Source:        ESE
Date:          07/04/2010 08:56:16
Event ID:      482
Task Category: General
Level:         Error
MSExchangeIS (5572) Storage Group 1: An attempt to write to the file
"L:\Storage Group Logs\Storage Group 1\E00.log" at offset 998912
(0x00000000000f3e00) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes failed after 0 seconds with
system error 170 (0x000000aa): "The requested resource is in use. ".  The
write operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02).  If this error
persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a
previous backup.

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="ESE" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">482</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>12949</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>corp0-excmb-001</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>MSExchangeIS</Data>
    <Data>5572</Data>
    <Data>Storage Group 1: </Data>
    <Data>L:\Storage Group Logs\Storage Group 1\E00.log</Data>
    <Data>998912 (0x00000000000f3e00)</Data>
    <Data>512 (0x00000200)</Data>
    <Data>-1022 (0xfffffc02)</Data>
    <Data>170 (0x000000aa)</Data>
    <Data>The requested resource is in use. </Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

What is the time frame for your migration? It would be better to turn off any
kind of backups exactly during migration. Just make sure you have a recovery
point just before migration.
--
Sai Peyyeti [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"DRLJAMES" wrote:

> Good morning,
> Since using DPM 2010RC on our Exchange 2007 environment, am seeing various
> issues.
>
> For example, migrating a mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007...
> after 30 mins this fails (I am syncing every 30 mins from DPM). If I turn DPM
> agent off, this issue goes away. I am seeing something similar while
> protecting SQL too.
>
> The error I see in the exchange event log is id 482
>
> Log Name:      Application
> Source:        ESE
> Date:          07/04/2010 08:56:16
> Event ID:      482
> Task Category: General
> Level:         Error
> MSExchangeIS (5572) Storage Group 1: An attempt to write to the file
> "L:\Storage Group Logs\Storage Group 1\E00.log" at offset 998912
> (0x00000000000f3e00) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes failed after 0 seconds with
> system error 170 (0x000000aa): "The requested resource is in use. ".  The
> write operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02).  If this error
> persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a
> previous backup.
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
>   <System>
>     <Provider Name="ESE" />
>     <EventID Qualifiers="0">482</EventID>
>     <Level>2</Level>
>     <Task>1</Task>
>     <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
>     <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-04-07T07:56:16.000Z" />
>     <EventRecordID>12949</EventRecordID>
>     <Channel>Application</Channel>
>     <Computer>corp0-excmb-001</Computer>
>     <Security />
>   </System>
>   <EventData>
>     <Data>MSExchangeIS</Data>
>     <Data>5572</Data>
>     <Data>Storage Group 1: </Data>
>     <Data>L:\Storage Group Logs\Storage Group 1\E00.log</Data>
>     <Data>998912 (0x00000000000f3e00)</Data>
>     <Data>512 (0x00000200)</Data>
>     <Data>-1022 (0xfffffc02)</Data>
>     <Data>170 (0x000000aa)</Data>
>     <Data>The requested resource is in use. </Data>
>     <Data>0</Data>
>   </EventData>
> </Event>

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Microsoft Exchange Server

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

MS Access 2007 code not running

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Event ID 9097
My Exchange 2003 namespace has become unregistered in Windows Management Instrumentation on the system. Support article 288590 describes my problem exactly. However, the resolution posted in the article does not work for me. I get an error message relating to invalid namespace. Any help would be appreciated. ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...