Writing Reports with local time reflected

Hi!
  I've been writing reports for CRM3 and all of my time stamps are being
reported in GMT (as they should be). Does anyone have any advice for
generating reports with these times reflected in the users local time zone?
I'd like to write reports for users in different time zones, but have the
times show up (for example activities) as they would have occured in local
time.
  Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Sam,

I'm no expert, but I would assume the reports are being generated on the SQL
reporting server, which is where the time is calculated.

I would imagine you could prompt the user for which timezone they are in,
and change the report accordingly.  Of course, this is a hassle, and would
require a bit of changes to the reports.

Chris.

"Sam" wrote:

> Hi!
>   I've been writing reports for CRM3 and all of my time stamps are being
> reported in GMT (as they should be). Does anyone have any advice for
> generating reports with these times reflected in the users local time zone?
> I'd like to write reports for users in different time zones, but have the
> times show up (for example activities) as they would have occured in local
> time.
>   Thanks!
Chris,
  Thanks for the suggestion! I suppose I could have a drop down with a
select few time zones, but I was kind of hoping for something more elegant
(that I didn't have to re-build for every report). I know that the SQL server
stores all the times in GMT and there is a timezone setting in CRM that makes
the times display correctly. This is likely more of a RS issue, but since
thats how CRM reports get generated, I expected that this may have been run
across here before. I don't see a 'set your timezone' option in the RS
interface of my client where I expect this would have to be...
  -Sam
------=_NextPart_0001_0A6B66BC

<Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion! I suppose I could have a drop down with a
> select few time zones, but I was kind of hoping for something more
elegant
> (that I didn't have to re-build for every report). I know that the SQL
server
> stores all the times in GMT and there is a timezone setting in CRM that
makes
> the times display correctly. This is likely more of a RS issue, but since
> thats how CRM reports get generated, I expected that this may have been
run
> across here before. I don't see a 'set your timezone' option in the RS
> interface of my client where I expect this would have to be...

Actually, the reports shipped with CRM calculate timezone inside the query,
using a SQL stored function that is installed with CRM.  Likewise, the CRM
application also calculates timezone itself.  There is no automatic setting
for Reporting Services.

To save yourself the trouble of writing such a funciton, and to be
consistent with the oher reports, you could also use the stored function.
But note: this function is not supported, and may change in future versions
of CRM.  However, there really aren't that many options to calculating
timezone, so any future changes should be easy to sync up to.

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
\par > Thanks for the suggestion! I suppose I could have a drop down with a
\par > select few time zones, but I was kind of hoping for something more elegant
\par > (that I didn't have to re-build for every report). I know that the SQL server
\par > stores all the times in GMT and there is a timezone setting in CRM that makes
\par > the times display correctly. This is likely more of a RS issue, but since
\par > thats how CRM reports get generated, I expected that this may have been run
\par > across here before. I don't see a 'set your timezone' option in the RS
\par > interface of my client where I expect this would have to be...
\par
\par
\par Actually, the reports shipped with CRM calculate timezone inside the query, using a SQL stored function that is installed with CRM.  Likewise, the CRM application also calculates timezone itself.  There is no automatic setting for Reporting Services.
\par
\par To save yourself the trouble of writing such a funciton, and to be consistent with the oher reports, you could also use the stored function.  But note: this function is not supported, and may change in future versions of CRM.  However, there really aren't that many options to calculating timezone, so any future changes should be easy to sync up to.
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0A6B66BC--

0
taoyue
10/24/2006 12:46:14 AM
Are you using the CRM Filtered views for your report? For date/time columns,
these have UTC and local versions of the date/time, I believe. I assume the
"local" version would be automatically determined by the credentials of the
user running the report

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Chris,
>  Thanks for the suggestion! I suppose I could have a drop down with a
> select few time zones, but I was kind of hoping for something more elegant
> (that I didn't have to re-build for every report). I know that the SQL
> server
> stores all the times in GMT and there is a timezone setting in CRM that
> makes
> the times display correctly. This is likely more of a RS issue, but since
> thats how CRM reports get generated, I expected that this may have been
> run
> across here before. I don't see a 'set your timezone' option in the RS
> interface of my client where I expect this would have to be...
>  -Sam

0
Peter

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

class unable to write the memory
Hi I've got a class like this class MyClass{ .... somemethods .... protected: int a; } MyClass::MyClass(){ a = 1; } I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, like I always do, but this time the constructor is unable to modify the memory With the step by step debug I see the 'a' var set to random value as usual, when the compiler runs the 'a=1;' instruciont, the a variable mantains its random value. How is this possible? > I call the class constructor in the Doc constructor, Are you explicitly calling the constructor or it is being called because...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Behind the times
Behind the times, I know. I have recently graduated from Office 2000 to 2003. In 2000, when I would insert a picture I could format it with one or more items (line, line color, position, etc) and then move on to the next jpg, hit the F4 key and the photo would have the same formatting. That doesn't seem to work in 2003. Help files discuss "repeat" on the edit menu, but it doesn't seem to work on a pic. What am I missing here? This is going to be a pain to format each picture individually. I don't have 2003 handy to check, so I'm not sure what t...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

Open excel sheet twice at same time?
Hi, Probably a question asked all the time, but I often have trouble opening a file after making a desktop shortcut to an excel file. When opening, it gives an error message about opening a file with the same name at the same time (even though I'm not). The error message continues by saying that it doesn't matter if the files are in different folders and suggests renaming one of the files. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert No reason I can think of that would cause Excel to load the file twice irrespective of launching it from a shortcut. Couple of things to check: - The file isn'...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

Time entered (and handled as data) in simple minutes and seconds.
Using Excel 2003. How can I get Excel to display and handle entries for duration in minutes and seconds only (without having to enter a 4'30" entry as 0:04:30)? I have gotten as far as getting it to display as "04:30.0", but all I need is single digit minutes (data on this spreadsheet will never go over 9:59) and double digit seconds (and to be able to enter them simply as in "4:30"). I couldn't find that as an option in the ones listed for time in the cell format dialogue box. Right now I have to enter 0:04:30 in order to get it to work right. Is t...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...