DPM 2007 in a Backup Exec 12.5 environment

Hi,

My customer will run virtualization with Hyper-V R2. They consider to
purchase SMSD (system centre enterpise datacenter) offering to complement the
virtualization management.

My challenge is how to position the DPM 2007 (with SMSD) with the existing
Backup Exec 12.5 backup in place. The Backup Exec server backs up to its tape
library.

The DPM 2007 will be installed on the Hyper-V host servers to provide a
self-contain solution. But the VMs backed up with DPM will be to disks.

Rgds
Marco

        Short/long-term protection can be done directly from VM server host
to the DPM server tape library, in both DPM 2007 SP1 as well as with DPM
2010 Beta. When DPM installed on a machine it can protect local data sources
also including VM guest machines.

Thanks.
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My customer will run virtualization with Hyper-V R2. They consider to
> purchase SMSD (system centre enterpise datacenter) offering to complement
> the
> virtualization management.
>
> My challenge is how to position the DPM 2007 (with SMSD) with the existing
> Backup Exec 12.5 backup in place. The Backup Exec server backs up to its
> tape
> library.
>
> The DPM 2007 will be installed on the Hyper-V host servers to provide a
> self-contain solution. But the VMs backed up with DPM will be to disks.
>
> Rgds
> Marco

0
Praveen

Shared workbooks #5
A coworker I are working out of a shared workbook. I am on sheet 1 inputing data and my coworker on sheet 2. My coworker finished inputing her data and saved. Then I finished and saved. When I saved sheet 2 data and sheet 1 data merged together on sheet 1. The funny thing is sheet 2 was ok. How did this happen? ...

sumif across multiple sheets in excel 2007 based on a condition
I have a small work book, tracks deliveries made and trucks used. I have seven sheets Saturday thru Friday and one sheet that totals everything up! The weekly sheets have 34 rows representing 34 stores that we service and the total sheet also has 34 rows that contain the totals for that week. Here is my question I am trying to, on the totals sheet, sum up the total trucks that we used per store per week. In the cell would be entered 0, 0.5, 1, 2 and so on depending on how many trucks we used for that day. Yes we use 0.5 if the store was combo'ed with another store. I ne...

SQL Server 2000 Maintenance Plan and Win2003 Server Backup schedule
Hi, My SQL Server 2000 is on my Win2003 Server. The SQL Server 2000's Maintenance Plan has backup job, which is exactly the same time as the Win2003 Server file Backup schedule. Will that be a problem? Thanks for help. Jason Jason Generally should not be a problem but why do you have them at the same time? "Jason Huang" <JasonHuang8888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uWkl$7efKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > My SQL Server 2000 is on my Win2003 Server. > The SQL Server 2000's Maintenance Plan has backup job, which i...

Postmaster@IP Exchange 5.5
Hi How can I set this Address in Exchange 5.5? postmaster@[212.71.106.117] Thanks, Rick On the routing tab add a new domain of [212.71.106.117] and rather than inbound, set it as Route to this domain, selecting your actual domain. Restart the IMS, and any email send to user@[212.71.106.117] will be delivered to user@yourdomain.com. Postmaster email should automatically be accepted by whichever account is set as the IMS Admin Mailbox. -- hth, SusanV "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB609F6A-6575-4EDD-94E9-E2E62707DB6E@microsoft.com... >...

Unable to edit txt email signature in Outlook 2007
We recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. I wanted to make a minor change to my signature for text emails. I found the correct signature.txt file and deleted the text that I no longer wanted. However, after doing that, Outlook no longer displays the signature when I reply to a text email. So, I deleted the signature.txt file and let Outlook recreate it again, which worked fine. Then, I tried removing a single character in the middle of word within the signature file and the same thing happened. It seems that any edits to the txt signature file somehow corrupt it. Anyone have...

Send 900 Billion valid Emails in Just 5 Minutes Only!

SBS backup task priority
How do I lower the backup task priority? Do I just add /low in the command line? yaro If I may ask I assume you are using the SBS Backup? if so Why do you want the Task to take a lower priority? Are you backing up during the day? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:9f6db666-9348-4fbc-9feb-41ca686e0806@v18g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > ...

Windows CE 5.0 : embedded pointer parameters marshalling
Hello, I have a stream driver with XXX_IOControl function. When I call this function, I passed the following struct pointer to pBufOut parameter : struct DATA { int status; ... PBYTE pData; } So I have an embedded pointer in my driver XXX_IoControl pBufOut parameter. In the function I set a value to pData (ex. *pData = 10). I know that for embedded pointer I have to use MapPtrToProcess in this way : PBYTE p = (PBYTE)MapPtrToProcess(pBufOut->pData, GetCallerProcess()); in this way, all work fine and the caller find the return value 10. If I don't use MapPt...

Printing Booklet #5
The booklet that I am trying to print, looks great in the edit mode and in print preview, but when I print it it inserts two 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" (one 11" X 8 1/2") into the middle of the booklet. Another issue is that I have asked it not to show the header and footer on the first page and it doesn't on screen but it does show the footer in print preview and prints the footer. So, what I'm asking is how do we get the blank pages out of the middle and the footer off of the cover? -- Thanks Paul What version Publisher? Create a folded booklet or newsletter i...

Background color excel 2007
I would like to know how to procedd to obtain the following results: if F8 background color=CYAN then k8=j6 other wise nothing happens. Thanks Please explain further: Are you changing the color manually in F8 ? Which cell takes precedence K8 or J6 ? i.e in which cell is the data entered? You can't make actions occur in Excel by changing the color of the cell unless you write a macro. Perhaps a simple solution may be to insert a helper column (it can be narrow and with a small font number & color to make it unobtrusive), say E. Then using Conditional formatting in F8 enter Formula =...

Cannot insert Chart in Excel 2007 and all other Office 2007 applications
In Excel 2007, click on Insert, just click on any type of chart buttons, nothing appears. Then click on the drop-down error on any of the chart buttons, click All Chart Types, then click any of the chart type button on the right, click OK, the error "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." Then go to any Office application, such as Word or Powerpoint, Insert Chart, it gives the same error. I Googled, quite a lot of people are experiencing the problem, some went to the extend of deleting the userprofile and let Windows re-cre...

Unable to switch to SDI in Excel 2007
Hi, I think the default factory setting for Excel 2007 is SDI interface (pseudo or whatever - I really preferred that) and thats what I had been using for the last few months. about a couple of weeks back I noticed that my Excel had switched to MDI and after struggling for ages with that I finally found a blog entry that had instructions on how to switch between MDI and SDI. I have followed those instructions, swapped the 'Show All windows in taskbar' setting. multiple times, closing and reopening Excel every time, but it just wouldnt switch to SDI. Any help/suggestions are highly w...

outlook 2007 stopped opening HTML info sporatically
Several day ago I had a virus alert, locked computer and had to use power button shutdown. Reboot and scanned, removed several spyware threats and increased avast to high protection. Ran Spyware Doctor. Defragged and now Outlook 2007 will not open HTML info in messages. The real issue is the program only opening some frames, not all. Any ideas what I've done to myself? -- pgjw56 It's not really clear what exactly isn't working for you. HTML messages don't display in Outlook at all or when you click on a hyperlink in Outlook it isn't properly dis...

5.5 Defrag errors out
I have 5.5 SP4 Enterprise with a 20 GB priv.edb on a Dell PE2650 w/ 4GB RAM I shutdown the Groupshield AV and Information store services, and then ran a eseutil /d /ispriv The process ran fine until 80%, then it errored out with: -1601 JET_errRecordNotFound The key was not found I've searched around and there is no mention of the 1601 error on Technet. Does anyone know what this code means? Run isinteg -fix -pri -test alltests on the oringinal priv.edb until it records no errors ( could be 2 or 3 times). Be sure to have good backups before proceeding. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 06:49...

Will Office 2003 Standard convert to Office 2007 Basic?
I bought a new laptop loaded with a trial version of Office 2007 Home and Student. However, I already own a 32bit version of Office 2003 Standard. Can I convert my 32bit Office 2003 Standard, which has Outlook, to work on my 64bit Windows 7 machine and use the 2003 product key? v/r TelecommTech Provided you have your disks/CDs handy and you have the product serial number YES you can install it on Windows 7. Please uninstall the trial version from the new machine before installing the Old version of Office because it could complicate the issues if not uninstalled first. h...

5.5 global message size
Doesn't seem to be a place to set the max incoming/outgoing message size (non-IMC messages) in the gui. Found a tech not on the MS site which spoke of exporting the recipients to a csv file, do mass add in the correct fields, and then import. Problem is, i exported the recipients and do not see that field. I even modified one user using the gui - added a message size of 20000 and do not see that value anywhere when I export. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks. On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:31:27 -0700, "Tito Madrid" <tmadrid@cosmo.com> wrote: >Do...

When sending doc in publisher 2007 the task bar is also shown
When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:11:01 -0700, Dean.C <Dean.C @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc >and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want >the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it That's under the control of the recipien...

Outlook 2007 #30
I do have a basic older version of Outlook on my PC, however when I go to use my Outlook 2007 the program wants to know if I want to have my hotmail account run thru my Outlook. And yes I do but for some reason it cannot find my account so therefore I cannot use my Outlook wizard.....HELP! ...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Exchange 5.5 LDAP Issue !!! need help urgent!
Hi Folks, i'm in start of migration and i have a problem with Exchange 5.5 LDAP. the server is listening to LDAP and i tried to open a LDAP connection to the Exchange but i get Invalid cerdentails. if i take the Ldap Interface to debug i see this error in the Event Viewer (attached) A.S.A.P. Thanks again folks! -- ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================================================== This posting is provided &quo...

formulas #12
How to make "cell C" minus 30% show up in "cell D" (ex: $5-30%=$3.50) greeniz61 Wrote: > How to make "cell C" minus 30% show up in "cell D" (ex: $5-30%=$3.50) Your formula is =C1*(1-PERCENTAGE) where C1 is, for example, where $5 is entered. Regards. -- BenjieLop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11019 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477785 One way: in D1 enter =C1*0.7 Hope...

calendar #5
How can I go about creating a calendar within Excell in which due dates are calculated automatically? (Date: 10/28/05 + 6 months =, Date + one year, Date + 5 years, etc.) Please help. Thank you in advance. ds The formula for the date plus six months is =EOMONTH(A1,5) For date plus one year =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) For date plus 5 years =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Thanks Dave "Dave O" wrote: > The formula for the date plus six months is > =EOMONTH(A1,5) > > For date plus one year > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > For dat...

Exporting a Report to Excel 11-12-07
We use Access's built-in function for exporting reports to Excel quite a bit and have been very happy with it. However, there are a couple reports that we'd like to export to Excel and have more control over the formatting of the produced spreadsheet. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what the best way would be to do this? (Our client is using Access 2000 and Excel 2000.) Thanks in advance. James ...

Office 2007 Professional Plus Error- Proplusww.msi
Getting a set up error code each time i install or try to open any office prodcut i the suite. I originally loaded from disk and got it, then went to trial version and got same think, even then loaded outlook from exchange provider and still get it. Uninstalled a few times and deleted most all the registry items with any values but no help. This install is going onto new computer with windows 7 64 bit as dell had to change one out under warranty so not sure if that is related. Each time i open office product i get same error first in new window of error during set up. Look...

Outlook 2007 regsvr32 vbscript.dll error
After installing Outlook 2007 on a Vista workstation, I tried to setup Outlook and I got a vbscript.dll error. I said to run regsvr32.exe VBscript.dll to correct the error. I did and restarted my workstation and got the same error. Can anyone help. Thanks, Eljefe. ...