears to have rectified itself. >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook XP and my computer just s...

Group membership query fails because of special character
Hello All. Consider the following script: (watch for word wrap) strComputer = "atl-ws-01" strGroup = "Administrators" Set objGroup = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer & "/" & strGroup & ",group") For Each objUser in objGroup.Members Wscript.Echo objUser.Name Next This script works fine; except if there's a dollar sign ($) in the group name. Then I get the dreaded "(null): The group name could not be found." Using "GetObject WinNT", how can I query a (Windows server) local group...

Failed to process the Analysis Services database XX_Cube
Hi All, I have issue with Project server 2007 (With SP2 & all latest updates) OLAP cube (No customization) . Cube use to build everyday but after we loaded almost 600+ resources (all valid NT users no Form based authentication) in system, Cube took almost 12 hours but finally returned the error : Error summary/areas: CBS message processor failed CBSOlapProcessingFailure Queue GeneralQueueJobFailed Error details: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <errinfo> <general> <class name="CBS message processor failed&quo...

send/receive error message: outlook data file cannot be accessed
After many problems with my pc, I had to reformat my harddrive. i reinstalled Office 2010 Beta and now I can't send or receive email. it worked for the first hour or so, but now I get the error message. I researched on these forums for solutions and found some suggestions (delete all data and .pst files, etc.) but none have fixed my problem. I have tried creating a new data file from within Outlook and deleting all outlook data and .pst files, but still it says it cant be accessed. now that I think of it, all these problems may have started after I compacted my pst file....