DPM 2007 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V Failover Cluster

Should DPM 2007 SP1 be able to backup virtual machines that are in a Windows
Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V fail over cluster?

Each VM has a dedicated LUN at this point in time.

From previous experience the backups appear to be inconsistent from the
stand point of if the machine is migrated to another host the backup breaks.

Has anyone successfully implemented backups for this type of environment?

DPM 2007 SP1 does officially support backing up VMs on Windows 2008 SP2
Hyper-V Clusters.

--
 Narendran[MSFT]

"techraider04" <techraider04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Should DPM 2007 SP1 be able to backup virtual machines that are in a
> Windows
> Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V fail over cluster?
>
> Each VM has a dedicated LUN at this point in time.
>
> From previous experience the backups appear to be inconsistent from the
> stand point of if the machine is migrated to another host the backup
> breaks.
>
> Has anyone successfully implemented backups for this type of environment?

0
Narendran

Windows Mail cannot be Started (0X800C0155)
Started receiving this startup message "Windows Mail cannot be started (0X800C0155)" several days after firing up my new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate installed fresh. I am running Windows Live Mail. Never have had Windows Mail installed on this PC! Seems to have started occuring after importing into Live Mail and converting the old Windows Mail messages I copied over from my old PC using Easy Transfer. Windows Live Mail actually opens OK and the old messages are readable. I expect others have encountered a similar problem. On another computer I had converted to...

Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?
Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.? I have the home and school version of 07. Thanks, Rich Mercer Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook, which of course the student version of Office does not include. It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has an option to export to a comma delim...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Server Timeouts
How can I extend server timeouts in Outlook 2003 and XP. It used to be in 2002 Tools/Accounts/Profiles/Advanced tab. I want to go beyond 1 minute for far away users. Lem ...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Money06 & Windows 98
Does Money 06 work with Windows 98? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Sorry no. You have 3 options:- 1. Upgrade Windows to XP. 2. Upgrade to Money 2000 - 2005 (one of not all!) and then to Money 2006 3. Do the conversion on a different XP machine and then copy the file back to the W98 PC. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://suppo...

Resizing a splitter window
I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter gets smaller when the window size is reduced. Can someone please help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter > gets smaller when the window size is reduced. > > Can someone please help? When the size is changed the parent window (CMainFrame, usually) gets the WM_SIZE message. Add a message handler for it. In the handler, call splitter functions like SetColumnInfo to resize as desired. Then call the splitter's RecalcLayout. Caution: the...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Blank Project on MS Project Pro 2007 startup
Does anyone have a code snippet for closing the blank project that is opened when opening project? Or is there a checkbox I have missed that will do this. Hello WJM, You can set Project to open the last file on startup in Tools > Options, General tab. However, I believe there is currently an error in Project 2007 where opening the last file on startup causes an incorrect error message. When you open an existing project plan the Project1 file is closed for you. I guess I'm not sure that a clicking a button to run a macro is any better than using the built in close ...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Dictionaries for Office v.X
Hi. I would like to install various dictionaries (Italian, Spanish etc..) in Office v.X, OS 10.3.9, but I simply can't find them -looked for them everywhere!! Mactopia, P2P etc.. I imagine they must exist, as there are country-specific versions of the software...does anyone know WHERE I can find such dictionaries? Thanks. Did you look on the Office X CD, including in the Value Pack? I don't remember installing Office X, but I believe the way the Mac version works is that the US version has almost all the proofing tools. However, they may not be set for a default install, so you ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

2 exchange servers/2 different sites/1 domain
I have 2 sites, NY/MN, both need to use the same domain name for mail (pm.com), both will be in the same Active Directory forest, I want to have an Exchange server in both locations, the 2 sites are connected via VPN, the mx record for mail going to user@pm.com gets routed into the NY Exchange server, my question is, knowing they will each have a seperate server, running seperate databases, how will mail going to MNuser@pm.com get delivered to the mailboxes in MN? This is possible isn't it? Thanks-Dan Fox If both servers are in the same Exchange site, then the mail that is addre...