DPM 2007-Hyper-V

I am testing dDPM 2007. I am attempting to back up child partitions on a
Hyper-V server. I get the error: DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID:
30112)
All my searches point to the need to apply hotfix KB959962, however, the
hotfix indicates it is for Windows Vista, and, of course, cannot be
installed. Any ideas?

Please install Windows Server 2008 SP2 and KB971394 on your host machine.
Even if it may say the update is for Windows Vista, please go ahead and
download the update.
After installing the update, please update the integration components on the
virtual machine that you are trying to backup. You may do this by going to
the Action menu in the VM console, and choosing the "Insert Integration
Services Disk" option.

Thanks,
--Angad.

"Izzyforreal" <Izzyforreal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am testing dDPM 2007. I am attempting to back up child partitions on a
> Hyper-V server. I get the error: DPM encountered a retryable VSS error.
> (ID:
> 30112)
> All my searches point to the need to apply hotfix KB959962, however, the
> hotfix indicates it is for Windows Vista, and, of course, cannot be
> installed. Any ideas?

0
Angad

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

Daily Chats on DST 2007
Please share this! We are hosting daily Technical Chat sessions for customers beginning TODAY (Feb 22, 2007) from 10:00am-2:00pm PST. To participate in a technical chat with a Microsoft subject matter expert on DST please visit http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx. You can also view the technical chat schedule in addition to all of the Live Meeting sessions (live and on-demand) at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_webcasts. Regards, Scott Schnoll Exchange User Education Microsoft Corporation Scott, I'm replying in order to add this information to the main = new...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

System Cleanup Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 at work and every so often I see a folder called system cleanup that automatically puts my outgoing emails, calendar and task items in that folder. How do I get rid of that or at least be able to set the time frame. Right now it appears to be approximately a month. Thank you Did you ask those that take of your corporate e-mail system if they have a process that runs server side that does this? The reason that I ask is that there are solutions that run on the Microsoft Exchange server that do archival and maintenance on the database. "sheila4typing&...

cant open html file in outlook 2007
hi, i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create html file .press Right click on the mouse and check permission on the file" can any body help :( -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור Have you tried clearing Microsoft Outlook's secure temp folder? "michel" <vaillancourt.michel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:AF480A87-907E-464C-A8A1-6C208A477950@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create > html > file .press Right click on the mouse and check...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

outlook office 2007
how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? "sadixon" <sadixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D841D8F1-29AF-4088-9E71-0AF49A594261@microsoft.com... > how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? depends. where did you buy it, how many licenses did you buy and what does the Eula say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-s...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

Office 2007 and Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anybody know about these issue: When I open MS Office files made from MS Office 2007 (Windows version), why documents not appear exactly same in the screen? Ex. Power Point file: some characters changed, missing picture, error location. Word: missing table, table size changed Is these because of compatibility issue between them? I have updated my Office in my Mac to latest version 12.1.7 but the problems still persist. Please advice, Thank you. On 4/23/09 3:10 AM, in a...

Problem connecting to outlook 2007
Hi, my boss can't access his outlook 2007 when he comes in to the office with his laptop. He can only connect if he has his wireless or the vpn on. He gets this error message ox80042108 when he tries to open outlook without wireless or vpn. Thank you for any help or suggestions offered. What type of mail account is it set up as? "k" <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA28F0E9-5505-4A12-8833-D2411219A6C8@microsoft.com... > Hi, my boss can't access his outlook 2007 when he comes in to the office with > his laptop. He can only co...

Backend Crash Access 2007
One of our Access 2007 databases seems to have encountered some difficulties with crashing. There are 18 users, and approximately 75000 unique records. This morning the backend crashed and displayed the following error message: unrecognized database format '\\r5\accumteam\prod2010\clmd_be.accdb' r5 is the server name The database then recreated a copy of itself, and all the tables were empty. We were able to restore from backup but are very interested in fixing whatever may be wrong Thanks for any suggestions Marsh Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database cor...

Will there be a SP1 for Access 2007 runtime
I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to distribute it to client without access installed. Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with an unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 - until SP1 was applied. Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe Hallo, lnielsen7 meinte: > I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - > use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to > dist...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

"configuring Microsoft Office small business 2007"
Every time my microsoft outlook 2007 opens it says "configuring Microsoft Office small business 2007" and takes about two to three minutes to start. What's wrong with this as I have done repeated repairs etc.... and it doesn't fix it. I upgraded my computer from Vista 64 bit to windows 7 64 bit. Had to reinstall everything on my computer and this has been doing this since then. Any answers? ...

Excel 2007, can't edit 2003 document
When I open the excel 2003 document in 2007 we cannot edit nor view any formulas in the formula bar, plus the ribbon is greyed out. The workbook is not protected with read only. What is going on? bermy;699744 Wrote: > When I open the excel 2003 document in 2007 we cannot edit nor view any > formulas in the formula bar, plus the ribbon is greyed out. The workbook is > not protected with read only. What is going on? Is the workbook protected inside excel? -- Dianne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dianne's Profi...

SQL Server on Hyper-V: Disk Configuration Best Practices
Hi, Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? Thank you, Max Use fixed size disks(easier to backup and move) if you do not require over 2 TB of data. Put them on a RAID10 or RAID 1 for good performance. Regards Jimmy "Allan2010" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup > virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? > > Thank you, > Max > > ...

Not able to open attachements in outlook 2007
I have just converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. The oonly problem i have it that I am not able to view, open or save attachements. e.g I can see there is a word doc attached in the preview pane. I double click to open the mail and i can still see the doc. I double click the doc and i get a dialog box saying "you should only open attahcments from a trustowrty source. Attachement : xxxxx.doc from xxxxx - message (html) Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer? there there are 3 buttons open save and cancel When I say open i get the message "the op...

How do i setup a center gate fold card template in Publisher 2007
By center gate fold i mean take an A4 sheet and fold the left hand side and the right hand side in so that they meet in the center like a double gate. Cant find this template and not sure how to create it. How to here http://www.expertsinfinishing.com/G1_Gate.pdf Other folds http://www.spggraphics.com/foldingStyles.asp -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RedwingerUK" <RedwingerUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A77BF23-0E5C-4E7D-9F15-87C9B59FC6D2@microsoft.com... > By center gate fo...

Cannot see Office 2007 Video Demos
Something has happened such that I cannot view any of the Office 2007 Video Demos. Have no problems viewing videos on other web sites. I just get the "done" at the bottom with a blank screen. Have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions there to no avail as well. Couuld someone at least tell me where to start looking, i.e. I have verified that Adobe flash works fine, but don't know if that is what is used. I have also turned off virus scanner/firewalls as well. Running Vista Home Premium with all updates. If you're referring to the video's on Micro...

Problem to backup file area with DPM 2007
Hi I have a DPM 2007 sp1 installation that is protecting several servers one of the server that it is protection is a windows 2008 R2 file server. One of the partitions of the server containing a file area. The first backup is always OK but then it is always get “replica is inconsistent”. When performing a consistent check it getting the error message: Affected area: E:\ Occurred since: 2010-03-29 10:02:26 Description: The replica of Volume E:\ on SRVFILE01.vgc.se is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the r...

Problems with Microsoft Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista 64 bit that is driving me up the wall
Hi: I recently purchased a new Dell computer with Windows Vista 64bit as my OS and Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 factory installed. I seem to be having problems with Outlook. One of my problems is when I cut and paste in an email. At times when I do this I receive an error message saying that "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working. A problem cased the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Unfortunately there is never any solution to my problem and the only way I could get Outlook to work aga...