DPM Error at Erase Tape

Hi,

When i try erase a tape a get the following error in DPM server: The
detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316)

The tape in Stand Alone Drive Tape Library IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential
Device at Drive IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device has been written to by
some other tape backup application by using an unsupported physical block
size . DPM only supports a physical block size between 1024 bytes and 65536
bytes and hence will not be able to read or overwrite the contents of this
tape. (ID: 24084).

I need help for the solution

Hi Henderson,

I believe you have a stand alone tape drive and not a Library. Also DPM 2007
supports writing to tape with 1K<= block size <=64K.  In your case you will
have to erase the tape outside of DPM.

If that is not possible for you, do let me know your contact email id and I
can share the tool and steps with you for erasing the tape.

--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
> Hi,
>
> When i try erase a tape a get the following error in DPM server: The
> detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316)
>
> The tape in Stand Alone Drive Tape Library IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential
> Device at Drive IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device has been written to
> by
> some other tape backup application by using an unsupported physical block
> size . DPM only supports a physical block size between 1024 bytes and
> 65536
> bytes and hence will not be able to read or overwrite the contents of this
> tape. (ID: 24084).
>
> I need help for the solution

0
Pranay
1/18/2010 9:52:03 AM
Hi, my email is henderson.andrade@invit.com.br. Thanks for help
0
Henderson

C# programs startup with an error dialog box
Hello, I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the OK button the application exits. I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC, it crashes with the same error. I tried to reload the dot Net 2....

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...

Discrepancy with report and x/z tape for weighted items
We sell chocolates by weight at one of our stores and we have found that there is a rounding issue with this item, it processes correctly but at the time of closing the sales amounts on the x/z report do not match, it is usually a penny different but because of this the batch won't integrate to our accounting software (Great Plains). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Error using MOP/POP link
GP v8.0 When attempting to create a purchase order using the MOP/POP link feature, users are occasionally getting a message saying "This transaction is being edited by another user". 1. The user hits "Create PO" from the MOP/POP link screen. 2. The PO Entry screen comes up with a new PO#. 3. User gets message saying "transaction is being edited by another user" You then cannot do anything with the PO, and if you repeat the result is the same. Any ideas? ...

Error message during setup
I bought Microsoft Office Pro 2007. I have the installation disk and product key, but halfway through the installation process it stops and says missing "ProPlusr.WW\Office64WW.msi." I can't find anything on the support site. Any ideas? please reply to bshelson@sympatico.ca Thank you, Bill Did you have a Trial version of Office 2007 Pro Plus installed before. Pro Plus is a VL version. The fact that the installation is looking for the Pro Plus suggests that you had that installed at one time. Your best bet is to uninstall all Office including the Activation Assist...

error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near ","
I get the following error when i try to inherit a interface in a IDL file, error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near "," inside the IDL file i am trying to use a interface like this, interface IVehicle : ICar, IUnknown { }; Any idea why this error is coming? Thanks ...

MSEXCIMC.exe error
Help Microsoft Exchange Internet mail service has stopped and wont restart get this msg MSEXCIMC.exe exception Access Violation (Oxc0000005) address Ox00457d99 MS Exchange 5.5 with sp4 from dr watson log pplication exception occurred: App: exe\MSEXCIMC.dbg (pid=591) When: 5/18/2004 @ 11:18:25.153 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) Any ideas suggestions by email please Thanks Mark It could be a corrupt header, see the article below: 301690 XIMS: Corrupted Message Header Causes Access Violation in Msexcimc.exe http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301690 Than...

Error message regarding updating american express data
When updating my accounts online I receive a message indicating there was an error downloading from american express. It indicates the account may be closed or the number may have changed. Neither is the case, and the update completes and downloads the data from american express correctly. Any suggestions on eliminating the message? AMEX has been having problems for the last two days and I can't even sign on to the AMEX website this morning to THAT get that message today. It appears to be an AMEX problem based on the message on their website yesterday. -- PlsHelpMScan't ...

There has been an error reading or writing the file '.'
I've the Money Deluxe 2004. When I go to the Reports (Account Transations, Payee, ...) it crash and give me that message. How can I resolve? thanks ...

RCPTHOST error 553 in Outlook
I cannot send e-mail when I travel because i get rejected by the Administrator (me) with the message: "Error 553 - sorry that domain is not in my list of RCPTHOSTs' What must I do?? Thanks for your help See reply to your later post in this group. Nick wrote: > I cannot send e-mail when I travel because i get rejected > by the Administrator (me) with the message: > "Error 553 - sorry that domain is not in my list of > RCPTHOSTs' > > What must I do?? > > Thanks for your help ...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....