Workplace page - email folder question

two questions

Firstly, what is this folder supposed to contain. The End-user course says
that it contains 'All inbound and assigned draft emails'. This seems to be
true - if I assign an unsent email to a colleague, it shows up in his
'email' folder; and emails sent to him show up in his.

So the first question is - is this a full description of what is supposed to
be in there? We have some cases where emails are 'stuck' in there - they
aren't inbound and haven't been assigned, so why do they show up?

Secondly - and this is related to the first - what can I do with these? In
particular for the inbound messages (and the 'stuck' emails mentioned
above), the only available actions are 'close', which closes the window;
assign, which assigns to someone else, and 'delete' - which deletes the
email itself. If we choose delete, the email of course disappears from the
entire system. I don't want this to happen - an inbound email such as
"Here's the purchase order" is something I'd want to keep - but at the same
time I don't want to see an ever-growing email folder.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just misunderstand the functionality?

Regards

Martin

0
Martin
10/25/2004 2:13:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

IMap not showing folders except Inbox
Hi everyone, Using sbs 2003, outlook 2003 sp2. Configured imap (much easier then configuring Exchange account) on a pc but only the inbox is showing all other 'folders' are missing. Any suggestion as to what might have gone wrong is much appreciated. Regards, Smiley Do you have the correct logon name syntax: Imap4 username syntax is "domain/username/mailboxalias" configure outbound smtp username as "domain/username" and require authentication. "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:eqai39$p3c$1$830fa7a5@news.demon...

in-place upgrade question
Current environment: Exchange 2000 installed on Windows 2000 (all service packs and updates). We're currently in Ex2k native mode (no 5.5). Goal environment: Exchange 2003 installed on Windows 2003. Question: In performing an in-place upgrade of this type (2000 -> 2003), which should we upgrade first, Windows or Exchange? Thanks! Hi Jim, You first need to upgrade Exchange to 2003, then windows. See the following MS KB article titled "Considerations when upgrading to Exchange server 2003" for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5B...

sorting question #6
basic question.... when sorting a list you are usually able to click o the column you want sorted and it will sort the entire list. in m workbook, it is going out of its way to exclude the first row from th sort. even when highlighting the entire list, excel will readjust th highlight to exclude the first row. i've tried formatting the cell and i've tried using apostrophes ('). any other suggestions -- apple ----------------------------------------------------------------------- apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View ...

A question about PCM wave file.
Hi all. I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits PCM wave file. I use the following formula 16Bits_sample = (8Bits_sample - 128)<<8. Affter converting there is some noise in 16Bits PCM wave file. Is my formula is correct? and Does anybody have another method to reduce the noise? Please help me. Thanks and best regard. You shouldn't need to do the subtraction. char samp8; short samp16; .... samp16 = (short)samp8 << 8; .... "Binh Nguyen Van" wrote: > Hi all. > > I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits P...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

Live Mail Question Please
If this is not the correct group for a Live Mail question please direct me. Simple question. I use Live Mail only for newsgroups (Win 7 of course). Is there a way to set it up to boot to Newgroups as the default screen as opposed to Mail (I always have to then click on Newsgroups)? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes, this is not the correct newsgroup, but see this: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=a4dc3494-0dfc-4893-a5ef-8eb1bb2d7ff9&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1 WLMail can b...

CEdit and MDI Questions (Newbie)
We are looking at possibly redoing an old instrument interface. Since it is not a real hot project, I am looking at it as an opportunity to build some MFC skills. To try to get a handle on things at a high level, I have a couple of questions: 1) In terms of picking an SDI or MDI application, I am picturing the instrument control somewhat like the VC++ IDE: a pane for actual instrument control, a pane for information (text) coming back, a pane for general set-up, etc, etc. This seems to point towards a MDI application. Best I can tell so far for a SDI application, I would have one ...

Anyway To Always bcc same email address automatically
Is there anyway to set up a rule or something so that everytime I send an email it is bcc'd to a specific email address? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services rick@rbdata.com Do not know if this works in 2003 but here is a link to some code that will do this for 2000: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick Bellefond asked: ...

CListCtrl and paging???
hi anybody I know CListCtrl can display items per page, for instance if table contains 1 millions records or 10. for display items from that table we should divide all items per pages and display that pages in CListCtrl. Question: how to do this - I mean API. If somebody have source - send me pl. I'm not sure what you are asking, but a virtual list control sounds like a possibility. "Nothing" <Vinnitsky@msn.com> wrote in message news:e7HghgajDHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi anybody > > I know CListCtrl can display items per page, for instance if tabl...

Duplicated Email
Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 address is placed in the to: or cc: field, then when the email is received everyone receives 1 copy per addresse, in other words exchange is reading the resend as well as the to: and cc Is this a bug within exchange 2003, is there a way of configuring exchange to not look at the resend in the header. Using some kind of POP3 "connector"? Richard Schofield wrote: > Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 addres...

Emailing Question from my DB
Presently I have a this code to email my Report when I close it, Is there any way that I can code my Batch Report to email remembering each report may have a different email address?? Below Is my Print Batch Invoice & My emailing code for single Report ------------------------------------------- Case "PrintInvoiceBatch" If IsNull(tbDateFrom.value) Or tbDateFrom.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDateTo.value) Or tbDateTo.value = "" Then MsgBox "Please Enter the Begining Date and End Date.", vbApplicationModal + vbInform...

Missing Email Attachments
Hi all, please help! We have been sent emails from a partner company which are missing attachments. Upon investigation they have been sending emails composed in rich text format. KB 138053 provided this... "When an end user sends mail to the Internet from an Exchange Windows or Outlook client, a file attachment called Winmail.dat may be automatically added to the end of the message if the recipient's client cannot receive messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The Winmail.dat file contains Exchange Server RTF information for the message, and may appear to the recipient as a bina...

extra blan page
I have a report and set footer force new page after section. The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new page after section. Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of report when the report force new page after footer section set? Your information is great appreciated, iccsi wrote: I have a report and set footer force new page after section. > >The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new >page after section. > >Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of &g...

Workflow generated email for reassignment of Opportunity
We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a workflow process in place that can handle my intentions? Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just can't use a template. For some reason, it was setup this way. You could code a ...

"To: contains a phrase" filter does not work for outgoing emails
I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work for emails sent from my outlook. How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: field? O. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an > email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work > for emails sent from my outlook. > How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: > field? Use the "wit...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

Unread messages in Public Folders
Hi all, I have two problems with public folders: - OWA nor Outlook doesn't display count of unread messages, regardless whether per-user read/unread information is checked or not - I'm unable to setup Outlook to show desktop alert on new messages in any public folder; the dummy rule with display desktop alert option doesn't work - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Robert On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:21:05 +0100, "Robert Goldwein" <robert.goldwein@dtptools.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have two problems with public folders: >- OWA nor Outlook doesn&#...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

Scheduling Outgoing Emails?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've seen this question asked before but it hasn't been answered. Is there a way to schedule outgoing messages in Entourage so that you can write a series of emails, schedule them, and have them run on their own? <br><br>Thanks. On 5/16/10 10:41 AM, in article 59bb88f7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "johanna@officeformac.com" <johanna@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is there a way to schedule outgoing messages in Entourage so that you can > write a se...