DPM2010 - Is there a way to see what files a client is syncing from day to day?

I have 10 clients in a protection group, and after the first sync very
little gets pushed daily, about 10MB-50MB on each sync on average. I have 1
client that is pushing over 1Gb on each sync with a total of only 10GBs
pushed on the first sync. I'd like to be able to tell somehow why so much is
getting pushed on each sync as these laptops sometime are on VPN connections
and there is no way that much data could get transferred each day. What
would be the best way to go about figuring this out.

hi Kelly

 DPM Agent transfers only the files that have got changed(changed blocks) &
any new files created in the protected folders.  We don't save the list of
files that are getting backed up in each sync.  You should try to see what
folders protected by you got changed using tool like windows explorer,
filter by last changed time to get a rough idea of what changed since last
backup.

thanks
Venkat.
______________________________

<C.Kelly@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> I have 10 clients in a protection group, and after the first sync very
> little gets pushed daily, about 10MB-50MB on each sync on average. I have
> 1 client that is pushing over 1Gb on each sync with a total of only 10GBs
> pushed on the first sync. I'd like to be able to tell somehow why so much
> is getting pushed on each sync as these laptops sometime are on VPN
> connections and there is no way that much data could get transferred each
> day. What would be the best way to go about figuring this out.

0
vrmurthy

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

.mdi Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have some .mdi files (generated at work with some lab software). They seem to open okay on my work PC. Is there any way that I can get Office 2008 and a MAC to recognize / open these? No, .mdi is a Windows-only format exclusive to the Microsoft Document Imaging program... Even other Windows apps can't read or create them. If you can get them into a Windows box open them in MDI & then Save As TIFF to get a format that can be opened by graphics apps or inserted into other documents as a picture. TIFF files are ...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

File password override
I'm trying to restore a backup file. Money is asking for a file password. I enter the password that is appropriate for the Passport account used to lock the file, but Money will not accept that. I wonder if this file has a seperate file password and if so, I have no memory of what it may have been. Is there some way to reset it? Is there some other way in to this file? Thanks Though I sympathize with your problem, I certainly hope there's no back door. If there is, I'm going back to paper records. I shudder to think that a hacker could conceivably get an older backup file an...

Active sync failure
Active sync Locks up everytime I Try tosync my PPC2002 HP568 Hard reset device and still no help. It locks up on a single contact. Is their a Repair tool for Contacts? Your best bet is to completely uninstall active sync and reload the newest version (free from the microsoft website). Disconnect your sync cable from the computer before reloading the software. Do a hard reset on your device and then plug in the sync cable with device attached. Windows should find the "new hardware" and let it do it's thing. Hope this helps. doug >-----Original Message----- >A...

I deleted a tab in OneNote, is there some way to get it back?!
I'm using Microsoft Office OneNote 2007. I had a tab that I wanted to delete, but I accidently deleted the wrong one! I didn't notice until several minutes later after messing around in O.N. some more. After I freaked out, I click the undo button. A lot. But eventually the button went gray and wouldn't let me undo any more things. And still* didn't get my tab back. Is there some way to get it back?! Pleassseeeee help! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Essential ASP.NET With Examples in C# http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8f709566-1d04-...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

Cannot see Mailbox Store
I recently modified security settings in Exchange 2K3 Mailbox store and now I cannot see the Mailbox Store. the accounts I modified were my personal account as well as the everyone group. I can see in Exchange System Manager that my personal account still has full control and is set to propagate to child folders. But still no visual on the Mailbox Store. Any ideas as how I correct this? Thanks for your efforts. ...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

Can I access the previous version of a saved file?
I overwrote an excel file by mistake, using the save as command to an incorrect file. Is there any way to recover the previous file before I "saved as" over it? Hi! I'm using Excel 10 (XP)......WinXP....... If I have an existing file and open it, make some changes, then do a SAVE AS and give it a different name, the newly "saved as" file is a completely *NEW* file and the original is still in tact with the previous file name. Try looking for the previous file name. Biff "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CAD1748-1D5C...

how to edit Adobe file
how to edit Adobe file Most certainly not in Word. pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed' files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can not be edited. If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a few simple conversions. There are ...

Can not see Public Folders in OWA after upgrading Front-End Server
We just performed an in-place upgrade of one of our Exchange front-end servers. Everything was upgraded successfully, but now our users are getting the following error when launching OWA and trying to access their folder list as Public Folders are not showing: Microsoft Internet Explorer / An internal server error occurred. If you click OK, it will let you continue working, but you can not access Public Folders. Has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how can we correct it? THANKS! ...

Replicating Formulas between excel files
Hi there, Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between difference excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but to my dismay it makes a reference to the original file. Regards, Nickchups The best procedure depends on how many you're trying to copy. For one or two, you can select the *entire* formula in the formula bar, right click and choose "Copy", then hit <Enter>. Now you can navigate to wherever you wish, and Paste it as many times and/or places you want. For numerous formulas, *unformulate* them by replacing t...

Date + 10 days?
I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. I want to create a field that automatically shows the date the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. I would also like the field to show up in red when the due date is past. =?Utf-8?B?YXJjaDI1Mg==?= <arch252@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9F8D2485-C1BB-41DB-8B94-E5DA949F87C2@microsoft.com: > I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. > I want to create a field that automatically shows the date > the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. >...

move files and prompt user if file already exists in target filepath
I have the following code that moves files between folders. Unfortunately, already existing files get overwritten if the new filename is the same. Is there a way to prompt the user in case the file would already exist and to abort the copy kill operation? here's my code: Private Sub Command9_Click() Dim strNewName As String Dim strOldName As String Dim strtargetfilepath As String strtargetfilepath = DLookup("[Draft to Active]", "filepath") strOldName = Me.Filename strNewName = strtargetfilepath & "\" & Me.Name1 FileCopy strOldName, strNe...

Want to hack the recently used file list max entries
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Would anyone care to offer a hack method to get the recently used file list to show more than 9 entries? No use telling me it can't be changed. I am asking for the &quot;Yes&quot; people to answer. OK, yes... The first thing you need to do is contact Microsoft & ask them for the source code. Seriously, there is no user option other than the setting provided in Preferences. If you want to see a longer list use the 'Recent' page of Project Gallery from the file menu. On its Customize page ...

Best Way to Update the Clock on my Status Bar ?
Hi guys, I added a nice clock to my status bar, right now I'm updating it with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI which is pretty lame. What's the best way to do it ? I'm using VC++ 6.0 (SP5) Take care, Robert You can use a timer to update every so often. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message news:#Li4HvWFFHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > I added a nice clock to my status bar, right now I'm updating it with > ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI which is pretty lame. What's the best way to do it...

Outlook 2007 cannot open .pst file
I just installed Outlook 2007, then moved older outlook pst files successfully into my new Outlook. However, I closed it and then restarted it. It claims that it cannot open the Outlook.pst file anymore. In trouble, need any and all input as to how to fix it; other than completely reinstalling it. I will loose some new email that I downloaded. thank you, -- ravimk http://forums.slipstick.com Which method did you use to reconnect your older pst-files? "Moved it" is not a valid action nor does it describe exactly what you did. The proper way to reconnect...

Excel temp files in network dir
I have users that are accessing a network shares to their excel files. I often see files that are 8 characters long Ex(D8710B20) and without extensions, left over in their dir. I have read MS article 814068 and understand that these are created during the save function; however, i have ruled out permissions and antivirus as the cause. These files consume a lot of network space. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Delete them? "les" <les.becker@ifcosystems.com> wrote in message news:242501c37332$34e6b600$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I have users that are accessing...

XML file extensions
I have a machine with Excel 2003 Pro installed. Whenever I create an XML file in any directory on the hard drive (created from SQL Server Database via Visual Studio) the XML file is automatically converted to an Excel 4.0 Macro file. It is then no longer recognised as an XML file. It would appear that somehow XML files are associated with Excel automatically. Can I turn this off? TIA Rowan Ignore me, I coded the file extension as XLM by mistake - which of course is an Excel 4.0 Macro!!! "Rowan" wrote: > I have a machine with Excel 2003 Pro installed. Whenever I create...

Trying to open a Publisher file from School
At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB > 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Microsoft Home Publishing and Microsoft Publisher are two completely separate, different, and unfortunately similarly-named applications. Their filetypes are incompatible. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have...

Problem in saving Date and $ field in Excel to CSV file
We just copy and paste data from MS Access 2003 to Excel 2003. When we save the Excel as CSV file, we find that the date has been converted to American format. We have checked the Regional Settings and Australia is used. Is there any language setting in Excel ? Moreover, on another machine, we are able to save to non-American date. However, we find that for monetary field, most of them are quoted - Like "$2,000.00" but some are not quoted - like $580.00. Your advice is sought. Thanks Peter ...

Sharing a XL file
I need to share a macro on a network on a read only basis, but when it is opened by anyone I can not write to it. How can I write to it when it is opened by someone? ...