detailed inventory does not work with non bar code tapes.

I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work with
non barcoded tapes.

We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled
inventory  runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the
tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work.

I wonder why MS would program it this way?

Tim

This is an issue which we have fixed in DPM 2010.
The problem was that the scheduled inventory was not doing detailed
inventory on newly added media.

Can you install DPM 2010 Beta from
https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&DownloadID=22070
and see if it fixes the issue.
--
Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work
> with
> non barcoded tapes.
>
> We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled
> inventory  runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the
> tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work.
>
> I wonder why MS would program it this way?
>
> Tim

0
Gaurav
11/26/2009 8:56:17 AM
Thanks but DPM backs up our critical data and I am reluctant to trust it to a
beta. I'll wait for full product.

"Gaurav Gupta [MSFT]" wrote:

> This is an issue which we have fixed in DPM 2010.
> The problem was that the scheduled inventory was not doing detailed
> inventory on newly added media.
>
> Can you install DPM 2010 Beta from
> https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&DownloadID=22070
> and see if it fixes the issue.
> --
> Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM
> This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work
> > with
> > non barcoded tapes.
> >
> > We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled
> > inventory  runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the
> > tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work.
> >
> > I wonder why MS would program it this way?
> >
> > Tim

carol non capisce come si fa
hi you ok i think of you at bed time do you work (hope you write back) "Carolina roghich" <CAROLINA.ROGHICH@tele2.it> escreveu na mensagem news:4D6168E5-1FED-480D-B119-DF266B0928DE@microsoft.com... > > Comovai voc�: ...

Hard-code source data
Is there any method other than using Dynamic Names/OFFSET to force a chart to always use specific columns and rows, regardless of whether or not new ones are added. We have multiple spreadsheets that track monthly metrics. Each month a new column is added representing a new month of data. I always want to show columns B-M to refelct the past twelve months. Currently when I add a new column representing a new month,the charts dymanically change to show columns C-N and I have to change over 20 charts back to B-M. Thanks! Melanie Martin Melanie - The way to handle this is with dynami...

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

HidD_GetFeature() working, HidD_SetFeature() not working
Hi all, Afetr a lot of tries I finally found and hid descriptor that work as keyboard hid minidriver and, in my intention, should allow me to communicate with the driver thought the two api calls HidD_SetFeature() and HidD_GetFeature(). Unfortunately it seem thta only HidD_GetFeature() is working. If I try to use HidD_SetFeature() I note that the driver receive the HID_SET_FEATURE event but the buffer passed to the event that should contain my custom data to set is always 2 bytes length, not the original size I passed using the HidD_SetFeature() call (in my test example I passed a ...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

I recently lost send/receive progress in the outlook status bar,
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3. Until a couple of days ago, I would receive send/receive status and progress in the Outlook Status Bar at the bottom right of my Outlook Window. I don't think I made any changes, but the information no longer shows up. Are there any ideas as to why this may have happened? View-> Status Bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jdw_...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...

Slow Code Execution 02-16-10
Hi community. I wonder if anybody would be willing to have a quick look at my code below and offer me any suggestions for fine tuning/making faster? What you need to know: I have a userform which has two listboxes, the listbox values are: listbox1) values derived from oSourceDoc table rows, (oSourceDoc has a fourcolumn table with many rows I call entries) listbox2) values derived from name of all open documents in a particular network folder (U:\checkout). The code below does work, what it is designed to do is read which listitems the user has selected from listbox1...

Changing Multiple Users Details
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and I need to change all our users company info and addresses, as we have moved physical locations... Is there a way to change all users information in one simple procedure? Not sure if this is an Exchange thing or a AD thing... Thanks in advance guys... I think ADModify.net might do what you want http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A45444-7337-4C50-B536-34C4F6F9EBA5@microsoft.com... > We are using Exchange 2003...

How do I set up a line

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

Is there a "read-only" license for non-CRM users?
Hi, i'm working in an organization with +- 30 people. Now I'm (trying to) implemend MS CRM for only a group of 10 people. Now is my problem ... all the data about customers will be stored in MS CRM like name, adress, email ..., but the other 20 people (mostly developers) needs this information so they can call and discuss problems with our clients. The only thing they want to see is the phonenumber or email (standard clientinformation) so they can communicate with them. I'm not going to buy 20 licenses for this groep which costs me $450,- per license. Is there some kind of...

Inventory values in HQ
The computer with one of our store databases was stolen (we have 7 stores total). Our inventory dept. does a monthly audit for each store and at the end of the month uses a 501 worksheet to upload latest Store inventory numbers. After the theft, I have successfully restored the store database from HQ, however, are the numbers in HQ the same as the inventory in the store before the theft? Our Inventory Control Dept. manager doesn't want to trust the numbers at HQ because he says that since no 501 worksheet was made just before the theft that he doesn't trust HQ inventory values for the...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

Error Code 0x643
I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were successful. However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed. They are the following: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570) - Error Code: 0x643 Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two updates failed a number of time previously too. My operating environment is: Wi...

Inventory Turnover Report Calculation Seems Incorrect...
We are running GP version 9.0 and I noticed the results from the inventory turnover report are incorrect. Regardless of what item I run the report for the results are including in the Qty sold YTD sales from Dec06. This is causing the turnover # to be incorrect also. Is this report including Dec06 sales in error because the Dec06 ending inventory #'s need to be used in the calculation of the 2007 turns? When did you do your inventory close at the end of 2006? It sounds like it might have been done early in December rather than at the end of the month. -- Richard L. Whaley Auth...

New record dosn't work?
The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond when I click on it. What have done wrong? Using Access 2007. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800, Keyman65 <Keyman65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You may have a query that is not-updatable. That is pretty normal for complex queries and certain classes of queries such as GroupBy and Union queries that are never updatable. Sometimes DISTINCTROW will make a query updatable. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond &...

hyperlinks not working
The hyperlinks in my outlook messages are no longer working. They were using Netscape 4.7 as the browser although I have tried to get it to use IE. I have removed Netscape 4.7 and now they don't work at all. I have since installed Netscape 7.1 and they still don't work. I really just want the links to use IE as the browser. ...

my newreader download code instead of files or attachments
When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. I will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing wrong? "jdamoor" <jdamoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8FC6E6-CAC9-434C-B47B-2E98FB936A97@microsoft.com... > When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. > I > will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used > Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing...

send excel work sheet as the body of email.
I am unable to consistenty control whether rows or columns remain hidden when I send an excel document as the body of an email address. My proposals are sent to customers in this fashion. When they are viewed by the recipient, they are receiving my hidden fields which is confidential work data. I am somewhat stumped because up untill recently I very seldom had this problem. Any ideas???? Hi c_worc You can use my SendMail Add-in (Outlook version) http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Or code examples from my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm If you not use Outlook...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Non Delivery Issue
We have one specific user reporting that they get this message from emails they send intermittently. he has sent me two different copies in the past 24 hours of the same NDR. I've looked as much as I can through newsgroups, etc - I see mentions of the same problem, but no clear resolution. his outlook 2k3 version is 11.8010.6568 - SP2. as far as I can tell, that's up to date. server is E2k3 SP2. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: John Doe on 7/10/2006 9:33 PM This message could not be sent. Try sending ...

Charting with non contiguous columns
Trying to create a chart using information from columns that are not next to each other I need the information from Columns C, E and L. Rows 1-8 as an example Can that be done and if so how? Any help appreciated. David Hopper David, First, create a chart based on the data in column C. Once that chart is created, click on the chart (make sure it is active) and - going to the chart toolbar - select Chart -> Source Data. On the Series tab of the Source Data dialog box, select the "add" button. In the values selector (combination box) choose the range in column E. Once t...

How do I assign a bar to the right axis?
I have a bar chart with three colums. The left column is dollars. I want to make the right column percentages and assign the right column to the right axis? How do I do this? Hi, You need to create 2 series and move one of them to the secondary axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8613B9A-4C6E-4565-9E80-A0D1365A9EB5@microsoft.com... >I have a bar chart with three colums. The left column...