DPM2010 recovery scheme of VM (Hyper-V R2)

hi, i want to implement the following scheme giving birth to my current
architecture;

I have two physical sites (Site1 and Site2) joined by a link of 10Mbps. I am
currently doing backup of the VM is a scheme that are Hyper-V cluster with
CSV.

What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V
server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed.

This is possible because I do not see how to do it from the console of
DPM2010.

Or if or if I have to install another DPM
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795680.aspx)

thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you elaborate a little more on this point..

> What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V
> server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed.

Thanks,
--Angad.

--
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"ALEJO [ARG]" <ALEJOARG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i want to implement the following scheme giving birth to my current
> architecture;
>
> I have two physical sites (Site1 and Site2) joined by a link of 10Mbps. I
> am
> currently doing backup of the VM is a scheme that are Hyper-V cluster with
> CSV.
>
> What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V
> server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed.
>
> This is possible because I do not see how to do it from the console of
> DPM2010.
>
> Or if or if I have to install another DPM
> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795680.aspx)
>
> thanks in advance.

0
Angad
5/31/2010 5:20:37 AM
I have a server with DPM2010 running on a virtual, which is within a cluster
hpyer-V with Windows 2008 R2. I want to do is recover the other virtual
server located elsewhere. This server is windows 2008 with hyper-v worked.
everything is in the same Active Directory domain.
Thank you.

"Angad Pal Singh [MSFT]" <ansingh@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can you elaborate a little more on this point..
>

>> What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V
>> server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed.
>
> Thanks,
> --Angad.
>
> --
> This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
> "ALEJO [ARG]" <ALEJOARG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi, i want to implement the following scheme giving birth to my current
>> architecture;
>>
>> I have two physical sites (Site1 and Site2) joined by a link of 10Mbps. I
>> am
>> currently doing backup of the VM is a scheme that are Hyper-V cluster
>> with
>> CSV.
>>
>> What I want is to recover the virtual DPM2010 another backup with Hyper-V
>> server that is in the Site2 that has the agent installed.
>>
>> This is possible because I do not see how to do it from the console of
>> DPM2010.
>>
>> Or if or if I have to install another DPM
>> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795680.aspx)
>>
>> thanks in advance.

0
ALEJO

Recovery storage group help
Hi Please can somebody help me, i am running exchange 2003 sp1 on a win2003 sp1 platform. I have a backup of my information store, i have created a recovery storage group and selected the databasebut when i try to restore to the group it constantly fails i get no error message and there is nothing in event viewer under applications, this is purly for test purposes and the database i am trying to recover is in the first administratives group. Any Idears -- John there has to be some error somewhere...so you added the store you wanted to recover to the RSG...then you start your restore, a...

DPM 2010 BETA / Hyper-V Recovery Points Hang
I have setup serialized backups of 12 Hyper-V VMs on Cluster Shared Volumes. The replica creation completed fine backing up 1 VM per LUN. This seems to be working. The issue arrises when the replica goes to create an Express Full Backup. They are scheduled for 10PM every night and when I come into work each morning the very first machine is still being backed up. They seem to hang at random MB transferred points. The CSV is still in redirected mode as well, which is not good for business hours. If I cancel and run a manual consistency check then I can usually get them ...

Outlook wont send emails hypered to from the net...
[bump post] No. I installed the Google Bar recently which does have one, but it isnt in use. I was having this problem beforehand anyway. (Google bar = 1 day old, Problem = since I got the PC). Amb "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:OPXxDqeuDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > are you using a popup stopper? > > -- > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ > > S...

Batch Recovery #4
All, One our great plain users get the following error in batch recovery when they check the batch and hit continue: "you have not marked any batches for posting?" I orginally thought it might be a privilage issue but it doesn't appear to be since others with the same privilages do not experiance the issue. Any help would be appriciated. Jamal Jamal, the problem is that the batch is not responding. I recommend you review knowledgebase article: 865968 as there are three possible solutions. Hope this helps, rc "Jamal" wrote: > All, > > One o...

Excel 97 = v?
I have a really dumb question...what is the version number of excel in office 97? 8 http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/ -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "junie" <ihildebrandt@mednet.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:03d801c38d04$235e3cf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a ...

Compatibility with DPM2007 SP1 on a virtual server (cluster on Hyper-v) reports that
hello, when I try to install the agent informs me that in all the servers I want to do it. w2008 and therefore 2008r2 Could not IDENTIFY DPM server1.dom.corp if computer is clustered. (ID 405) I can not find the resolution yet. probe by activating the corresponding firewall ports. but I found this, but I'm not sure it is; Two Nodes Windows 2008 R2 Ent with Hyper-v cluster and CSV. regards ale. DPM 2007 SP1 don't support hyper-V CSV cluster backup. If you just want to pass through the agent installation please try installing agent manually by following the steps pr...

MM 2001 repeating after backup recovery
Can anyone help...we upgraded to windows XP. In doing so we lost our MM 2001 information for 2 years. It just keeps repeating the information over and over after a certain point. What's happening. -- Volleymom ...

Auto color scheme is in an Excel chart
I am looking to find what the auto color scheme is in an Excel chart. Basically, when you select a range of data for a chart it automatically selects a color for each line in a line graph. I, for the sake of formatting and conditional formatting, need to know what that order is for the first 40 colors. I am currently using Excel 2003. Thank you. You could make a chart with 40 series, and see what you've got. I guess what you want, though, is the color index values for the colors. If you go to Tools menu > Options > Color, you see the palette, with a couple rows at the bottom ...

SSRS 2008 (R2) with SQL 2005?
Hi, Can anyone please confirm that I can run Reporting Services 2008 or 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2005? Would it be possible to install say SSRS 2008 and 2005 on one SQL 2005 server? I assume I will need SQL 2005 SP2 or later? Thank you for your answers. -- MCP, EPM consultant Zurich, Switzerland ...

pivot table data v detail
I would love to know the difference between the data area and the detail area in a pivot table in Access 2003. Excel doesn't have both of these fields and I cannot find any help references for Access 2003. Thanks! ...

Exmerge & Recovery
Here's my situation that I need to resolve: I had a server that died about 2 months ago, in which I had data recovered from the hard drive. There is 30 days of data I need to migrate into the server that is currently running. I guesing that exmerge is the way to extract the data and migrate it over to the new server. My question: What is the best way to setup a server with the recovered data. Since the recovered data server has the same name as the existing server name. How do I bring up the recovered data server so that I can access it with exmerge? Thanks, Sean, You did ...

Scheduling Hyper-V Snapshots 2008 R2
Hello, In 2008 R2 is there a way to schedule snapshots in the GUI without having to write a script? I figure it must be there but for some reason I'm not seeing it. Hi Boe, sorry but this is not directly possible via Hyper-V GUI. You need to use powershell here. The command-lets for powershell can be downloaded at codeplex -> Hyper-V PS Library -> http://pshyperv.codeplex.com/Wikipage These commands are snapshot relevant : Get-VMSnapshot - Returns SnapShots for one or more VM(s) Get-VMSnapshotTree - Displays all the Snapshots of a VM in a tree view Selec...

Recovery of Word docx files
Hello I am not sure if this belongs here or in the MS Discussion Groups under Windows. But, since I am talking about a specific file type, and MS pros monitor these forums, I thought I would try this one first. I had three MS Word 2007 docx files on my hard drive. I deleted them and emptied the trash. I immediately used some File Recovery programs to try to recover them. The programs were unable to find them. That seems very strange to me. Is it possibly because they are docx files? (Please - I am not trying lay blame. I am trying to understand what is happening.) The pr...

DPM2010
Got a DPM2010 server and trying to protect my sql server with 4 instances. 3 Instances will get protected. One instance gives the following messages and isn't visible in the modifying or creating a protection group. Messages are listed below. Anyone have experience with this issue? DPM could not enumerate application component MER1-SRV025\SCCM\master on protected computer mer1-srv025.zorg.local. (ID: 964) DPM could not enumerate application component MER1-SRV025\SCCM\model on protected computer mer1-srv025.zorg.local. (ID: 964) DPM could not enumerate application compone...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #3
If you have 2 exchange servers in a domain and both information stores are held in iscsi luns on a NAS and 1 of the exchange servers dies (for whatever reason). Could you then attach the information store from the failed filer to the remaining exchange server and mount the information store, and if this was done would AD re-home the mailbox's to the new exchange server with the mounted information store from the failed exchange server ? ...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #4
We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Individual mailbox backup was taking way too long so now I'm just backing up the malibox store. I am aware that if I want to restore (1) users mailbox I would have to restore the whole store...can I resstore to a different mailbox store on the same Exchange server for disaster recovery or do I need another Exchange server? If I can, what are the procedures for doing so? Kind Regards, Ali On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:31:38 -0400, "obgyn" <obgyn@comunities.nospam.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Ind...

Prevent Purge of Deleted Item Recovery
Is there any way to prevent users from purging their deleted item recovery? no, there is not...not that I know of...if you have a need to ensure everything is kept/copied, look into Journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6554DEA2-79D8-45D6-AA6C-CB861E751F92@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to prevent users from purging their deleted item recovery? The only option I am aware of is explained in this post. It entails disabling "Recover Deleted Items" completely, which may not be what you want...

ASR recovery fails
Hi. We are preparing a new server and are now testing ASR backup/recovery. The ASR backup is running fine. We are backing up to a USB drive with enough capacity and everything seems fine. When trying to test the backup and recover Windows Server 2003 R2 SD, we boot up on the CD, press f6 and then f2 to specify that we wish to load a SAS driver for the disk controller and then run a ASR recovery. Windows asks for the diskettes and loads a lot of stuff from the cd, but when windows asks for the ASR diskette the second time and actually tries to load the information for the AS...

Recovery deleted public folder
How I can restore deleted public folder on Exchange 5.5 SP4 ? Do you have a good backup? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840228 "Artur" <artur@avokada.lt> wrote in message news:%23xFGKcStEHA.2864@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How I can restore deleted public folder on Exchange 5.5 SP4 ? > if you have Deleted Items Retention configured, you should be able to recover it in Outlook, via "Recover deleted items"...if you do not have Deleted Items Retention configured, you will have to restore it from backup... "Artur" <art...

Publisher v 2.0
I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open them with Publisher 2003 etc? You should be able to open them... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c4e5f5$c7f92a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would > like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open > them with Publisher 2003 etc? >-----Original Message----- >...

Hyper-Threading Technology for XP with Excel 2000
Attention to: Microsoft Expert My computer setting is Dual-XEON 2.66, 1GB RAM with Windows XP Professional. Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled, therefore, I am able to see four logical Processors. However, when I open single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 25% of CPU and 130MB RAM on computing resources. If I disable Hyper- Threading Technology, then it displays only 2 CPU processors only, and I try to run the same single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 50% of CPU, of course, the speed of calculation is faster. Could you tell me why Hype...

Disaster recovery
Hi We have an disaster that maybe is going to result in completely recovering several servers. The servers is windows 2003/2008 file and SQL servers, dc, applications servers. The server are backed up with dpm 2007 sp1 and on the protected computers is system stat, the partitions and the SQL databases (if it is any) backed up. I have not found any step by step instructions. Is this the steps to go? 1. First I must install OS, shall de servers have the same name? Can I connect it then to the DPM server and restore data? Is the protection group recognize the new server bu...

Format with Recovery console
Hi when using recovery console what do I type to format the C drive to the NTFS file system? thanks Daniel Assuming you are accessing the console via a winxp cd, why not delete & format using the tools provided? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058 "Daniel" <Noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNO$3DG3KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > when using recovery console what do I type to format the C drive to the > NTFS file system? > > thanks > > Daniel "Daniel" <Noone@nowhere.com> w...

recovery storage group #9
hi, we did a cluster-upgrade from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 (3 nodes active/active/passiv - native mode). we try to setup a recovery storage group on one of the virtual servers -> error: "This server already contains the maximum number of recovery storage groups allowed. - ID no: c1034961 - Exchange System Manager". we don't have any rsg at all. when we try to create a rsg on the front-end-server - it works without any problem. Thanks in advance Rainer ...

Recovery Acer Travelmate 5510
Hi! I had this notebook and win vista installed. I have installed now win 7. Recovery partition (pqrecovery) is the first partition. Second partition is system, third partition is win 7. Previous to this configuration when win vista was installed first partition pqrecovery, second was "C" windows vista and third was D for data. Now i want recovery to initial state with windows vista pressing ALT+F10 during boot but it's impossible. I don't have any cd to recovery. Any one knows how i can solve this ? Thanks. ...