Workflow using Email Template is paused

I have created a work flow rule that sends an email using a template.
However, it shows up as paused in the Workflow Monitor.  When I create the
same rule without the template and use Send Email then it works fine!  Is
ther an issue when using templates?
--
Dave
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Dave,

Jut had a similar thing happen a few minutes ago in my testing of a Sales
Process.  It paused and hung because the contact did not have an e-mail
address.  We also discovered, which someone may be able to help answer, that
the workflow monitor showed it paused but something appears to be wrong with
the workflow monitor.  Firstly there should be a dropdown list for the entity
and it is not, so have to type in. Then when I choose something other than
summary, nothing lists in the processes list where there should be a couple
of items there.

I was unable to bypass the sales stage in the opportunity and it gave me one
of those error that says nothing other than you have an error, and was unable
to locate it in the workflow monitor to cancel.  Actually had to delete the
opportunity and with it all its tasks and redo it.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your forthcoming assistance!

Shauna

"CRMDave" wrote:

> I have created a work flow rule that sends an email using a template.
> However, it shows up as paused in the Workflow Monitor.  When I create the
> same rule without the template and use Send Email then it works fine!  Is
> ther an issue when using templates?
> --
> Dave

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

Out of Box Approval Workflow & Error Msg
I have set up an out-of-box approval workflow ... to 2 individuals (1 is myself). The other person, like me, gets the system-generated Task email, but when she clicks edit this task, the following error message appears: "This task cannot be updated at this time". I tested the permission level at contribute and full control and the error message continues. The edit this task fucntion works for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

IE8 uses 95+% of cpu after update to sp3
I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening and IE8 was using up to 99%. My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and it was running a lot faster. Apps load and run faster after sp3 but not IE8. Thanks for any suggestions mx5 wrote: > I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is > running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening > and IE8 was using up to 99%. > > My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and...

Workflow which start it self stops after 10 iterations.
I've created a workflow which checks the Estimated Close Date, closer than 2 days from today, on an Opportunity and sends an email to the user and adds another 2 days to Estimated Close Date. Then it calls it self. After 10 times of doing this I get an error saying that that the workflow has stopped with an error telling that the workflow is calling it self too many times. Any way to turn of this ? Or any workaround ? Kay ...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Coding Convention for using Binary FlagWords?
Hi all --- I'm thinking of putting the .Tag property to use by using a binary ("bitwise") encoded flag word. Over time I've come across different possible uses for .Tag but have never standardized how I use it. Has someone developed a convention for "parsing" binary flag words? A simple IF works if I only need to test for one flag, but if I need to check for the presence of multiple bits the only construct that comes to mind is a series of IF statements .... something along the lines of: Enum FlagWord FlagA = 1 FlagB = 2 FlagC = 4 .......

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

using std::deque in multiple threads
I have a thread that listens on a message queue and populates a std::deque with events from that message queue, but only holds the latest 100. In my main thread, I want to populate a listbox with the information from that deque. So, it ends up being that one thread can add/remove items from the deque while another thread is trying to iterate through them. How can I make this thread-safe? Thanks, PaulH The code looks a bit like this: std::deque<MESSAGE_TYPE> m_dequeMessages; CMyClass::MessageThread() { //... while (ReadMsgQueue(hMsgQueue, &msg,...)) { m_dequeMessages.pu...

Use a wildcard within edit/replace
Hello Is there a method of using a wildcard function within edit/replace (in Excel 2003) so that I can tweak the way a formula works? The example I have is the following formula =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)) which I would like to change to =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000"),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)) The issue is (I think) that this formula is repeated many times over in one column over a number of worksheets - therefo...

Wordwrapping a long sentence using F2, how to end the process?
Using Excel 2002...I pasted in a long sentence, and it goes off the right side of the screen. I know that I can make it word wrap by hitting F2. I've done that and it works nicely. But I was told that I could end this process by hitting Alt-Enter, and that doesn't work... all that happens after Alt-Enter is a blank new row opens up below the word-wrapped rows. If I hit Alt-Enter again, another blank row opens up below. How can I end this F2 word-wrap and go on with other business. John alt-enter is used to force a new line in a cell. If you want to wrap the text a...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

Mobile using up CPU
Hi there Since we installed CRMMobile our (new) server has been SO SLOW! SqlServer is taking anywhere from 69 - 99% cpu time (mostly around 99) I have run sql profiler and discovered that many times a second the following transactions are running: exec sp_executesql N'SELECT recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort,sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort, MIN(arrivalDate) as minArrivalDate, count(*) as messageCount FROM vwInBoundQueue WHERE recipientAddr=@recipientAddr AND recipientSrvcPort=@recipientSrvcPort GROUP BY sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort,recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort ORDER BY minArrivalDat...

how can i start using excel for the first time?
i cant figure out how to get excel to work for me and im a first time user of it? i Cant get nothing to work on it? can anyone please help me here Paul Can you get Excel to start up? Can you get a blank workbook to open via File>New? For basics on Excel see.......... http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:02 -0800, "Paul Scheffer" <Paul Scheffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i ...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...