DPM2010 not showing exchange within a SBS2003 server

I have just installed the 2010 RC Server and pushed out the agent to a
SBS2003 SP2 windows server.
When I browse the folders of the SBS server to create a Protection group I
can't see the Exchange or Sharepoint folders, I can however see SQL folders.

If I then click on either the Sharepoint or Exchange sql database I get this
message
One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing.
Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on
saturn.profileltd.local and/or all nodes in the cluster:

Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Knowledge Base article 940349
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034)
         - OR -
Windows Server 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128812)
SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=78836)

Even though I am on SP2 I have einstalled the HF and I'm still gettting the
error.

Any ideas?

HOTFIX: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034 is applicable to
Windows Server 2003 SP2 as well.

From the above URL:

Prerequisites
To apply this hotfix, your computer must be running one of the following
operating systems:
An x86-based version of Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or an
x86-based version of Windows Server 2003 with SP2
An Itanium-based version of Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or an Itanium-based
version of Windows Server 2003 with SP2
An x64-based version of Windows XP or an x64-based version of Windows Server
2003 with or without SP2

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"John230873" <John230873@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just installed the 2010 RC Server and pushed out the agent to a
> SBS2003 SP2 windows server.
> When I browse the folders of the SBS server to create a Protection group I
> can't see the Exchange or Sharepoint folders, I can however see SQL
> folders.
>
> If I then click on either the Sharepoint or Exchange sql database I get
> this
> message
> One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing.
> Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on
> saturn.profileltd.local and/or all nodes in the cluster:
>
> Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Knowledge Base article 940349
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034)
>         - OR -
> Windows Server 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128812)
> SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=78836)
>

> Even though I am on SP2 I have einstalled the HF and I'm still gettting
> the
> error.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Praveen
4/20/2010 12:26:00 PM
By default Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 writer is turned off  for Volume
Shadow Copy service on Windows SBS. The writer must be turned on to protect
Exchange data using DPM.

For more details about the issue, refer KB article "How to
turn on the Exchange writer for the Volume Shadow Copy service in Windows
Small Business Server 2003" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=77040).

--
Thanks,
Nagesh

"Praveen D [MSFT]" <praveend@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> HOTFIX: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034 is applicable to
> Windows Server 2003 SP2 as well.
>
> From the above URL:
>
> Prerequisites
> To apply this hotfix, your computer must be running one of the following
> operating systems:
> An x86-based version of Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or
> an x86-based version of Windows Server 2003 with SP2
> An Itanium-based version of Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or an
> Itanium-based version of Windows Server 2003 with SP2
> An x64-based version of Windows XP or an x64-based version of Windows
> Server 2003 with or without SP2
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
> rights.
>
> "John230873" <John230873@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have just installed the 2010 RC Server and pushed out the agent to a
>> SBS2003 SP2 windows server.
>> When I browse the folders of the SBS server to create a Protection group
>> can't see the Exchange or Sharepoint folders, I can however see SQL
>> folders.
>>
>> If I then click on either the Sharepoint or Exchange sql database I get
>> this
>> message
>> One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing.
>> Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on
>> saturn.profileltd.local and/or all nodes in the cluster:
>>
>> Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Knowledge Base article 940349
>> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99034)
>>         - OR -
>> Windows Server 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128812)
>> SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
>> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=78836)
>>

>> Even though I am on SP2 I have einstalled the HF and I'm still gettting
>> the
>> error.
>>
>> Any ideas?

0
Nagesh

Count fields and show names
Hello all, I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 fields (cells-HIP, WAIST, ARM, LEGS, HEAD) each with a value of 1 or 0 (True or False) I need a formua to count the 5 fields and if there are 3/5 that are 1 (True) then fill a new cell (Total) with 1(True), if there are less than 3 fields, then False (0). But would it also be possible to show which fields, along with the value of 1 or 0, were true and which were false? For example, 3/5 fields--->True False HIP, WAIST, HEAD ARMS, LEGS Thanks a million for you time! Hi slagg - the first part is simple in the tot...

Understanding complex IF Formula within IF formula
I do not know what this formula is doing can you help? =IF(LEFT(QBCash!$B2,5)="Total","",IF(ISBLANK(QBCash!$B2),$A1,QBCash!$B2)) Thanks for your help. DP Hi, The formula is looking at a worksheet called QBCash Breaking the formula down =IF(LEFT(QBCash!$B2,5)="Total","", 1. It looks at the contents of B2 and if the word 'Total' are the first 5 letters of the cell the formula return a null string IF(ISBLANK(QBCash!$B2),$A1, 2. If that isn't TRUE it then checks if B2 is blank and if it is it returns the value of...

Disk space on the exchange
I have a 12GB disk space on my data directory on my exchange. My private edb file is now 9.7 GB. I had my all my user to reduce their mailboxes but I still have not seem a decrease in that .edb file. I have ran the edbutil function to compact the database, still nothing. If someone could give me some suggestion to free up some disk space, it would be very helpful. Thanks You need to do an offline defrag. Just go to google and do a search for: Exchange offline defrag Matt "jlassiter" <jlassiter@nngov.com> wrote in message news:1140a01c3f4bb$8ef15c30$a401280a@phx....

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

Weeknum Within a Range
We are trying to get the number of rows in a range that are in the same week as a date. The date is in A1 below. The attempted formula is below. We did use "CTL + SHIFT+ENTER" to create the array. The data is in the area labeled "DATA!D3:D19". Is this the wrong approach? A1 = 2/21/2010 A2 #VALUE! Formula in A2 {=SUM((WEEKNUM(DATA!D3:D19, 2)=WEEKNUM(A1, 2))*1)} DATA!D3:D19 --------------------------- 3/18/2010 3:19 PM 2/25/2010 3:14 PM 2/26/2010 3:06 PM 3/18/2010 2:53 PM 3/18/2010 2:48 PM 3/18/2010 8:32 AM 2/19/2010 2:12 PM 3/17/2010 2:07 PM 3/17/20...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

Exchange Disaster recovery Group
Hi, Have successfully been to restore a mailbox using the Exchange Disaster Recovery Group. Have dismounted the database, can I now delete the database from the RSG and all the associated files from the folder on the drive? Thanks, Abhi Yes. If you are done with the Recovery Storage Group, simply dismount the database, then delete the database and Recovery Storage Group from System Manager, and delete the associated files on your drive. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Abhi" &...

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

how to format cells so that it only shows thousands.
howdy, i want to format cells so that number like 1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 how can i do this other than divide by 10. i just want to use the format number feature. thanks kev : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the custom format 0, or use 0,0, >-----Original Message----- >howdy, > > >i want to format cells so that > >number like > >1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 > > >how can i do this other than divide by 10. > >i just want to use the format number feature. > > >thanks > >kev :) > > >--- >Mess...

IMAP access from MAC's to Exchange 2000
Guys a question for you re IMAP. We have a server (Exchange 2000 sp3 August 2004 Post SP3 Roll-UP with mirrored 36.gb disks and 2Gb of ram) in our org in a site with around local 30-40 clients. About 5-10 of these are Mac's. When the mac clients access their email (via IMAP using mail.app) the server performance falls through the floor. If the Mac's access their mail any other way all appears to be fine. I am in the process of trying Entourage 2004 on their machines but as this is a pay for client they are reluctant to spend the cash when they have a free mail client built into...

Adding a new company to exsiting Exchange Server
I have an exsiting domain and our company just purchased another company and we are moving them to our location and we want to add their users to our exchange server. I have went to the website msexchange.org and followed the Shared hosting with exchange part 1. 1 I dont have ADSI Edit tool and we planned on them joining our domain, is this going to be a probblem? 2. When adding users to the new OU it defaults to our domain email and not the new company email what did I miss? Thank you for your time on this manner. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:19:04 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.micro...

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

Sharepoint and Exchange
Has anyone successfully set up Sharepoint services on a box with Exchange 2003 (without breaking OWA, OMA, etc)? I had some major problems as you will see here: http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?postid=212 I know I *should* be using either SBS or a separate server; however neither option works well for me; this is basically a test environment. I do find it irritating that the Sharepoint doesn't have an install option that is less intrusive. The install options are either "take over IIS on this machine" or "server farm". I don't want a server farm. I know there ...

Entourage / Exchange Server
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3227010817_5020178 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I work out of a small office (4 Mac computers total) and we all have Entourage/Office 2004. If we install an exchange server, can we set up Entourage so that each person is able to access each other�s calendar�s and contacts. So for instance, if I need to add an item on to someone�s calendar, I can just open it up and check. --B_3227010817...

Updating Exchange admin tools with SP1 on XP
I have the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools installed on my XP workstation and have been using them to manage Exchange without any problems. After updating the server with Exchange 2003 SP1, I tried to update the the System Management tools on the workstation. When I do this, it wants to update Messaging Services as well as the admin tools, even though Messaging isn't and can't be installed on the XP workstation. I can't select just the System Tools for update since you have to select the parent. But as soon as I select update (the only option) for the parent, it complains it...

Manage 5.5 from Win2k3 server
Hello Someone have an idea on how I can install the MMC snap-in on a win2k3 server (Workstation/Test Environment) that will allow me to manage my 5.5 server? I don't want to extend the schema or anything like that I just want to manage Exchange 5.5. I have the Exchange 2003 cd but we aren't going to do the upgrade until mid summer Thank Paul You would run the setup of E2K3 and do a custom install, selecting the Exchange 5.5 system tools along with the E2K3 tools. However, this is going to install the same tools you already have with your 5.5 CD. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

NTBackup Exchange Problem
When run NTBackup on the Exchange server, the NTBackup error message said: "the server is not a Microsoft Exchange mail server or Exchange services is not start" At this time we can run NTBackup from another Exchange Server and backup data for the one that have the problems. The TechNet suggested to replaced the required files: NTBackup.exe, Edbbcli.dll, Edbback.dll and Msvcrt40.dll files into ...-Root\System32\. After replaced the required files, we still have the same problems. Anyone have any ideal we could tried??? Thanks CDJM wrote: > When run NTBackup on the E...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Symbols
What is the best way to install the symbols for E2K3-SP2? ...

exchange enterprise storage limit
I heard that there is an unlimited storage limit for exchange enterprise 2003. Is this true? If so, can I "Actually" have an exchange message store 60 gb or more? Would there be any performance issues? TIA, Jackson Correct, unlimited database size. FYI: Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 will increase the database limit to 74GB from 16GB. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jackson" <jackson_num5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uDVHikUnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I heard that there is an...

DPM 2007
Hello I am trying to enable secondary protection of my primary DPM server (Both Win 2008 R2). However when I go though the agent install process on the secondary DPM server I receive the following error. "Unable to connect to the active directory service database" "Make sure that the DPM server is member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the dpm server and the domain controller" "ID72" "Details the server is not operational (0x8007203A)" I have had problem...

backing up exchange
I use the backup included with win2000 server, running exchange 2000. I select the exchange server and message stores. Whats the best way to test and make sure individual mailboxes are being backed up? Are there any permissions issues to access those mailboxes to be backed up? Thanks in advance if you're doing online backups, you are not backing up individual mailboxes, but the entire store/s...only way to ensure the backups are valid is to build a recovery server, and do a test restore... "Robrjt2" <robrjt2@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916150235.22932.00000551...

exchange crm router rules cleaning tool
Hi, I'm working with one server where is installed Exchange, AD, and Exchange CRM Router, and another with CRM3.0. So I uninstalled the Exchange CRM router without deleting the deployed rules. I installed the crm router again but when some users sent emails one email is returned indicating that the message could not be delivered to the past router's mailbox. I need to know if it's a tool to delete all the past rules or a way to clean them manually. Hi there You should be able to roolback the Rule - with the Exchagne CRM router tab, If you dont you can delete the rule eith...

Building a new Exchange 2003 server
Hi I am currently in the planning stage of adding a second Exchange Server 2003 to my domain. I currently have 1 x Exchange 2003 server, 2 x DC Win Server 2000. What we need to do is to build a new server with Win 2003 install Exchange 2003, make this the primary Exchange server, then the original server will become the back up Exchange server which I intend to keep synchronised using EMC replistor produce. Can someone please advise on best practices, any gotchas and any reccommended reading before we undertake this project. As an aside we are also planning to upgrade the domain controllers ...

Sql server locking/blocking issue
hi guys, I have a procedure to delete old records by id (clustered index) from the a big table (delete about 150k records at a time comparing to 30 M total in the table) and at the same time, some procedures will insert or update data in this table by id as well. When I did the tests, I found the first procedure is blocking all other insert/update procedures. The locks of the first procedure has is the PAGE exclusive lock. Those update/insert procedures will only work on the newer ids. I don't know why this block can happen. Could anyone here help me explain a little bit? R...