DPM forces a Consistency Check on data

Hi all,
I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link.

It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete.

can any tell abt this.

thanks in advance

gopal

Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx
0
gopal

Hi Gopal,
    Can you please eloborate on "Everytime there is an issue" - What exact
issue are you facing?

Thanks,
GeethaKrishna

"gopal mukka" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link.
>
> It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete.
>
> can any tell abt this.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> gopal

> Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx
> .

Can you please collect the logs:
DPM: %systemdrive%\program files\microsoft dpm\dpm\*.*log*
PS: %systemdrive%\program files\microsoft data protection manager\dpm\*.*log*
and send it to GeethaS[At]Microsoft[dot]com

Thanks,
GeethaKrishna [MSFT]
* as is provided without any warranties and confers no rights*