Can't install DPM2007

When running setup I get to the prerequisites check, components pass, while
checking required hardware - progress at 51% I get message that DPMSetup has
stopped working. I have 2 options, check online which is useless and close
the program. I've tried everything - uninstalled IIS, SQL, manually removed
all entries but it will not install. OS - Server2008 Std 64bit used
exclusively for DPM. I found the following entry in the install log.

Exception :  =>
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.ServiceNotFoundException: NtmsSvc : Service not found
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectHelper.GetServiceConfig(String
serviceName, String machineName, ConnectionOptions wmiConnectionOptions)
   at
Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectConfigs.CheckRsmServiceConfig(InspectContext context)

I started the mtnssvc service manually prior to running setup.

This does not seem to be the problem. please rebuild your wmi repository and
re-run the setup.
Follow these steps:
    1.    Go to elevated command prompt.
    2.    Stop the Windows Management service using "net stop winmgmt".
    3.    Using Windows Explorer, rename the folder
%windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository. (For example,
%windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository_bad). %windir% represents the path to the
Windows directory, which is typically C:\Windows.
    4.    Start the windows management service using "net start winmgmt".
    5.    rebuild the repository using "winmgmt  /salvagerepository".

--
“Thanks,
Nutesh Garg [MSFT]

"johanc" <johanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When running setup I get to the prerequisites check, components pass,
> while
> checking required hardware - progress at 51% I get message that DPMSetup
> has
> stopped working. I have 2 options, check online which is useless and close
> the program. I've tried everything - uninstalled IIS, SQL, manually
> removed
> all entries but it will not install. OS - Server2008 Std 64bit used
> exclusively for DPM. I found the following entry in the install log.
>
> Exception :  =>
> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.ServiceNotFoundException:
> NtmsSvc : Service not found
>   at
> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectHelper.GetServiceConfig(String
> serviceName, String machineName, ConnectionOptions wmiConnectionOptions)
>   at
> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Inspect.InspectConfigs.CheckRsmServiceConfig(InspectContext
> context)
>
> I started the mtnssvc service manually prior to running setup.

0
Nutesh

MSCRM 4 Install Error with Reporting Services / Object Reference S
I am trying to setup CRM 4.0 on windows server 2003 standard SP2 with MSSQL 2005 SP3. I receive error "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server/reportserver. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I found other topics directing to a hotfix, but that hotfix is for MSSQL SP2. I think SRS is configured correctly and the permissions are all set... i am lost as to what to try next. ...

Sql Reporting Installation Guide
HI Friends, Please anybody help me and provide footprint of installation of Sql Reporting Services 2005 for MS CRM 3.0 because when I have installed Sql Reporting Services 2005 that is not working properly.Please suggest me how to install Sql Reporting Services 2005 for Ms CRM 3.0. Thanks Deepak Gupta CRM 3.0 only support SRS 2000, and you will need to develop SRS Reports with VS2003... I dont think that is correct Dodd? I am sure I had 2005 SSRS on my CRM 3.0 install before i upgraded to 4.0 "Dodd" <MDoddio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1fa577bf-858c-45f3-b01e-8dfd...

Uninstalling Office X after installing Office 2004 ?
Hello, is recommended to uninstall Office X after the installation of Office 2004 ??? If this is the case how can I uninstall Office X (Office 2004 have a removal tool). Thanks in advance On 6/2/04 1:52, in article fea900d.0406012352.7fca3224@posting.google.com, "marco" <marco@cacciamognaga.ch> wrote: > Hello, > > is recommended to uninstall Office X after the installation of Office > 2004 ??? If this is the case how can I uninstall Office X (Office 2004 > have a removal tool). > Thanks in advance That is totally up to your personal preferences. It won...

SBS2008 Premium
Good afternoon! I just installed SBS2008 Premium in migration mode (existing SBS2003 environment). I have done this several times but this is thefirst time that SBS2008 was Premium Edition. We are going to install MS SQL on a different server. Well, it looks like I did indeed install MS SQL on the SBS2008 box (which was a mistake). How do I avoid doing that in the future? Thanks, Cary Cary Shultz wrote: > Good afternoon! > > I just installed SBS2008 Premium in migration mode (existing SBS2003 > environment). I have done this several times but t...

Error: You must be a member of domain admins group to install...
Hi, I received following error when I try to install CRM on Windows 2003 server. "You must be a member of domain admins group to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Managment (Microsoft CRM). Make sure that computer is joined to the domain and you are logged on with domain administrator account" I have logged on with domain administrator account and server is joined to domain so why I am getting this error? Domain Controller is Windows 2000 server. Tommi, Windows 2003 is not a currently supported platform for MS CRM. "Tommi" <tgynther@mail.htk.fi> wrote in m...

Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster?
Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster? I'm going to install the latest update for Exchange 2003 plus all needed windows updates. Within the cluster, is there a needed order and any needed steps to due with the cluster service? Thanks In Advance On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:39:16 -0700, "FM" <FM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster? > >I'm going to install the latest update for Exchange 2003 plus all needed >windows updates. Within the cluster, is there a needed order and any needed >st...

PlayReady will not install <pic of error>
Windows 7 64 bit Media Center, Hauppage WinTV-HVR 950 I get this error: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb5l3c&s=6 "An Error was encountered insalling playready..." I have tried to install it via the tools menu, and get the same thing. I don't even need "Playready" (I don't think, all I want is OTA content). And when I choose to skip it's installation the next screen about downloading my regional data is stuck at one bar and stays that way for a long time (more than 15 min.) before I exit. Is there a way re-install WMC, or get to an .ini...

Installing MS CRM for Outlook
I am running into a problem when installing MS CRM for Outlook. Here is the scenario: I installed MS CRM Server, and it's running fine. I can even access the CRM website from each client I autorized (The web address is http://server1, which is the server running CRM Server. I can type http://server1 from all clients, and it is OK). Now that I want to install CRM for Outlook, at the the installation stage it asks me for the CRM website address, so I enter http://server1, but it says that setup cannot find Microsoft CRM server component. Any ideas of how to fic that problem? Th...

SP2 Install
Hi, I feel like a complete idiot asking this but I want to install exchange 2003 sp2, I have downloads it and followed these instructions from the microsoft download page. ----- Instructions 1. Create a folder named SP2 on your local hard disk. 2. Download the E3SP2ENG.exe file into the SP2 folder. 3. In My Computer, open the SP2 folder, and then double-click E3SP2ENG.exe. 4. In the Unzip To Folder dialog box, enter the location of the SP2 folder, and then click the Unzip button. 5. When the self-extraction process is complete, click OK, and then click Close. ----- Now what do...

can't install wave 4 beta
it tells my that I do not have internet connection and therefore it can't download the components... but that is nonsense, I do have internet connection... puzzled Not enough info.. Windows version IE version AV client Third part firewall ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "oppiman" <oppiman(at)live(dot)com> wrote in message news:6D9CADF1-154B-4B99-8AB4-366F7C7DE335@microsoft.com... > it tells my that I do not have internet connection and therefore it can't > download the components... > but that is nonsense, I do have internet connec...

can't get auto update 1.1.2 to install
I have tried for the last week to get the update 1.1.2 to install on my g3 iMac ,running 10.3.9 It meets all the requirements for office but when I try to install the update it stops at the VISE screen. I tried the auto update and a manual install of this update and it just wont work. I just got office for my daughter to do her school work and I need to install the updates. How can I get past this? How exactly do you go about installing the update? Microsoft AutoUpdate comes with Office 2004, so it should already be on your hard disk. Try running the application to get it to update itself...

Installer error -35?
I keep getting an installer error -35 when I try to install Office 2004 = on my=20 G3 pismo. I have rebuilt my permissions and turned off Virus protection. Help!! On 6/7/04 10:37 AM, in article 1967b01c44cb6$247b8490$a001280a@phx.gbl, "Rico" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting an installer error -35 when I try to install Office 2004 on my > G3 pismo. I have rebuilt my permissions and turned off Virus protection. Which OS is on your Pismo? Office 2004 requires 10.2.8 or Panther. -- Paul Berkowitz MVP Entourage Entourage FAQ Page: <http://...

Money 2005 Install
I have Money 2005 on my main computer and want to have a copy on my standby computer. I have installed Money 2005 on both, but when I try to open my data file on the standby computer, I cannot open the existing data file that was created in Money 2005 on my main computer. The system wants to convert the 2005 data file from the main computer, which of course, is already in the current format. I have tried the reinstall process from the Money Support, but it does not have any effect. How can I overcome this problem? On 2005-05-20, Thomas Hill <Thomas> wrote: > I have installed M...

Installing all excell functions ...
Any body nows how to let available all the functions (financial ones),I'm trying to use that formula to check the Yield to Maturity (YIELD) but is not working, I have re-instaled alredy, but is still not working, any Ideas? It's VBA instrument??? Hi Oswald! As well as installing from the CDROM you need to select it using: Tools > Addins Check Analysis ToolPak OK Thereafter the functions will be available every time you open Excel as long as you don't de-select. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Oswald" <annimo@di...

FRx Install
Has anyone seen this: we have installed FRx and all I want to see is the demo companys over in our Solomon. I cannot connect and I have been on a wild goose chase to track down the problem. The error we get is "CheckOFSIConnection 40003: 37000 The cursor was not declared"...help! ...

Install CRM on Default Instance of SQL
Just a reminder here. I'm at a client today on a Monday morning doing a CRM 3.0 deployment , and they provided me with a SQL server with a "Named Instance". I noticed I could not get the Identity of the SQL server during the install. I played around with the system DSN with different port numbers because 1433 would not work, but dynamicly assigned ports will for a named instance of SQL server. But then it dawned on me that the CRM 3.0 install wants the default instance of SQL 2005. Well, I guess they are going to install SQL on a new server, after all. How this helps you...

Installing MDAC 5 for sp5
i'm installing vb6 pro on 64 bit hardware and 64 bit Windows vista home premium following bits and pieces of hints given here. VB6 installed, seems some things are a little shacky, but got to work. now i try to update service pack 5 and it seems it needs MDAC 2.5 to install. I downloaded it and run it. it runs very quickly. Then i try to install SP5 again and get same mistake. It appears the MDAC does not really install. Can anyone help as to why. I happen to have the MDAC 2.0 exec from another computer and that one seems to install properly on the new computer. Do I need so...

Office 2007 Standard
I am attempting to install Office 2007 and I get an error saying it can't find the file osetupui.dll. I searched the CD and the file is in the location it is looking in. When I go to Microsoft's solution center, it won't let me ask the question because it wants an installed version of the software first (it tries to validate the product key). Since it won't install, it verify the key - thus, no support. Could someone help me either fix the issue, or let me know how to contact Microsoft. Thank you. ...

Installation #3
Having had to re-install MS Office 2000 recently, 'Publisher' has not appeared in my program list and I cannot find it on any of the set-up discs. It doesn't appear when I try a 'custom' set-up. Any thoughts on how I can find and re-install it? Publisher is on Disk 2 if you have it at all. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft Newsgroups http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp "Clive S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Unattended installation question
I'm trying to setup an unattended installation of SQL 2008 Express Edition. I want the local administrator of the box to have sysadmin access. How would I put that in the configuration file? Since the Machine name is different depending on the name of the box that I install it on, it can't be hardcoded into the .ini file. I need to use some kind of variable. I tried logging in as .\administrator but that didn't work. Any Ideas? Thanks! ...

Cannot Install WL messenger
Greetins, good and patient IT experts from Microsoft. After installing live call and all the others,the install wizard that installs live messenger online stops at 50% during transfer of messenger itself. Then it reverts everything and I don't have Live Messenger. This is so every time. The error is related to internet connection, but I have downloaded WinXp Sp3 and installed it with no problem. I also used WinUpdate site to download other security updates with 0 problem. Please, if Microsoft has a file that I can download to do this installation OFFLINE, indicate m...

My computer has frozen on the installing updats shut down screen
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Installation date: ‎29/‎04/‎2010 06:49 Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 643 Update type: Important I let the updates install while shutting down, but it just froze for hours and hours until i got fed up and closed it..is there a reason for this? Pick one or two: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asocial.answers.microsoft.com+%22.NET+Framework+1.1+Service+Pack+1%22+%2B+643&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8 problemkid wrote: > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 > I...

Move Mailbox not working after installing Win2k3 sp1
Hey everyone, We are running a Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp1 (in a cluster) and using Outlook 2003. Our Exchnage servers were running Windows 2003 (no service packs). We also have some OWA frontend servers running on Window 2003 (no service packs). Last weekend we installed Windows sp1 on our backend Exchange servers only. Now I can't do a move mailbox on any of my servers. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do? Here is the error I'm getting (Private company info. has be changed): **************************************** <?xml version="1.0" enc...

Dynamics GP Web Services installation | Fatal Error
Am trying to install Web Services for GP 10.0 but as soon as I launch the DynamicsGPWebServices.msi installer it pops up this message: "Your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements for Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP. The supported operating systems are Windows 2003 Server (Standard and Enterprise edition) Small Business 2003, and Windows Vista." It then displays "A fatal error was encountered" and closes. We are on Windows Server 2008 64-bit. I have installed before in Win 2008 so I know it is supported. What could be wrong? Might ...

Exchange 2010 install gone wrong?
Hi all, I think I've made a big mistake. I have a Windows 2003 network I am currently upgrading. Installed two new servers, a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller (transfered all roles) and a Exchange 2010 server. I made the mistake of just installing Exchange 2010 in to the existing network without doing a few commands such as the /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions and preparead. However, things seem to be working fine... I've run these commands after and they completed fine (I know I should have run them before. However, I thought I might reinstall exchange 2010 just...