DPM2010RC - Will Item Level Recovery be available w/o the Hyper-V

I saw some older topics asking for support for Data Protection Manager to
support item level recovery without the Hyper-V role. Is this a planned
feature? Is there a reason a dependency has to be placed on the entire
Hyper-V role?

This is a big deal for us and it would be enormously helpful if we could
take advantage of this advertised feature come release. If not, we will have
to install DPM2010 on the host cluster and lose some of the scalability,
reliability, etc, that the VM has.

hi
The feature is currently not available. I have forwarded the feedback to the
feature team. We shall be looking into it.

Regards,
Venkat

"Aaron at Wheelersautobody"
<AaronatWheelersautobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I saw some older topics asking for support for Data Protection Manager to
> support item level recovery without the Hyper-V role. Is this a planned
> feature? Is there a reason a dependency has to be placed on the entire
> Hyper-V role?
>
> This is a big deal for us and it would be enormously helpful if we could
> take advantage of this advertised feature come release. If not, we will
> have
> to install DPM2010 on the host cluster and lose some of the scalability,
> reliability, etc, that the VM has.

0
vrmurthy

Recurring items: outlook 2007 beta
In my calendar I have a recurring item. It's categorised with the "Blue label" In a single item of the recurring item I want to have the "Red label". How can I do it? It was possible to do it with Outlook 2003! Why not with 2007 beta?! thanks a lot I can see what you want to do. And yes you could label one meeting blue and the others red in 2002 and 2003. In 2007 you are categorising not labeling. Categories include a colour. The label function is gone. So no, you can't change the Category of one instance of a recurring meeting. Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook Aco...

CTreeCtrl item color
Hi, I have a custom draw tree control, and need to set the selected item's background color to highlighted (COLOR_HIGHLIGHT), and gray the item's background when the tree control loses the focus. GetSysColor() does not provide any such gray color, so what can I use to show it? TIA, SD ...

2002 Journal won't track new items
how do you fix 2002 outlook not tracking items from 97 office: excel, word etc... ...

eConnect doesn't update PO Line Item Description
I'm using eConnect v9 and integrating a PO into GP. During the initial create of the PO and the line item on the PO the line item description is written correctly from my input data (I'm using non-inventory line items). However, on subsequent updates the line item description doesn't get updated. Other fields update just fine. Is this a "feature" or a "bug"? Thanks! I assume you are sending the same description on the update as well. If you don't send the description, eConnect will remove the value. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc....

Workflow will not run automatically
I am new to the Workflow, but have tried to read up as much as possible. Now I am setting up a simple workflow which sends an email when a case is being assigned to someone else. The workflow works when I manually Apply the rule within the case. But it does not seem to fire automatically when I change the Owner of the Case. I am checking the Workflow monitor and I see every time I changed the owner. All the attaempt are in the columns Total and Paused. However, when I filter on paused I do not see any records. I am at the root of the business tree, and I have administrator and customis...

Office 2000
When I send emails out, I see them in my Outbox folder and then I hit the Send/Receive button and they do not appear in the Sent Items folder. I have checked the Tools/Options/Preferences/E-mail Options area and made sure that the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box is checked. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks, Doug What view do you have set on the Sent Items folder? Unread messages? Change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

deleted item retention for calendar, contacts, tasks
I've seen a doc on how to set this up, but i was an idiot and didn't bookmark. Can anyone point me to the procedure? Do a search for "DumpsterAlwaysOn" :-) It's a registry key you have to add. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "knightly" <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E4148C4-6D98-4254-BCF9-4009E962499B@microsoft.com... > I've seen a doc on how to set this up, but i was an idiot and didn't > bookmark. Can anyone ...

Please help a neophyte w/ connecting Outlook #2
I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying name and password", then finally "unable to establish a connection". I th...

vista 64 SP1 will not installed
Vista (Ru) 64 SP1 (KB936330) will not installed (Err. 80070005). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? ShEk wrote: > Vista (Ru) 64 SP1 (KB936330) will not installed (Err. 80070005). 80070005 is an Access Denied; Permissions issue. The installed secuяity software (antiv...

Search Folders
I want to set up a search folder in Outlook 2003 that only shows flagged email that are overdue. I have successfully edited the search criteria and defined a search that only shows the flags that are due today. However I want a criteria that only shows the flags that are due now. I have set up a criteria that states: "Due By" - "On or before" - "Today" which works but I want to filter out the ones that are not due until later in the day. If i put in: "Due By" - "On or before" - "Now" it shows items due tomorrow. Does an...

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

Add new items to Headquarters vs. Store Ops?
We're setting up RMS 1.3 for our client who has two stores (one 1-lane and also where HQ is, the other a 2-lane). This is my understanding of how new inventory is added with HQ. Maybe some of you more knowledgable would be kind enough to tell me whether this understanding is correct or not even remotely close to how it should work. (I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before but I didn't find the answers to my questions after searching this group.) New items are added via HQ with their costs, prices, deptartments, etc. and individual store quantities are set as well. Wo...

UPC based on Customer / Item
Hello all, I have products that i manufacture the same item for several customers the only thing that changes is the UPC they are using. I saw the Sales Customer Item Cross Reference table SOP60300 where i can store the customer item and change the way the customer relation with the item. So far i have not been able to add a user defined field from that table into a Sales Order/Invoice Is there a way that i can do it without third party applications? on customer source there is a reference about it but its only for a picking list, not the order/invoice itself I tried Extender but im limi...

Default Price Level
How do I set the price level C as a default price (for example) in the POS without setting up a customer whenever a cashier is scanning an item ? Manager|Database|Registers|Properties|General Tab|Default price level Rick Brown DataBasics "GregDxb" <GregDxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88E135CC-49DB-49D7-875A-72246E70E149@microsoft.com... > How do I set the price level C as a default price (for example) in the POS > without setting up a customer whenever a cashier is scanning an item ? Thanks Rick... To make it work , one more configuration sh...

DPM Error on end-user recovery permissions
Hello. I currently have a server with DPM 2010 RC, version 3.0.7558.0 running and every 12 hours I'm getting the following error: Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on <servername>. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID 3123) Unable to update shares or share permissions. (ID 3050) I've seen that turning off end-user recovery will clear this warning, however, I've been told that I need to keep it on. Can someone point me in the right direction to see why this is happening? Event viewer's DPM alerts has the follo...

Items not saving in Sent Mail folder / Public Activities
This one has a few moving pieces to it, so I will try to explain as best I can: Server: SBS 2003 w/ Exchange configured. Users: 12 Our client switched earlier this year from Goldmine to Exchange on SBS 2K3 in order to take advantage of the integration between Blackberry Enterprise Server and Exchange (not available for Goldmine.) Functionally, they liked much of what Goldmine offered, especially Shared Contacts and client communication history. In Exchange, shared contacts is a breeze, but keeping track of communication for shared contacts was a bit more involved. What we've d...

Printing from Word v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just upgraded my computer from a PowerBook G4 to a MacMini (Intel based w/Snow Leopard). I had the store I bought the Mac from (authorized Mac folks) migrate my user data to the new computer. This included migrating my vX suite that included Word. Here's the problem: <br><br>Most of my documents from Word will not print - when I hit print, the printer (HP Office Jet Pro L7700) spits out a blank page. I've found one document, however, that will print - but I can't figure out what'...

Reorder with parent/child items
I have some items I order by the case, but sell per each. I have these set up as parent and child items and selling works great. The problem comes when ordering. I would like to order a new case when I have about 12 items left, but I can't figure out a way to do that. Is there a feature I'm missing that says when child item reaches a quantity of 12 to order a parent item? The only other thing I can come up with is when the parent item reaches 0 to order another, but that's a LOT more than I need or can keep on my shelves. As you're figuring out Parent/Chi...

Complicated Formula to Distinguish, weather the License is Valid o
I am working on a Huge Date requested by the Management, but I stopped working due to the data requested is hard to finalized it. It really need a Genius to create a formulas; It’s more than one formulas, but I am sure that you can create it. You’re much better than me, and thank you in advance; Let’s say for Example; .. A B C D 1 Mr. MMM 01/01/2010 01/01/2011 ????? in Column (A), The employee Name in Column (B), The Driving license issue Date ...

How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ?
How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ? My Inbox is updating but my sent items on IMAP Server are not updating, any idea please ? My Root Folder Path in IMAP E-Mail Settings is Blank. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Item Code(productnumber) in Opportunity Product Associated View
Does anyone know how to display the Product -ItemCode in The Opportunity Product Associated View. Any help is highly appreciated. Hi Sarah, MSCRM has a restriction that you can only show fields from the Opportunity Product entity in this particular View - so cannot show fields from the Opportunity Product's associated Product record. However, you can work around this by adding a new field on the Opportunity Product entity for the Product No and then creating new Workflow Rule which fires upon the creation of an Opportunity Product record. The Workflow Rule can then update the val...

Taking w/sheets out of a workbook
I have a workbook w/ sheets and need to get them out of the w/book and into a file. I have tried to move/copy and also just copying the sheet. Any ideas? On 5/18/2010 12:56 PM, gail wrote: > I have a workbook w/ sheets and need to get them out of the w/book and into a > file. > I have tried to move/copy > and also just copying the sheet. > Any ideas? You can easily select/copy/paste a worksheet to a new Excel workbook, then go back and delete the sheet in the original workbook. Bill A file is a workbook. Do you want to copy/move all sheets out a workbo...

CListCtrl::HitTest reports Items under header bar
Hi! When I do a HitTest() from within OnDragOver() there are several things that make no sense. 1) When I drag a file over the column headers in LVS_REPORT style, HitTest() reports real list items that are hidden under the header bar, rather than -1. When the list is scrolled to the top, it reports Item 0 as being under the header making its hit area twice as big as other items. 2) When I return DROPEFFECT_NONE from OnDragOver() I get the copy plus sign. OH! I found this one, I had DragAcceptFiles(TRUE) in OnCreate(). So, This one is fixed by removing it. (Left here for other readers.) ...

Changing Item Currency Decimal
What is the condition to change Item Currency Decimal point? I received message saying that system is unable to update items decimal point in Purchase Order Processing when I tried to change it. Must all posted Receiving Transactions be invoiced in order to do this? I confirm that all ordered items are received. Any help is highly appreciated. TIA, Sugih Sugih, Changing decimal places is always a touchy subject. In order for you to successfully change the currency decimal, there cannot be any open transactions for the time (POP, SOP, and Inventory). You may also want to do a reconcil...