DPM 2010 RC and SharePoint 2007 item level

Hello,

We use DPM 2010 RC to protect a SharePoint 2007 server and some of the sites
are not cataloged for item level with the following error message:

"DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 1 database(s) of the SharePoint
Farm Sharepoint Farm\database2009a\SharePoint_Config on [...]. Some of the
recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with an
earlier successful catalog. (ID 3133)"

Can anyone tell me how to determine which are those recovery points or how
to deal with this association problem?

Thanks,
Zsolt

        Can you please mail to me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. As we
already seen some instances of this issue and wants to validate it with you
if the issue is same or different.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Zsolt" <Zsolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We use DPM 2010 RC to protect a SharePoint 2007 server and some of the
> sites
> are not cataloged for item level with the following error message:
>
> "DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 1 database(s) of the
> SharePoint
> Farm Sharepoint Farm\database2009a\SharePoint_Config on [...]. Some of the
> recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with
> an
> earlier successful catalog. (ID 3133)"
>
> Can anyone tell me how to determine which are those recovery points or how
> to deal with this association problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Zsolt

0
Praveen
4/1/2010 7:42:52 AM
 From the MSDPM logs, this issue is a known issue and its fix will be
available in DPM 2010 RTM builds. Thanks for bringing this into our focus. I
am copy pasting the trace log exceptions details in case if it requires in
future.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

==============
Exception details:

RMAL           [DatasourceSeqNumber 96] Starting Full Catalog Parse from
File C:\Program Files\Microsoft
DPM\DPM\Temp\dc16f136-090d-47fb-8b91-2ecc0a2b89f2\96.rocatalog...[Time =
2010.04.01. 13:27:14]
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.152
09                  AppAssert.cs(114)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2                   WARNING
ASSERT: (FileName:WssRecoverableObjectsParser.cs; LineNumber:153)
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.152
09                  AppAssert.cs(114)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2                   WARNING
Exactly 3 tokens are expected
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.152
27                  WssRecoverableObjectsParser.cs(158)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2                        WARNING Either
Tokens == null OR Tokens.Length != 3 in File = C:\Program Files\Microsoft
DPM\DPM\Temp\dc16f136-090d-47fb-8b91-2ecc0a2b89f2\96.rocatalog, Line = 5010
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.158
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(746)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING Sharepoint Catalog
Parsing failed with Exception of type
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Utils.RecoverableObjectCatalogParseException
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING Exception Message =
Either Tokens == null OR Tokens.Length != 3 in File = C:\Program
Files\Microsoft
DPM\DPM\Temp\dc16f136-090d-47fb-8b91-2ecc0a2b89f2\96.rocatalog, Line = 5010
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING Exception Stack =
at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.WssRecoverableObjectsParser.GetRecoverableObjectFromTokens(String[]
tokens, UInt64 lineNumber)
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING    at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.WssRecoverableObjectsParser.ParseFullCatalogData()
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING    at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.SPContentDatabaseCatalogParser.ParseFullCatalogData()
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING    at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.SPContentDatabaseCatalogParser.ParseCatalogData()
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING    at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.SharePointCatalogDataLoader.CatalogLoadPendingAsync(Object
msgContext)
0A1C            18F8             04/01          11:27:17.159
27                  RecoverableObjectCatalogLoader.cs(747)
DC16F136-090D-47FB-8B91-2ECC0A2B89F2             WARNING InnerException =

==============

"Praveen D [MSFT]" <praveend@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>        Can you please mail to me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. As we
> already seen some instances of this issue and wants to validate it with
> you if the issue is same or different.
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
> rights.
>
> "Zsolt" <Zsolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> We use DPM 2010 RC to protect a SharePoint 2007 server and some of the
>> sites
>> are not cataloged for item level with the following error message:
>>
>> "DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 1 database(s) of the
>> SharePoint
>> Farm Sharepoint Farm\database2009a\SharePoint_Config on [...]. Some of
>> the
>> recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with
>> an
>> earlier successful catalog. (ID 3133)"
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to determine which are those recovery points or
>> how
>> to deal with this association problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zsolt

0
Praveen

Outlook 2007: Can't accept proposed meeting times?
Does anyone know anything about this in 2007? Is it a bug or am I missing something? When I send an meeting request and the other receipient proposes a new time, I get a response back but there is no "accept" button. I have to manually update the meeting time. Setup: - both ends are OL2007 - both ends uses pst files - no exchange server involved - both ends connect to an IMAP server TIA 1001001100100 1001001100100 <ANonnyMoose@no-email.org> wrote: > Does anyone know anything about this in 2007? Is it a bug or am I > missing something? > > When I send an meeti...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

Outlook 2010: Unable to open an internet link in a received message
Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message saying someting like: "operation aborted due to limitations defined for this computer. Contact your systems manager (it's in Norwegian so I have to translate to the best of my ability. My OS is Windows7. I use Norton Internet security, latest edition. Can anyone tell me how to control this? Jan Erik, Oslo, Norway "Jan Erik" <jefrithj@online.no> skrev i meddelelsen news:1fit56d2ruccndr7pmneqrlm32qohghgnr@4ax.com... > Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message > sa...

Automated Item lookup code
Dear All, Is there anyway of automating the item lookup code when you are adding a new item based on previous codes in that particular department/category/line, etc. Instead of the employee inputting the code themselves can it be generated automatically for every new item that you add. Thanks, Faiz. We have a add on Module to do exactly this http://www.retail-systems.net/ where are you located Middle East "RSN" wrote: > We have a add on Module to do exactly this > > http://www.retail-systems.net/ > > where are you located > > Faiz, If you are int...

DPM 2007 and DVD recorders
I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? Thanks in advance. F. On 22 Feb, 20:25, "Fab <fabrizio.nos...@nospam.nospam>" > I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM > 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? From the technet web site: "DPM does not support Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media." Hope to be wrong... F. http://www.ss-infrastructure.com/2009/12/dpm-and-tapes-things-to-consider.html ...

Outlook 2007 install problem
when i tried to install outlook 2007 it hangs up and the end and will not complete. Task manager shows it running, but after 2 hours I ended the task. Now I can install or uninstall anything because I get a message that says something is installing and wait until it finishes. But, nothing is installing and Outlook 2007 does not show up on the program list. Help. If you are running an Anti-Virus program, like Norton or Trend, Turn it off while you do the install. Also, log out of any other programs that may be running. Are you using Microsoft XP as your processing system? Or maybe Vis...

Converting Office 2007 Pro Trial to Office 2007 Small Business
My Office 2007 Professional Trial just expired yesterday. I purchased the Office 2007 Small Business upgrade through the online store. When I tried to convert my trial to the "real" version, my product key wouldn't work. (I expected it to work for everything except Access, which is not included in the Small Business version.) I am, as we speak, downloading the Small Business version from the Microsoft store; but do I really need to go through an uninstall/reinstall? Can't I convert to another version of MS Office without reinstalling? I'm worried abo...

Excel 2007 VBA shape fill colour problem 02-11-10
I have a generic VBA routine that adds a specified shape to each cell within a target range on a worksheet and defines the Shape.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor property and the OnAction event. The OnAction event routine then toggles the Shape.Fill.Visible property on and off which should change the colour to the already defined Shape.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor property and back again, but the colour always defaults to turquoise rather than the colour I've specified. The code detailed below worked fine in Excel 2003, this appears to be a bug in 2007. --------------------------------...

Typing LAGS in Outlook 2007
New Dell Inspiron, Vista, OEM Office--the Outlook is lagging - every time I type or select anything there is a small delay. For a fast typist, this is disconcerting as I am a sentence ahead and nothing shows on the screen. Not happening in other word or text programs. I have a import .pst file that also says, it can't be accessed and it seems like it is looking all the time. I tried to delete it but it won't let me. Any help will be appreciated. Since its a Dell, it's probably Media Direct causing it: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recurringmeetings.htm other causes: ht...

Upgrade from OA 2007 to MDGP 9
I have read on Microsoft's website that the transition from Office Accounting 2007 Professional to Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a rather simple migration; however, I cannot find one single document or whitepaper on the best practices or best methodology for facilitating such a move. Would someone point me in the correct direction? Out books are not that complicated; however, we are heavy into project accounting and would like to integrate our accounting package with CRM 3.0. We have an in-house IT staff that I am comfortable with performing the upgrade, but would like a clearer pict...

How do I design a DVD label from scratch in Word 2007?
I don't see a way to start a new DVD label in Word 2007 and was wondering if anyone knew how to set one up. The templates work fine but they take too long to change to what I want. Word is a very poor program for creating DVD labels (and you should not add labels to DVD discs because of out of balance effects at very high rotational speeds). However investigate Surething CD Labeler software. http://www.surething.com/ For DVD case labels, you could create a three cell table (front spine and back) or use the aforementioned product. -- <>>< ><<>...

Item Extension record required for all items in Returns Management
We've been testing the Returns Management module using the Fabrikam company to see if it will be something we can benefit from. Our testing has shown that in order for the system to pull the item's Current Cost (from the Item Master), you must create an Item Extension record for the item and check the box marked 'Use Current Cost'. If you don't create the record, the system will default to a zero cost. (This assumes that you don't associate the return with an existing invoice where the customer bought the item). To me, this seems to be a maintenance nightmare. O...

PID for Outlook 2007 not recognized by Microsoft
Hi Office 2007 users I recently installed Office 2007 Pro (retail multi language from Amazon UK) as an upgrade to Office 2003 Pro (retail). I had some problems with Outlook 2007 and attempted to access the Microsoft Warranty Help. On the submission report I was required to insert the PID. I looked up the 2007 PID in Outlook and typed it in but it was rejected by Microsoft Help on the grounds that: "The PID you have given (characters had typed in repeated )is not the PID for the Office 2007 Multilanguage edition please insert the PID for Office 2007 Multilanguage edition." B...

Firewall Ports for DPM 2010 RC
We want to backup nonDomain-Server and Workgroup-Server; what Firewall Ports & Protokolls we need to enable for communication? Please take a look at the full list of firewall ports and protocols at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808766.aspx Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "WKrauss" <WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1130110-7ACE-4346-AB48-B7CC91513999@microsoft.com... > We want to backup nonDomain-Server and Workgroup-Server; what Firewal...

Is there a way to track quantities other than item type 1?
We're trying to come up with a better way to track component items v.s. sales inventory items in the inventory module. We sell manufacture and sell eletronic equipment. To simplify matters, say we sell pc's. So in our sales inventory we have pc100, pc200 and pc300 and we are tracking the quantities of these pc's we have on hand so they're set up as item type 1-Sales Inventory. To make the pc's we have components motherboard1, motherboard2, powersupply1, powersupply2, videocard1, videocard2, case1, case2, and case3. ( the only difference between pc200 and pc300 is ...

Disabling Office 2007 startup GUI
Is it possible to disable the first box that appears after I click on the ..exe for e.g Word? I'm referring to the yellow welcome box with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007' This is a Word for Mac group. Word 2007 is a program for Windows. Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It is already answered in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement. Yves "Abi" <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:460E7E7C-1D8D-4723-87DB-5E57671A3E4B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to disable the first box that appears after...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

How can I get the selected item number from a combo box?
How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it is zero in this example. Thank you You refer to the value via the name of the control. If it is multi-column, you append .column(number) to the name where number is 0 for the first column. -Dorian "mezzanine1974" wrote: > How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that > combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). > If "Madam" is selected, I would like to g...

adding items to a matrix
When adding existing items to an existing matrix it would be nice to be able to select multiple items to add at one time. We deal with shoes. New colors in exisitng styles are added 4-5 times per year so this requires adding the new items (we usually copy and existing like-item and re-number and re-describe it to reflect the new color), then add those new items to an existing matrix. If we were to add 20 sizes in a shoe in a new color, we would have to create 20 new items, then add them one-by-one to the existing matrix (a total of 40 tasks). If a user were able to multi select ite...

GP 2010 Email Invoices
Can someone familiar with GP 2010 tell me if this version includes a mechanism to email documents? We ship between 20-40 shipments a day and some of our customers but not all would like invoices emailed to them. We now use GP10 and to do this is a completely manual process whereby we change the GP Printer to a PDF writer and then save it and email through Outlook. This is not a practical way to email invoices to all of our customers so we use snail mail exclusively. We had looked into a third party application in the past but held off because I heard the new version of GP wo...

Installation of CRM v3.0c fails with Outlook 2007 #2
There is this thread, which I wish to reply to but don't know how. Thread URL: http://groups.google.com.my/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/9a8dd21187c63f8f/70ec92d8b2203f30?hl=en&lnk=st&q=The+installed+version+of+Microsoft+Outlook+is+not+supported+by+the+Microsoft+CRM+client.+Please+upgrade+to+the+current+release+of+Microsoft+Office+Outlook.#70ec92d8b2203f30 Please see my solution at: http://zenetlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/installing-ms-dynamics-crm-client-v3c.html Hope this is useful. Regards, Eunice Hmmnnn - unfortunately, the conclusion in your blog is inco...

Text Rotation in Word 2007
I am trying to rotate a small text box in Word 2007. In Word Help, it says under "Rotate a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt " :- "Click the picture shape, text box or WordArt that you want to rotate. Do one of the following: Drag the rotation handle" But I can not find the rotation handle - I am going mad trying to get it to work. Sorry for being such an idiot, but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? In addition, under the Text Box Format Menu, there is a 'Rotate' button which when you click it has all the options greyed out except &#...

Reproducible bug in Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if there's a better place to report this... so here goes. With Outlook 2007 closed, delete NormalEmail.dotm. Then open Outlook and close it so that it will create a new NormalEmail.dotm. With Outlook closed, open the new NormalEmail.dotm to edit it. Define a new multi-level list. Assign level 1 to style Heading 1 and click Ok and close. Open Outlook, open a new message, click in the text box and click a few styles (just so you've got a few changes). Go to the Style Set menu and click Reset Document Quick Styles. That's where it has crashed on me. Does it cr...

Word 2007: ContentControl's method ToggleEditPlaceholderText is mi
Hello. In Word Object Model there is a missed method ToggleEditPlaceholderText of ContentControl object. Method description: Switches the state between editing the placeholder text for a content control and saving the placeholder text, and returns a Long that represents the state. Please see Word Help or MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb256833.aspx But this method really does not exist!!! It is not recognised by VBA editor. Also OLE/COM Object Viewer proofs that there is no such method in Word 12.0 Object Library!!! Please help. Thanks. I don't kn...

Switch off date autotext in Outlook 2007
When I type a date in Outlook 2007 a date autotext option appears – how do I switch this feature off in Outlook 2007? ...