Agent not reachable error on Secondary DPM Server

Hi,

We have two DPM 2007 Servers operating within our company. We had an issue
with one of our file servers and therefore had to reinstall the DPM agent via
the DPM Agent tab. This server is backed up on the primary DPM server and
then again on the secondary for redundancy. The primary server can see the
DPM agent no problem and is backing up as expected. The secondary server is
backing up the data as usual, however it is continuious alerting the fact
that the agent isn't reachable.

How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi David thanks for reaching the newsgroup.

        Can you please follow the steps mentioned at:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963870.aspx, the article is
about how to establish communication between primary DPM server and the
production server. You can follow the same steps to enable communication
between Production server and the Secondary DPM server by giving Secondary
DPM servername instead of Primary DPM servername. Please ignore first step
"Setdpmserver.exe <primary DPM server name>" which is not required while
establishing communication between Secondary DPM server and a Production
server.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"David Roberts" <DavidRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have two DPM 2007 Servers operating within our company. We had an issue
> with one of our file servers and therefore had to reinstall the DPM agent
> via
> the DPM Agent tab. This server is backed up on the primary DPM server and
> then again on the secondary for redundancy. The primary server can see the
> DPM agent no problem and is backing up as expected. The secondary server
> is
> backing up the data as usual, however it is continuious alerting the fact
> that the agent isn't reachable.
>
> How can I resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Praveen
1/18/2010 1:53:02 PM
That's perfect, thank you.

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi David thanks for reaching the newsgroup.
>
>         Can you please follow the steps mentioned at:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963870.aspx, the article is
> about how to establish communication between primary DPM server and the
> production server. You can follow the same steps to enable communication
> between Production server and the Secondary DPM server by giving Secondary
> DPM servername instead of Primary DPM servername. Please ignore first step
> "Setdpmserver.exe <primary DPM server name>" which is not required while
> establishing communication between Secondary DPM server and a Production
> server.
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
>
> "David Roberts" <DavidRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have two DPM 2007 Servers operating within our company. We had an issue
> > with one of our file servers and therefore had to reinstall the DPM agent
> > via
> > the DPM Agent tab. This server is backed up on the primary DPM server and
> > then again on the secondary for redundancy. The primary server can see the
> > DPM agent no problem and is backing up as expected. The secondary server
> > is
> > backing up the data as usual, however it is continuious alerting the fact
> > that the agent isn't reachable.
> >
> > How can I resolve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> .

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Relay from unstruted server

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Error in Outlook Today

Microsoft Exchange Server

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

error 553

80070005 error #2

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Server unwilling to process your request
Hi, When I try to change the parent BU for some child BU's, I get the following error "Server unwilling to process your request". There is no obvious reason why this is happening, and it seems that this is not a common error either. However, I would really apprecaite if someone could somehow help me here... Thanks in advance, Nidal this may indicate an issue with your domain controllers. Have your administrators check the event logs on your domain controllers when you try this change again. Are you seeing any other issues? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http:...

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...