DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

We have recently upraded our 2007 SP1 Primary DPM server to 2010 RC and it is
working perfectly.

I've set up a brand new, fresh Windows 2008 R2 Server for the secondary
server, and have told it to protect one of the protection groups on the
primary server.

Everything works for a little while, but every half hour or so, the DPM
service crashes and says:

"Connection to the DPM service has been lost.

Review the application event log for information about a possible service
shutdown.

ID: 917"

Then asks to restart the administrator console.  This kills the ongoing
syncs and causes them to error out, so we can actually get protection going
for our primary server to this secondary one.

I have tried wiping the computer and installing everything again from
scratch, but still get the exact same problem.

I'm getting these errors in the application log at the time of failure:

Source:  MSDPM
Event ID:  943

"The description for Event ID 943 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either
the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer
or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on
the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to
be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to connect to the DPM database because the database is in an
inconsistent state.

Problem Details:
<FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>139</Seq><TimeCreated>23/02/2010
5:04:15
AM</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>160</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>DBCorruptionException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>Couldn't
access DataSourceInfo '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000' in the
database</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.DBCorruptionException:
Couldn't access DataSourceInfo '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000' in the
database
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.Catalog.IntegrityCheck(Boolean
condition, String message)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.DataSourceInfo.GetDataSourceInfo(SqlContext ctx, Guid datasourceIdLocal)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.PrmCatalog.RecatalogDataset(Guid
taskId, DbContext dbContext, DataSourceVolumeMappingXmlType datasetXml,
DataSourceInfo dsConfigInfo, Guid datasetId, Guid datasourceId, Replica
replica, VolumeInfo replicaVolumeInfo, BackupTypeType backupType, Guid verbId)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.PrmCatalog.RecatalogReplicaDatasets(Guid taskId, Guid datasourceId, Guid verbId)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.RAPostBackupBlock.RecatalogReplicaDatasets(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.Fsm.ConnectionPoint.Execute(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.Fsm.Engine.ChangeState(Message msg)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.TaskInstance.Process(Object dummy)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object taskThreadContextObj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
string/message table

This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
database with all default options.

Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.
-1

    Thanks for reporting this Caillin, can you please pass me the logs
present at:%DPMINSTALLDIR%\temp\*crash* files along with DPM database backup
to praveend at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Caillin" <Caillin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> dummy)
>   at
> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
> taskThreadContextObj)
>   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>   at
> System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
> tpWaitCallBack)
>   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
> state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
>

> the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
> string/message table
>

> This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
> database with all default options.
>
> Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

Praveen
2/23/2010 7:05:34 AM
Logs and DB sent Praveen.

Thanks for your help.

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> > dummy)
> >   at
> > Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
> > taskThreadContextObj)
> >   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> >   at
> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
> > tpWaitCallBack)
> >   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
> > state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
> >

> > the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
> > string/message table
> >

> > This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
> > database with all default options.
> >
> > Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

Hi Caillin,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have identified it as a product bug.

You have protected a SharePoint farm on the primary DPM server. But you have
configured protection for the content DBs individually on the secondary DPM
server. That is causing the crash. To get out of this situation, here is
what you need to do:
i.  stop protection of all the content DBs on secondary DPM with delete
data.
ii. protect the whole farm on secondary DPM
     a. expand the primary DPM in the 'Create protection group' wizard
     b. expand the SharePoint Front End server listed under the primary DPM
     c. select the SharePoint farm for protection and complete the wizard

This should resolve the issue.

--
Thanks
Vinay Tibrewal

> [...]
>> >   at
>> > Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.FsmThreadFunction.Function(Object
>> > taskThreadContextObj)
>> >   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
>> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>> >   at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback
>> > tpWaitCallBack)
>> >   at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
>> > state)</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>
>> >

>> > the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
>> > string/message table
>> >

>> > This is using completely factory settings using the built in 2008 SQL
>> > database with all default options.
>> >
>> > Hopefully someone could help shed some light on this problem.

0
Vinay

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Secondary axes issues
I have the following sample data.... COL-1 COL-2 Month Cumulative Revenue (Without help) Jan-09 2.20 Feb-09 5.36 Mar-09 10.28 COL-3 COL-4 Dates Cumulative Revenue (With Help) Mar-25 0.20 Mar-28 1.50 Mar-31 2.50 Apr-2 3.25 Apr-5 4.65 I want to show ONE CHART where the revenue trend with help has been better than the months without help I tried using COL-1, COL...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...