Compression to Drive on SCDPM 2010?

Is there Compression when backing up to a Drive? My data source "Size on
disk" on the System I am backing up a folder from is much smaller when on the
Drive I am backing up to.
--
David

This is not supported, the best way to achieve compression is by compressing
the files which need to be protected.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"David Baur" <DavidBaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there Compression when backing up to a Drive? My data source "Size on
> disk" on the System I am backing up a folder from is much smaller when on
> the
> Drive I am backing up to.
> --
> David

0
Praveen

Error Saving Project in 2010 BETA
I have a VBA project that was written in Office 2007. When I try to save it in Office 2010 BETA, I get an error message that says: "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Where do I start? This template has been updated from Office 97 to 200, then to 2003 and to 2007. We would like to use it with 2010. Any ideas? Thanks in advance How can we possible suggest anything when we have no idea what it is you are doing, or see any code? mamerica wrote: >I have a VBA project that was written in Office 2007. Wh...

Will my External Hard Drive work on Windows 7?
Hi all, Just picked up a Western Digital EHD for my current XP system. However, we may be upgrading soon to a 64-bit WIndows 7 system. The box (it was made before W7 was released) does not mention compatibility with Windows 7. Will is work anyway? davey1108 wrote: > Hi all, > > Just picked up a Western Digital EHD for my current XP system. > > However, we may be upgrading soon to a 64-bit WIndows 7 system. > > The box (it was made before W7 was released) does not mention compatibility > with Windows 7. Will is work anyway? As long as the ...

backing up windows mail to flash drive
when exporting to flash drive I am getting an error message saying the directory I am exporting to needs to be empty. I am using a new flash drive; what does the error mean?? You don't backup Windows Mail by exporting. http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDDB8000-5D86-4082-8334-1F9DB0CA7138@microsoft.com... > when exporting to flash drive I am getting an error message saying the > directory I am exporting to n...

PowerPoint 2010 Video Insert Issue
I have upgraded to Office 2010 and have created a Powerpoint presentation. I tried inserting a video clip which worked fine until I tried to save presentation. I get a compatibility box that states the video will be saved as a picture???? Video will not save in slide. Does not work when I open presentation to run. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jack Barret Director of Development First Tee - The Palm Beaches In article <uc5auq7kKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Jack Barrett wrote: > I have upgraded to Office 2010 That's not very wise, I'm afrai...

How ro restore old email from crashed hard drive?
Hi, All: We had an Exchange 5.5 server running at a NT4 server. It crashed a few days ago. So, I rebuilt another Exchange 5.5 on a different NT4 box. It looks like the hard drive from the crashed server is OK and I saved all info from that hard drive. I don't have any backup for the Exchange server. All I have is the information from the crashed harddrive. Now, I need to restore some very important email information from old hard drive. How can I achieve this goal? Help please! Rick you need to restore from an "offline backup", which is essentially a copy of the i...

requirement for project server 2010
hi, Is an I7 720qm processor with 4 Go memory suitable to install project server 2010? Thank you Hi, The System Requirements for Project Server 2010 are posted over at http://www.microsoft.com/global/project/2010/en/us/RichMedia/secondary/server_faq.html Regards, Alex --- www.epmsource.com "swing" <info1arobasesfr.fr> wrote in message news:uhzWVgi2KHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is an I7 720qm processor with 4 Go memory suitable to install project > server 2010? > Thank you > ...

Outlook 2010 Cannot Send or Receve Email
I was unable to either send or receive with Outlook 2010 Beta and then after a reinstall of the latest release. After initial manual setup, I still get error message code 0X8004010F Outlook cannot access file. I have insured the permissions are correct through Mail in Control Panel and through the App itself. I am running Windows 7 and "HomeUsers" has "Full Control" on the security tab. Also, Can Outlook 2007 and 2010 pst files be shared between both apps via a synchronization utility? Please help. ...

extracting data from an old to new hard drive
there are several (and better) ways to do this, but here is the reality: i recently installed a new hard drive after my previous one got locked into an endless reboot cycle. i found no solution to help with this, so i decided to start from scratch. i installed a REAL version of xp onto my new hd to get a way from the oem version that was installed on my old hd. so now my new hd is doing fine, BUT i wish to take data off of my old hd and transfer it to the new one. i installed my old drive as a slave on my pc and tried to open it, but to know avail. i will mention that this dr...

intermediate results 2010
intermediate 1st year results 2010 Check intermediate results 2010 Results at http://knowledgeatheaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/intermediate-results-2010.html Please click above link to view the intermediate 1st year 2010 results. ...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...

Address Book empty
I just installed Office 2010 beta and everything works fine except I can’t see any Address Lists (including not seeing the contents of my Contacts folder when searching for names/e-mail address.) The Address Book is not populated (when selecting “To” there are no entries in the Address Book). Also, when I attempt a search using “Find a Contact”, I get the following error message: “Outlook cannot find the requested contact. The operation failed. An object cannot be found.” (This appears in box which contains a yellow triangle with an exclamation point) Any suggestions as t...

C drive space Low on server
Hi, I have a server running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 which is dangerously low on C drive diskspace. Server has two mirrored drives. The drive has 2 partitions a C and a D. I am running low on the C with plenty of space on D partition. Is there a command I can use to basically take from the D partition and give to the C partition without any reformatting????? > space on D partition. Is there a command I can use to basically take from > the D partition and give to the C partition without any reformatting????? No not really. Consider moving the page file t...

Vista 64 bit
OK, I am so completely feed up with Vista and have been wanting to upgrade to Windows 7, but now my external hard drive has completely failed and was never working correctly with Vista anyway, because of the 64 bit issues so now I need to spend the money on a new external hard drive instead of upgrading to 7. So here's my issue: I understand now that the 64 bit issue was a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue. I was using a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus with an XP machine. The Xp machine died and I got a Vista machine (right before the free upgrade to 7 started. Dang it!). ...

Feedback call to DPM 2010 Beta customers haiving tape backups.
For those who have been using DPM 2010 Beta build, we would like to hear from you about your Beta experience with tape. Please feel free to reply to this thread with all your experiences and suggestions. Kindly us the same thread so that we can have a consolidated feedback. We are looking for any data that you can provide us about your DPM 2010 Tape Feature usage. Specifically: 1) Number of DPM Servers in your environment. 2) Total size of data going to tape. 3) Total number of data sources that are backed up to tape, per DPM Server. 4) Number of tape successful ...

Drive M Permissions in Exhange 2003
My goal is to be able to look at all files and folders under the MBX folder. Where can I change/set the permissions on these files and folders to allow me read access to all of these? Do not modify permissions on the M drive. Don't back it up, don't let AV software touch it. Pretend it doesn't exist. See MSKB 262054 for info on how to grant your account permissions to all mailboxes. crmcm wrote: > My goal is to be able to look at all files and folders under the MBX > folder. Where can I change/set the permissions on these files and > folders to allow me read access to a...

Outlook trying to access my Floppy Drive...
I thought I saw this psoted but I can't find it now.... When I open up Outlook, it starts trying to access my A drive over and over for some unknown reason. Anyone know what the heck it's looking for? When I close Outlook the noises the drive makes when there's no disk in it stop. Then when I open it back up again, they start again. What the hell is it doing? Thanks. "Mr B" <ladeeda@hahaha.com> wrote in message news:95pfiv09sf1qjmoo0o7bph5cqbaoui6j41@4ax.com > I thought I saw this psoted but I can't find it now.... > > When I open up Outlook, it s...

Need larger drives for DB Volume
I currently have an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server (build 6249.4) SP3. Drive C: (33Gig) contains operating system and Exchange program files. Drive E: (67Gig) contains the DB files (MDBDATA folder with priv1.edb and priv1.stm). Drive F: (33Gig) is setup for Exchange log files. Problem: I need to enlarge the DB volume (Drive e:). I was planning on dismounting the store and disabling the Exchange service, doing a file backup/copy of the e:\Exchsrvr directory (which contains \mdbdata folder with the edb and stm files). I was then going to shutdown the server and replace the 3 drives mak...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

compressed photos
I am using publisher 2003. How do I know if a photo has already been compressed? If it's a JPEG, it's already been compressed. Images such as TIFF/BMP/PCX you may not necessarily know. But for those images it doesn't really matter anyways. I don't know if you have a way of determining if a photo in Publisher has been compressed or not. Matt Beals Consultant Enfocus Certified Trainer Markzware Recognized Trainer (206) 201-2320 - Main (720) 367-3869 - eFax mailto:matt@mattbeals.com Come visit me at: http://www.automatetheworkflow.com http://www.mattbeals.com http://forums.m...

Bug in Word 2007/2010 ?
Hello, Type the following line in Word 2007 or 2010. O Brother. Now click on Numbering or Bullets. The letter O disappears. I do not understand why. I tried so many things to solve this problem. Please help me understand what is happening. Talal That looks like a good bug! -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "TITANI" <TITANI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EE12217-AE91-48F8-B4C3-37DD54C728E7@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Type the following line in Word 2007 or 2010. > > O Brother. > > Now click on Numberi...

what files to save for hard drive format
I am going to format my computer soon. I have outlook, and all my pst files stored on a separate drive...so I have all my data bases. However, there are still many other settings in outlook that I would like to save that are not a part of the pst. Can some provide instruction on which files I could copy and replace when I reinstall outlook 2003? Thanks. Hi smokiibear, have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder...

VBA: Insert Page Breaks code is not working in Excel 2010
I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn't in another Excel 2010 machine. It doesn't seem right to me that VBA code would behave differently in different versions of Excel. Am I missing something?? RE: Am I missing something?? Yes, your code. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "iswarya" <u59539@uwe> wrote in message news:a6e77011b51d5@uwe... >I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. > This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn...

Outlook and Exchange 2010 List of Bug Fixes
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calender items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

Confirm File Replace when copying mails to network drive?
Is there a "trick" to overcome the problem that arises when copying a mail to a network drive that has the same name as an existing mail already in the drive? I save useful mails onto my network rather than only in Outlook archives, but as each project has the same name I very often get the "Confirm File Replace" messge that says "this folder already contains a file named xyx. Would you like to replace the existing file with this one?" As these are two separate and different mails, I actually need to keep both! It seems that if all mails are sav...

RPC/HTTPS Exchange 2010 Environment
I am new to Exchange 2010 and have had a group of consultants install our current environment. For most users RPC/HTTPS is working just fine on Outlook 2007/2010. For others their network accounts are constantly getting locked out. We are also running on a Windows server 2008 domain. I am not sure where to start troubleshooting this one. Anyone have any suggestions? Running ExBPA Health Check is a good start. You can, from the local OL Client, run Test Email Configuration to a more detailed report of what may be failing on the local client. I would also check the Exchange Eve...