Workflow question, regarding emailing to owner of another entity

I am trying to create a workflow rule to send email to account owner after
two weeks when service ticket regarding to account is closed.

When I'm creating email I can only find following available logical users
(account/contact, account, contact,owner's manager, owner). I need to send
the email to account owner. Is this possible somehow??

example case.
Customer Test has owner Ted Tester, and his team member creates service
ticket to Customer Test and closes it. I would like to send email to Ted
Tester after two weeks after ticket is closed. As a reminder. I can send the
email to team member who own's the ticket. Or the customer directly, but not
to the owner of the account.
0
matarvai (2)
1/20/2008 8:21:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
You are right, email cannot be sent to account owner in your case through
built in features of workflows but here is the simple workaround.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/15/sending-email-via-workflow-as-different-user.aspx

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"matarvai" wrote:

> I am trying to create a workflow rule to send email to account owner after
> two weeks when service ticket regarding to account is closed.
>
> When I'm creating email I can only find following available logical users
> (account/contact, account, contact,owner's manager, owner). I need to send
> the email to account owner. Is this possible somehow??
>
> example case.
> Customer Test has owner Ted Tester, and his team member creates service
> ticket to Customer Test and closes it. I would like to send email to Ted
> Tester after two weeks after ticket is closed. As a reminder. I can send the
> email to team member who own's the ticket. Or the customer directly, but not
> to the owner of the account.
0
imumar (138)

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

Junk Emails
We are using Exchange Server 2000 SP3. Recently there have been many junk emails coming to our domain. Please let us know how we can stop such junk emails in exchange server. Secondly, when we click in Current Sessions in Exchange Systems Manager, we get a message SMTP Configuration window saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Please if anybody can help us to stop the junk emails of 1 kb. There are more than 1000 such emails in our Q by which our server is always busy sending / receiving unwanted emails. Regards, Athar -- Athar Sagri atharsagri <atharsagr...

Simple lookup question
I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" or "no" would suffice to tell me whether the A1 value exists anywhere in columns B:K. Thanks much, Ryan Try =IF(COUNTIF(B:K,A1),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in > A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" > ...

crm 4.0 mui packs performance question
does installing MUI packs on the server and office client affects the performance of the crm server? any review or document on this matter? While I have not seen any official data on the subject, I would be surprised if it had much effect. Installing (and provisioning) a MUI pack does essentially 3 things: 1. Installs the resource assembly 2. Adds strings to the database (LocalizedLabel) 3. Adds language specific templates for email and kb articles. 1 should have no effect, 2 and 3 above will have a small affect due more data in the tables, but it should not be much. "Benjamin ...

migration question #13
hello and happy new year i am trying to migrate from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Since we never used public folders in exchange 5.5, do I need to migrate public folders using pfmigrate? or can i just setup replication for schedule and free busy and offline address books and once in sync, i can remove the old exchange 5.5? thanks No need to migrate PFs if you have none. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "xiyan" <noemail@email.com> wrote in message news:uMVQbxSLHHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hello and happy new ...

SIMPLE question re Tent Fold Card from a Newbie
Hi I am TRYING unsuccessfully to do the following Using Publisher 2002 I want to set up my own template to print Happy Easter at the bottom right hand corner of a tent card ... Card is: 20 cm wide and 19 cm high when OPEN ...20 cm wide and 10 cm high When FOLDED. I would like wording Happy Easter at the Bottom of the ront on the right hand side ( to start approx 1cm in from teh right hand edge and cover area of approx 6 cms.. I have managed to do this and print this on an A4 page with crop marks BUT I am wanting to use ready made card blanks... HoW can I get his to work I see under p...

E2K7 Storage questions: SAN vs. DAS
I beginning to plan our 2007 migration and have some questions about storage requirements. We are currently using SAN attached storage for Exchange 2003 clusters, but with CCR the shared storage is no longer a requirement. If we stick with SAN attached, we'll need to double what we have to go with CCR. What are most big shops going to do? Stick with SAN or go DAS? What are the details as far as data throughput. Can any DAS offerings compete? It's not quite double I think. On the active node, you need usable space. On the passive node you need usable space + space reserva...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

Category question
I've created categories and have applied to specific people in my email address book in Outlook Here's my question. How to I see a listing of all the emails that are in a particular category. I want to be able to say, import into a word document or something like that. This list isn't huge ... maybe 50 - 60 names, but it would be nice to access from the category rather than having to go into each address and copy paste from Outlook into a Word document. I want to distribute this list of a membership to each of the members and I'm unable to find an "easy" way to d...

another OGA question
I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as a genuine, new copy. It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and installed with no problems using the product key in the box. After downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after reboots. The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation, not with the authenticity of the software. I ca...

Bug! Error Bars Inherited from Another Workbook
Got an odd one here. I have suite of macros that create a workbook with a number of sheets, containing charts from a number of separate workbooks. The charts show a number of series, including a mean with custom error bars, taken directly from two columns in the source data, spec for the + bars ='C:\Temp\[Some_File_Or_Other.xls]Data_Sheet'!$CK$2:$CK$366, and the following column for the - bars. I run the macro once, and save the resultant chart-filled workbook as DirectoryA/FileA.xls. I change the data in the source workbooks, rerun the macro and save the results as DirectoryB/FileB...

Question 04-23-10
Hi All, I have created a database that stores information about gauges/items within our company and tracks it's location, whether the item has changed location, is in a repair state, being calibrated, on loan to a different department, etc. When a user updates a serial number (currently we have generic serial numbers and are putting the correct serial numbers in it's place) the serial number changes and the data is saved to the database. My database has many relationships to keep the data integrety(sp) in check. The problem I am having is that once the user has changed the...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

How to copy VB macro from one spreadsheet to another?
How do I copy a VB macro from one spreadsheet to another. One way is to open both wb's at the same time; select "show code", find the sheet or module in the source wb that contains the macro, highlight the code and copy. Select the desired sheet or module in the target wb and paste... :cool: Ben -- protonLeah ------------------------------------------------------------------------ protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32097 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531743 ...

Problems setting sending and receiving emails
I keep getting this message when i try to send an email. I am not sure if my windows mail is set up correctly. Help I do not know what to do. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17 "POP3" and "SMTP...

EMail, subject, font
Now we have a problem. CRM mail works fine. We can send and receive e-mail. Everything is working fine except that the CRM Email router can not determine if an incoming email is relevant to Microsoft CRM when email subject contains non latin symbols (cyrillic for example). We can send email with cyrillic symbols in subject. Recipient (Contact) receives it. He can read it. When he replies we receive email in Outlook but not in CRM. But we receive email in CRM if recipient completely deletes subject (not GUID) and retype the subject in latin during reply. We also receive email in CRM ...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

Exch 5.5
New spam method: * for any given email server - format the header with an INVALID recipient - format the header so that the "Reply-to:" is the intended victim on the spammer's list This allows them to relay off of any server because the server will reply with a non-deliverable report returning the original message to the address in the "Reply-to:" field. Spam accomplished. So, if the incoming email is addressed to an invalid recipient (nosuchuser@mydomain.com), is there a way to force Exchange 5.5 to automatically delete the email to prevent an NDR from be...

CryptoAPI Question
Hi all, I am a beginner in using CryptoAPI and i'd like to know the answer for a simple question. I am using a CSP ( CALG_RSA_KEYX ) to generate keys. Would the same CSP be present in the machines of my clients who have Windows 2000 and above ? Is it enough to redistribute crypt32.lib along with my application to ensure it ? Bottomline : What do i have to do in order to ensure that my client also has the same CSP ? Thanks a lot in advance. With regards, Koizumi microsoft.public.platformsdk.security is the right newsgroup to post that kind of questions (about Cry...

SUMIF Question #10
:mad: I still is not working -- mksullvn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mksullvn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15097 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267280 1. Patience is a virtue 2. Please don't multipost - keep things in a string 3. See Frank's and my response to your earlier post. >-----Original Message----- > >:mad: I still is not working > > >-- >mksullvn >---------------------------------------------------------- -----------...

Sending folder contents to another
Is there a way to send the entire contents of a folder (about 50 individual reports) to someone via email? If not, can the contents be efficiently copied to that person's computer within the LAN? Thanks. If you are using Exchange, why not just give permissions to the other user to open that folder and read/copy the contents themselves? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

I want to block sending email to an address
I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want to block sending messages to co-worker John Smith. How do I do that? Change the way the name appears in your address book, or manually put in the email address? "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AFE084-FC9A-46B2-98CA-D50150941C88@microsoft.com... :I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep : sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want ...

Can't attach photos to email
I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. Suggestions? shedrums wrote: > I have Vista. I just tried to email someone & I attached some scanned photos > from "Pictures" but keep getting a message saying that "some of the files > could not be found and won't be sent." I closed out all other applications. > Suggestions? You get ...