DPM hangs at consistency check after protected server was swapped

Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows
Server2003.
We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the
data.
Manually re-install DPM on the new server.  Remove and recreate protection
group on DPM server.
Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check"
job stucks at 67mb.
There is new volume created in the replica folder in the DPM server. I
manually moved all the files from
old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at
"consistency check" at 74mb.

What did I do wrong and what should I do to fix??  Thanks in advance.

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

request for server licensing clarification
Is this correct about a Windows Server 2008 / 2003 mixed domain with a Windows Server 2008 R2 server with roles DC, AD, TS/RDS, DNS, DHCP?? Only devices that use RDS / Terminal Services in any way (e.g. a Citrix login via Citrix server) need TS/RDS CALs. Within the domain (we have only one domain) all devices that use any of the above-mentioned server roles/services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, etc.) require Server CALs. Hence one might generally have more server device CALs than RDS device CALs?? Thank you... On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:01:01 -0700 (PDT), tom12010 <tlyczko@gmail.com> w...