Workflow query

I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
event).

Any ideas?

PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You won't be able to this by workflows.  You'll need to write custom code to
trap the Update event.

"Datapac" wrote:

> I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> event).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
MS has just released a set of tutorials and sample set. It includes an
example to tackle your problem.

A Business Process and Workflow Accelerator for Microsoft CRM Version 1.2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8D31A81C-E369-4E07-8268-6E2407C6BF14&displaylang=en

HTH,

Gaurav Dalal

"Datapac" wrote:

> I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> event).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
If it's ANY UPDATE event that would be tough.  But if you didn't mean that
literally ....

You can set a workflow to check the conditon of a field for an object.  Set
the workflow to kick off on Create and then use Check Object Conditon.  A
simple example, when an Account accounttypecode = Standard then perform a
specific action.  These options are possible throughout Workflow.

"Ambuj" wrote:

> You won't be able to this by workflows.  You'll need to write custom code to
> trap the Update event.
>

> "Datapac" wrote:
>
> > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> > event).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
You can just use a wait condition. Set up a workflow rule that starts
on case create and use a Wait condition that will sit idle until the
field/value that you set up is changed to the value that will trigger
your event....

0
SteveT
12/23/2004 9:35:34 PM
This will work, as long as you only want the event to fire once.  If you need
this to monitor the record for more than 1 change, than this won't work.  This
can also increase the overhead on the system as the workflow tables will have a
extra records in there for these rules.

An alternative is to implement a Post-Callout.  It's not as easy, but it will
work.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 23 Dec 2004 13:35:34 -0800, "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote:

You can just use a wait condition. Set up a workflow rule that starts
on case create and use a Wait condition that will sit idle until the
field/value that you set up is changed to the value that will trigger
your event....

0
Matt

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

CRM4 Workflow
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? Thanks! Sindy Hi The "timeout" attribute works similar to the Wait for Timer in the Workflow Manager of CRM 3.0. You can set the workflow to execute after a predetermined amount of time. Regards Mark "Sindy" wrote: > Hi, > I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in > the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? > > Thanks! > > Sindy ...

how to write condition in a query
If I wan to perform some calculation in the query if the condition meet, how can combine the below statement tgt in one field? Minutes: IIf([start]>DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",[start],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]! [datedaily1]![date],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]>[forms]![datedaily...

Workflow Processes
Hi, Seem to be having issues with my workflows generally they work fine, however sometimes they automatically cancel and do not work. I can see this through the workflow monitor. Has anybody else had this issue and know what causes it? Thanks. Matthew ...

Pass Through Query Translation
How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over this for a day now? SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); I keep getting an error '"YEAR": 'Invalid Identifier' Thanks. Kou Kou Vang wrote: > How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over > this for a day now? > > SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE > FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT > WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); > > I keep getting an error '"YEAR":...

Workflow Rule Event for modification???
Hi; I want to set a workflow rule so that the system sends a Task to the owner of every contact that has not been modified since 3 months. I don't know what event is appropriate: it is not Create. I thought it would be Manual, but it doesn't work either... Can someone help me? Thanx! ...

Problem importing data via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

I'm SOOO tired of delete queries failing!
running access 2k; I have 2 queries - BOTH should work as far as I can see, and NEITHER does; each reporting "could not delete from specified table". Obviously, they are 2 attempts to complete the same deletion task, which is to delete every record found in the ZQ_delete-dups recordset from the Q_patients recordset. Sounds simple, looks simple, s/b simple, but apparently it's not. I believe either of these would work under sql-server.... Here's the first query: DELETE Q_patients.* FROM Q_patients WHERE (((Q_patients.T_contacts.contact_id) In (select ZQ_delete_dups.contact...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

Display Query from form in Foreground
I have a form upon which the user selects display, filter and sort fields. He then clics the submit button and a query is built and then displayed with the following code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "Queryname", acNormal, acEdit The query works but shows up in the background and cant be clicked on until the form is closed. The idea was to create a form on which the user could do adhoc queries until he gets it right and then click another button to do the Excel extract. Is there a way to show the query in the foreground? On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:27 -0800, rmcompute wrote: > I ha...

WorkFlow Email Notifications
Hello, When setting up email notifications in the Workflow, is there a way to have CRM email a link to the item it is refering to? For example, we have a workflow to send an email to the owner when the owner of a contact is changed. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks, Chris use email templates. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Chris Brown" wrote: > Hello, > > When setting up email notifications in the Workflow, is there a way to have > C...

Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....
Hi, I have nearly finished my database and I would like to add a query that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo box, but where to start !!!!!!!! Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to start..........? Many Thanks Joe Joe The generic approach you'd use is: * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your query would need * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the form's combo box's value: ...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

LDAP Query #5
I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... This works for one: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) this does NOT work for multiple: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com)(mail=*@123.com))) Does anyone know the correct syntax? Thank you for any help! "JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote: >I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... > >This works for one: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) > >this does NOT work for multiple: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(ma...

Pass Through query with criteria on a form
I have a Pass Through query that looks like this. select Location,City,State,Country,Pings from (select sd_term_name_loc as 'Location', sd_term_city as 'City', sd_term_st as 'State', sd_term_cntry as 'Country', count(sd_key)as 'Pings' from detail (nolock) where -- ***** The dates below refer to the date and time at which the transaction was loaded to PRM. -- ***** -- ***** The number of pings which have occurred BETWEEN those dates/times will be counted. -- ***** -- ***** Enter the date/time in the format '09/16/2007 14:00:00.000...

Search and replace query

Queries Versus Views
I have written many Access reports I would now like to make available via MS SS RS. Many of my reports rely on queries that relies on 2-3-4 other queries. Nested queries, sub-queries, whatever you want to call them. Often this is because of differences between the ways I need the data (one row, many columns) and the way it is stored (many rows, one column). What is the most efficient way to deal with nested queries, sub- queries, or whatever in MS SS RS? Create views instead of queries? I don't seem to be able to create one data set based on another... Thanks, Patr...

Work with web query file
How can i get data from a iqy file?? [PS] E:\>dir *.iqy Directory: E:\ Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 10-May-10 10:07 AM 758 owssvr.iqy [PS] E:\>$a = New-Object -ComObject excel.application [PS] E:\>$iqy = $a.Workbooks.Open(".\owssvr.iqy") Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "'.\owssvr.iqy' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying t...

Calculations, Queries and making it all come together in my table
hello, I am trying to create a very simple database (I'm pretty new to Access). In my main table it have a field call % Safe which is to show the results a calculation. I understand I should create a query. I have two issues - one, the calculation I created doesn't seem to work. I created a simple query based on the fields in my main table, in the query field called % Safe, under Criteria I entered = [# Safe]-[# Unsafe]/[# Safe]. now, I assumed it would look at the data entered in the main table, perform the calculation and BAM present me with answer in this field. ...

Workflow: assigning activities to another users
Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some user... could at least be done by calling a workflow assembly which you would have to write ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Rock3" <Rock3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69D8B77C-7B33-45B9-BE9D-2EE721CB9F28@microsoft.com... > Is it possible in some way? I want to assing workflow-created task to some > user... ...

Tricky Accounting query
Hi All, Sorry for the 'not so descriptive' subject - but there wasn't enough room to write "Need help with Financial data from multiple tables to follow where a transaction went". :-D I have 8 tables - all identical - for 8 different 'accounts' (not bank accounts, but accounting 'accounts'). I have been asked if I can pull data from the 8 to try and follow a 'transaction' through these accounts. I had thought a crosstab query might do the trick, but was having difficulties in putting it together. So I then started by creating a...

The query could not be processed: Error opening data file
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks Trying other...

Querying
I have been playing with MS Query in Excel2000, and have noticed that when I type data that contains both numbers and letters, query doesn't recognise it and does not display it. I have tried to format the cell so that it is recognised as text but still it does not recognise it. It is also interesting to note that MS Query puts a decimal point and a 0 behind the data that are numbers. Please tell me what I have to do to make MSQuery recognise data that contains both numbers and letters ...