backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers

I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this
opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal
any server from a single lTO-4 tape  if possible.
During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup
settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the
new DPM server.
Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that
they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do
this if my plan is possible at all?

Thanks

Bill

0
Bill

You cannot simultaneously protect a server directly with two DPM servers.

You dont need to uninstall the agent. A simple SetDPMServer to the other
server should do it and not need any reboots, etc. Refer to

Thanks,

Kapil

"Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
>I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this
> opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore
> bare-metal
> any server from a single lTO-4 tape  if possible.
> During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing
> backup
> settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to
> the
> new DPM server.
> Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so
> that
> they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do
> this if my plan is possible at all?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

0
Kapil

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel 2007

Set request parameters for web services

Grammar check not working

How to restore entire server?

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Please ignore #2

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Exchange 2007 across account search

matching contents #2

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...