DPM 2010 RC - DPMRA Fails to start when called

On two test systems the DPRM Service (set to Manual by Default Install) fails
to start when called.

Resolution:
Set to auto start and start the service or Manually start the service.

Expected:
Would expect that calls from the DPM server would succeed in starting the
service.

Any idea what could block a DPM server from starting the Service from the
DPM server? No firewall or antivirus in the test.
--
David

        Please check the DCOM launch/Activation permissions on the protected
server?  You can find it by launching dcomcnfg from an elevated command
prompt-> Click Component Services -> Click Computers -> Click My Computer ->
Click DCOM config -> Right click on DPM RA Service and select Properties ->
Click on Security Tab -> Click on Edit button under Launch and activation
permissions. Under this list DPM-machine-name$ should have all permissions,
otherwise please add it. This should fix the problem.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"David Baur" <DavidBaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On two test systems the DPRM Service (set to Manual by Default Install)
> fails
> to start when called.
>
> Resolution:
> Set to auto start and start the service or Manually start the service.
>
> Expected:
> Would expect that calls from the DPM server would succeed in starting the
> service.
>
> Any idea what could block a DPM server from starting the Service from the
> DPM server? No firewall or antivirus in the test.
> --
> David

0
Praveen

Visual C++ 6.0 CDialog::Create fails (returns 0)
I don't understand what could cause this? Pass in a valid ID and the current object (this). if( !m_pControlDlg ) { m_pControlDlg = new CControlDlg(); ASSERT( m_pControlDlg ); ASSERT( AfxIsValidAddress( m_pControlDlg , sizeof( CControlDlg ) ) ); bool bCreated = m_pControlDlg->Create( IDD_DIALOG_CONTROL, this ); ASSERT(bCreated);////this is where my failure occures m_pControlDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOWNORMAL ); } Any ideas? I appreciate any ideas you could give. Thanks. "Kman" <kman_l@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190846202.092456.23310@g4g2000h...

Starting up in Outlook Today
I'm using Outlook 2000 and am having a problem getting the program to start in the Outlook Today page. I have read KB article 820575 regarding the need to alter the registry to be able to get into the customization features after installing critical update 813489. I went through the listed procedure and was able to customize the outlook today page. But (even though I checked the "start in outlook today" box) it still starts in my inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Ron What's especially irritating about this is that on my laptop I wnet through the pr...

import store 2.0 to hq failing
After upgrading store ops from 1.2 to 2.0 (no problems) we are trying to implement hq 2.0 by bringing in the biggest store db through the hd admin. However, it fails on an invalid column category. Any ideas? ...

Windows 2008 recover a failed cluster node
Hi all, I've a two node cluster build with Windows Server 2008 (no R2). The quorum type is "node and disk majority". Now one of the two node goes suddenly in blue screen, few minutes after it has started and I fear that I've to format it. Anyone knows the correct procedure to evict the node, rebuild it and rejoin to the cluster? The cluster is in a production environment and I can't take the cluster offline for a long period (maximum 1 hour). Please help Hello Andrea, Please use the following forum to get best help: http://social.technet.microsoft.co...

Not knowing the start date of a birthday
How do you put an anniversary in your calendar without putting a start date? Is it possible? On my PPC it shows the number of years in brackets after the item, but if this is wrong then the number of years is wrong! Any ideas? See if this helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/age_form.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Tim Purves asked: | How do you put an anniversary in your calendar without putting a | start date? Is it possible?=20 |=20 | On my PPC it shows the number of years in brack...

How do I get rid of the box called "enter Network Password'?
each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will not go away. I do not know my password to get rid of the box. I have typed all of the passwords I can think of but no success. What do I need to Do? I can not use outlook with the box popping up every 1/2 second. Make sure you have the right passsword? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Beckiboo" <Beckiboo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:770EB7F5-697F-45E3-BB7F-B74F3E5ACD20@microsoft.com... > each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will > not > go away. I...

runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument
Hi! I'm having problem with my POS, i'm getting an error runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument when i ran POS when i perform item lookup. I already reinstalled MSDE and RMS v1.2 but still the problem exist on one of my POS terminal. All other terminals are doing fine so i guess there's no problem with the database. Your help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks, Mike Zenkibuta wrote: > Your help would be much appreciated. It's also possible that it's a component problem.. old version of MDAC or other components.. the registers have the same softwa...

problems to start some Exchange services
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003. Every day it is restarted at 7:00h. Sometimes, when it is starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant it doesn't start. In the event viewer I can see the following messages: 1) Source: Service Control Manager ID: 7009 Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Microsoft Exchange - System Attendant service to connect. 2) Source: Service Control Manager ID: 7000 Description: The Microsoft Exchange - System Attendant service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the st...

.Net Client calling Apache WebService: Problem with NULL-Values
Hello, i am trying to call a Apache WebService, which accepts NULL-Values for some Parameters of a specific Web-Method. NULL-Values are mapped within the soap-request by the .NET Client corresponding to the following example-schema: <ffin xsi:nil="true" /> the problem is that Apache expects the following request-schema: <ffin xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/> otherwise Apache responds with an exception. How can i get my .Net Web-Service Client to add the missing "xsi:type" attribute Thank you for your answers! Apache What? Apach...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup 09-16-03
Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have to setup it on a DC? Thanks in advance, Derda Derda, You should have received an error code as part of the message. Can you please provide that information. Matt "Derda" <safsar@luckyeye.com> wrote in message news:eQ5P6KFfDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have ...

DPM 2010 RC Agent installation error on W2K8 Rx
Has anyone successfully installed the DPM 2010 RC Agent on a RODC (Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2)? I have problems installing the agent on 3 servers and 3 servers only (all RODC and the only ones in the forest). I get "DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =0x80070643, error says: Fatal error during installation". I've got a feeling that it might have to do with the permissions being set in dcom components or that the server trying to add AD group to Local group (that doesn't exist - RODC). The following line are found on all the failing servers:AddRADls...

Starting Outlook from Cmd Line
When Outlook 2003 starts, by my preference, it prompts me for whether I want to Connect to Exchange or Work Offline. Is there a way to start Outlook so that the response to this is embedded in the command line. Can't seem to find a switch that applies. -- ------------------- Dave Brandman Atlanta, GA No, there's no switch for that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Dave Brandman" <davebrandman@no.spam.me.comcast....

Beta MS Project 2010
Hello, When will be MS Project 2010 Full version Available? When can this version expected to release?. Now MS project Beta is avail for download. Is there any DVD or CD avail for order this beta version MS Project 2010. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01CACB39.AC9B1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Karthick, The beta download site is here: = http://www.microsoft.com/project/2010/en/us/default.aspx=20 Retail versions should be available in June...

Request for Microsoft reply: Default start page feature missing??
When you go Tools > Options > General Tab, there is no section to change the defual start page. When using the help function within the box "Set Personal Options Form" the very first help topic is "Set start page and view options" this clearly talks about a Default Pane. I was first alerted to the supposed availability of this feature in the book "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Snyder Page 193. Does anyone else get this section in the General tab? Is it a bug in my installation? Did Microsoft leave it out? ---------------- This po...

DPM 2010 and Hyper V Server
Hi I have Hyper V server 2008 with a Windows 2008 R2 guest running DPM 2010. However i seem unable to add physical disks to the media pool for backup. I have a pair of Raid 1 disks that are not being used by Hyper V or 2008 Server. Is there something i need to do to make DPM find these disks either in DPM or the hyper V Server settings? Thanks for your Help It is not recommended to run DPM 2010 inside a guest vm. In fact it is not recommended to run DPM in the parent partition either so if possible you should be running DPM on a standalone server. Given you are running inside...

How to force import Window to start from access file (.mdb) root folder ?
Hi, Is there a way to force the Import brower window to start looking from the access file root folder at all times ? Perhaps by means of a registry setting ? i.e. I have a file: MyDatabase.mdb on K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\ Each week I'm using the same database to import new files arriving in the subdirectory \FilesToImport. So the full path is K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\FilesToImport. Now I want to shortcut the browsing and get straight to the application root folder. Does anybody has a clue ? Thanks a lot. JG Try changing the current directory: ChDrive "K&quo...

Append Query Fails, MS Access 2000 bug?
I appear to be having a problem with an append query. I created a select query, converted the query to a make table query. The query created the table, NewTable, and inserted the data. I then modified the query again to an append query. The data in NewTable was deleted, then I ran the append query... everything ran fine. I opened NewTable in Design View, saved the table (NO changes were made). I re-ran the append query and it failed: Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query. Microsoft Access set 0 field(s) to Null due to a type conversion failure, and i...

Call Contact
Hi There I am having problems with Outlook 2003's Call contact feature. I want to use a normal analog modem at work to dial numbers of contact for me. I am then supposed to pick-up the handset and start talking. Technically everything is working fine .... Except. We are using a PABX system and we need to dial "0" for any outside line. The problem ... Even tho my dialing rules are set to dial "0" for an outside line and any Dialup Connection does this correctly, Outlook seems to ignor the rule and dials the number without the "0". I do not want to update al...

DPM 2010 RC
BUG REPRO: When installing Agents using the Wizard, if any of the selected target systems are offline the Wizard Freezes, then reports it cannot access the systems and provide a listing of the systems it cannot Access. Once the error is recognized (click on 'OK') the wizard Halts and does not go forward. Issues: 1. Selected Systems must all be online or Wizard fails to install online systems. Instead the Admin must document the systems it reported were offline, and then go back in the wizard and deselect the systems that are offline. Expected Result: Expect t...

Workflow Manager cannot start
I'm trying to allow a new employee access to edit workflows. I've copied: Microsoft.Crm.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowLibrary.dll Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowManager.exe Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowMonitor.exe With these files, everything runs fine from my workstation. However, on his machine he gets this error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Workflow Manager --------------------------- Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file is corrupted, or the Microsoft CRM Workflow Service cannot access...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

ISE will not start on XP SP3
I'm trying to learn PS and have installed v2 CTP3 on my Windows XP SP3 system. It seemed to go on fine. When I try to launch PowerShell ISE it just starts and dies within a couple seconds. It does not even become visible. I have to catch it in Process Explorer just to see that it even launched. The Windows PowerShell V2 (CTP) prompt starts just fine. There are no entries in any event log indicating that I even attempted to start it. I am logged on as an administrator. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom On 1/11/2010 1:57 PM, Tom K wrote: > I'm trying to learn ...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...