Error: "PowerShell 2.0 CTP Installed" Upgrading to CTP

I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP.  I get an
error saying:

DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on
this server.  Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0
from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again.

I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I
continue to get the same error.  I no longer see any indication that
PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features.

0
rpublic

Launch DPM setup again. The setup will detect that powershell is missing and
will provide a URL from where you can download the Powershell RTM bits from.
Can you install powershell 2.0 from the URL given and click on "Check again.

--
Thanks
Shyama Hembram

"rpublic" <rpublic2010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP.  I get an
> error saying:
>
> DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on
> this server.  Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0
> from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again.
>
> I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I
> continue to get the same error.  I no longer see any indication that
> PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features.

0
Shyama
2/9/2010 8:56:26 PM
If you've installed powershell 2.0 CTP version on Windows server 2008 R2 or
upgraded OS on Windows server 2008 which has Powershell 2.0 CTP version it
will set the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellEngine\CTPVersion
to 10 DPM setup checks this registry value and gives the error that CTP
version is present

RESOLUTION:Change the registry value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellEngine\CTPVersion
from 10 to 20. A value less than 15 indicates a CTP version. If changing the
value gives access denied. Change the owner of PowerShellEngine node to
Administrators by default its trustedinstaller. For changing owner:

Righ click on PowerShellEngine->permissions->Advanced->Owner tab->Change
owner to Administrators->Apply->OK

Thanks
Venkata Praveen[MSFT]

"Shyama Hembram[MSFT]" <shyamah@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Launch DPM setup again. The setup will detect that powershell is missing
> and will provide a URL from where you can download the Powershell RTM bits
> from. Can you install powershell 2.0 from the URL given and click on
> "Check again.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Shyama Hembram
> rights.
>

> "rpublic" <rpublic2010@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP.  I get an
>> error saying:
>>
>> DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on
>> this server.  Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0
>> from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again.
>>
>> I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I
>> continue to get the same error.  I no longer see any indication that
>> PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features.

0
Venkata
2/10/2010 4:02:56 AM
Can you check if you have Powershell 2.0 RTM installed? Did you upgrade your
OS when the Powershell 2.0 CTP was installed?

Nileema [MSFT]

"rpublic" <rpublic2010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP.  I get an
> error saying:
>
> DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on
> this server.  Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0
> from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again.
>
> I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I
> continue to get the same error.  I no longer see any indication that
> PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features.

--
Nileema [MSFT]

Nileema
2/10/2010 6:41:19 AM
On Feb 9, 8:02=A0pm, "Venkata Praveen Borra[MSFT]"
<vbo...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you've installed powershell 2.0 CTP version on Windows server 2008 R2 =
or
> upgraded OS on Windows server 2008 which has Powershell 2.0 CTP version i=
> will set the following registry key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellEngine\CTPVe=
rs ion
> to 10 DPM setup checks this registry value and gives the error that CTP
> version is present
>
> RESOLUTION:Change the registry value
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellEngine\CTPVe=
rs ion
> from 10 to 20. A value less than 15 indicates a CTP version. If changing =
the
> value gives access denied. Change the owner of PowerShellEngine node to
> Administrators by default its trustedinstaller. For changing owner:
>
> Righ click on PowerShellEngine->permissions->Advanced->Owner tab->Change
> owner to Administrators->Apply->OK
>
> Thanks
> Venkata Praveen[MSFT]
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no right=
s.

> "Shyama Hembram[MSFT]" <shya...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Launch DPM setup again. The setup will detect that powershell is missin=
> > and will provide a URL from where you can download the Powershell RTM b=
its
> > from. Can you install powershell 2.0 from the URL given and click on
> > "Check again.
>
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Shyama Hembram
> > rights.
>
> > "rpublic" <rpublic2...@gmail.com> wrote in message
..
> >> I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP. =A0I get a=
> >> error saying:
>
> >> DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on
> >> this server. =A0Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0
> >> from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again.
>
> >> I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I
> >> continue to get the same error. =A0I no longer see any indication that
> >> PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features.

That was it exactly.  Changed the registry key and now it works.
Thanks.
0
rpublic

Error: "PowerShell 2.0 CTP Installed" Upgrading to CTP
I am upgrading a Win2k8R2 server from DPM 2010 BETA to CTP. I get an error saying: DPM setup has detected that Windows PowerShell 2.0 CTP is installed on this server. Uninstall any pre-release versions of Powershell 2.0 from Programs and Features and launch DPM setup again. I subsequently uninstalled PowerShell 2.0 CTP 3 and rebooted but I continue to get the same error. I no longer see any indication that PowerShell is installed in Programs and Features. Launch DPM setup again. The setup will detect that powershell is missing and will provide a URL from where you can downl...