Workflow Engine -- Firing on Change to a Field in Existing Record

Hi,

Has anyone found an acceptable work-around to fire off an automated workflow
rule when a value in a field of an EXISTING record changes?  Out-of-the-box
you can only trigger rules to run when a record is created, the status
changes (active or inactive) or run manually.

Alan

0
Alan
1/29/2004 11:47:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

fields
anyone know if you can put in a formula to automatically populate a field. I created the attributes in deployment manager.. added the fields. but the third field I want to be a product of the two? E.g. total or margin! Thanks for any help. Hi Joe, As far as I am aware there is no support for calculated fields. It would be possible to trigger an OnChange event, but in order to do so, you would need to link it to a picklist (combo box) on the form. This could then perform a calculation and assign it to the field that you want. Pretty ordinary solution, I know... but you work with wha...

Change Collation failed in RMS Headquarters
I need change collation from default to Chinese. A blank database is created in Headquarters Administrator and then Change Collation command is executed. But a Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. > How can I do it? Remove from your database the constraint CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType, and when you changed collation add it the constraint. bye antonio hi, Antonio Thanks for your reply. Now I removed CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType and changed co...

How do I join 2 fields to limit criteria?
I am trying to set a criteria with an OR clause in between 2 fields. Let's call the 2 fields Field1 and Field2. I'm trying to do this example: Only show the records that have this criteria: Field1 = A, and Field2 = B,C,D,E,F,G These 2 fields contain the same type of data, and we need to limit the criteria together between the 2 fields?? Any ideas on how to do this when using excel to build a query in Microsoft query? Christen You could use an advanced filter. Assuming field1 and field2 refer to columns A and B, type this into an open cell (say M22) outside the data table: ...

Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime
Hi, Outlook version 2007 VS2008 Using VSTO and Redemption I need to change the following settings at runtime Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane Wait [ ] seconds before marking the item as read. Mark item as read when selection changes. All the above settings are on a form found here: Tools --> Options --> Other --> Reading Pane The registry settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences] I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these settings again without ...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

How to add custom field to Task Form in Outlook2k?
I have created custom fields for task and want to add them to the form that pops up when I create a new task. I have added my custom fields to the Simple View & others where task are listed... But I want to be able to input custom data when I create a task... And I want to be able to modify that custom data later if necessary. How can I make my Custom Task Fields appear in the standard Task Form ? thanks for any help. tmb Start by going to http://www.slipstick.com/dev/forms.htm to see about Outlook forms design. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Abso...

Formating in a Report, the highest 3 records
How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... Can you help me? Look in Access Help for "TOP". HTH -- -Larry- -- "Luis Marques" <Luis Marques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F467B234-EA95-4F79-91B0-EDC12E61FD00@microsoft.com... > How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? > > Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... > > Can you help me? Try writing your ...

Changing computer
Hi, I'm about to sell my Dell pc on which I recently installed Microsoft Home & Student 2007. Do I just un-install it and then re-install it on the new one? Is it illegal (or stupid) to leave it on the computer? And how would I go about moving my Word files from old to new? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Sal If you leave it installed, you must also give them the disks. (And yes, that would be stupid - sorry.) If you intend to keep the disks and the license for yourself, you must uninstall it. Move your files with a USB drive or burn them to a CD. You could...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

Delete Record Button with Confirmation Message
I finally got the message box to pop up but the same time the message box pops up, the record is deleted without confirmation of yes or no. I know I am missing something in my code and this forum helped me to get this far from viewing other posts but not sure what I am missing. Here is my code: (Deleting a record in a subform) Private Sub Testdelete_Click() Dim frm As Form Dim Response As String Set frm = Me.[Scheduling Visits Subform].Form If Not frm.NewRecord Then With frm.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = frm.Bookmark .Delete Response = ...

Change unit cost for Miscellaneous Items
Dynamics GP Sales Order Processing does not allow editing of unit cost for all item types. Please include an option to allow us to change the unit cost for for miscellaneous, service and flat fee items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Number formats and fields
Hi All! I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the default A, B, C… numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add another equation in the middle of the document. Doe...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

How can we change rpc port on outlook client
How can we change rpc port on outlook client to use different port than 135 and I can do either TCPrelay or port redirect to connect to the Exchange server on port 135. ...

Set date field year to 2005
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet of dates, EG: '10/09/1983', '03/08/1985'. I need to change these all to be in the year 2005, so '10/09/1983' becomes '10/09/2005'. I assumed it would be a case of just doing a custom format DD MMMM 2005 but this doesn't work. Is there an easy worksheet function to do this or will I need to write a macro? Cheers, Chris If it's a one timer you can use formulas =DATE(2005,MONTH(A1),Day(A1)) will take the date in A1 and change the year to 2005 then you can just copy and paste special as values over the old dates, finally...

Item Tax Change
Last night I changed all of our Coupons Item Tax from a Cou-Tax to MO. That switched them from Cou-Tax to MO taxable. so that when a coupon is used it will deduct the sales tax (Missouri Tax Law) and I assigned the Sales Tax "Non-tax" to the Item tax "Non-tax" for our non tax items like labor. (this was never set up from 2 years ago, I don;t know if this was need, or if it is causing the problem) Now every transaction on every item on POS requires a reason code "for tax change". Even though they are not using a coupon or a non-tax item only items with MO I...

How to change value of field in one to many relation ship
Dear Freinds I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship table1 customer table2 collection sub both of them are linked through customer ID I want to update one of the field 'lastAMCdate' which is equal to 'AMCtodate' in the latest enrty ie last row. Please advise how I can update programatically above field in custoemr table Please advise Rgds Ramesh shetty use an updatequery -- Maurice Ausum "Shetty" wrote: > Dear Freinds > > I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship > table1 customer > table2 collection sub > both of them are ...

changing text case
Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda B" <LindaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0BCD63F-3E4F-4F18-9FFD-8310E5840C8A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? > > Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. Excel supports conversion to upper, lower or proper case, but it has no sentence case. I created this ...

how do I insert an envelope into an existing word document?
I would like to attach an envelope into an existing word document in order to accomplish both tasks of printing a letter and an envelope addressed to that individual using mail merge. With the document open, go to Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab, create your envelope (if you have the address selected in your document, it will be automatically inserted) and click Add to Document. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cruza2" <cruza2@discussions.microsoft....