Exchange 2010 DAG with 2 DPM 2010 server

I have a test environment with two Exchange 2010 servers.  They have a DAG
that is protecting the mailbox database.  I downloaded the trial version of
DPM 2010 to test and verify that it will work for us.  I setup the primary
DPM server and it is protecting the mailbox DB in the DAG just fine.  When I
setup the secondary DPM server (offsite) to backup the primary DPM server the
secondary DPM server can not see the any resources on the exchange servers
other than the system drives.

I create the protection group on the secondary server.  I drill down on the
primary DPM server and expand the "Protected Servers".  I see the exchange
servers, but all I see are the volumes.  No exchange databases?

Is this a limitation of the trial or will DPM not work for what we're trying
to do?

Hi,
    In production environment, DAG will be spread across both sites (onsite
& offsite). And exchange does the replication from onsite to offsite over
WAN.
    There will be two DPM servers ,one in the onsite(primary protection) and
one in the offsite(secondary protection). If secondary protection is allowed
for DAG databases then DPM has to transfer the data over WAN again(Exchange
has already transferred the data over WAN). To avoid transferring it
multiple times over WAN, DPM does not support secondary protection for DAG
databases. And DPM supports protecting multiple copies of a database (one
with expressfull & Incremental and remaining with copy backup ).
You can protect the database copy in onsite from the primary DPM server and
the database copy in offsite from the secondary DPM server in offsite.

--
Thanks,
Nagesh

"skreel" <skreel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a test environment with two Exchange 2010 servers.  They have a DAG
> that is protecting the mailbox database.  I downloaded the trial version
> of
> DPM 2010 to test and verify that it will work for us.  I setup the primary
> DPM server and it is protecting the mailbox DB in the DAG just fine.  When
> setup the secondary DPM server (offsite) to backup the primary DPM server
> the
> secondary DPM server can not see the any resources on the exchange servers
> other than the system drives.
>
> I create the protection group on the secondary server.  I drill down on
> the
> primary DPM server and expand the "Protected Servers".  I see the exchange
> servers, but all I see are the volumes.  No exchange databases?
>
> Is this a limitation of the trial or will DPM not work for what we're
> trying
> to do?

0
Nagesh

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Exchange Stops Working
Hello. MY SETUP: 1. Primary server named STECNICIL (THIS HAS WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER) 2. Secondary server name TEC-EXCHNG (THIS IS THE EXCHANGE SBS SERVER 2003) All the user connect through STECNICIL to get internet and every other service... All users connect to TEC-EXCHNG to get their email through OUTLOOK 2003. MY PROBLEM: I don't know what's going on but approximatly every 30mn to 1 hour, the connections between the clients and the EXCHANGE SERVER stops working. No more email for clients after that period of time. I have restart the server and restart the EXCH...

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Foreign Exchange
With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an then use that cell to do calculations -- peterthistl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48664 Here's something to get you started: Open a new workbook On Sheet1, enter the following: A1: FromCurrency B1: CAD A2: ToCurrency B2: USD A3: FromAmount B3...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...