Workflow email template droplist not the same as the template list

We have a bunch of templates setup in our CRM 3.0 system as Contact template,
viewed by Organization.  Individual emails can insert any of the templates.

However, we are trying to create an email workflow that sends out a
particular template to a contact.  When we select Send Email, the drop list
of templates to choose from only lists two.  Do the templates need to be
created by the user who is building the workflow?  (I surely hope not!)

What else might be preventing me from seeing the complete list of templates?
 Thanks for any insights.
--
Steve Luc
Senior Consultant

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Show email address instead of contact name
How can I make Outlook 2000 show the typed email address instead of resolving to the contact name in printouts of the contacts list and in the address boxes of email ? For example, I have a list of contacts in a custom list view with the email fields showing. Several of the entries in the email fields have resolved to the name of the contact. I want to see their email address not their name again. Also, a second example. I have three email addresses for a person, in the Email1, Email2, and Email3 fields. I go to send an email and instead of selecting the default from the addressbook/contact ...

Cannot abort workflow process
I followed the rules in workflow monitor to abort a workflow process and do not get the abort option in the actions menu and can therefore not abort a process. I am logged in with a user who has permissions for everything. The only options I get in the actions menu are purge log and export log. Does anyone know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong? Thanks James In the Workflow Monitor, you need to click the Process tab (not the log tab) and then from the View dropdown, choose Active, and from the Type, choose the appropriate type of record. Select an active workflow rul...

email assigned activity owner
is there a way to email when an activity is assigned to another user? This would be a great feature so users know to look to crm. If someone has a solution, I would be interested in buying it. ...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

Adding members to Marketing Lists whilst offline
Hi, When in Offline mode of CRM 3.0, the 'Manage Members' button in the Marketing List Members section of Marketing Lists screen is not available. Does anybody know if it is possible to change the configuration to display this button, and allow users to add members to marketing lists whilst working offline? Thanks Hi Steve, Sorry, but CRM 3.0 does not allow the managing of List members while in Offline mode. You must be online with your client or using the web client in order to manage the list members. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

EMail Activites
I have a salesperson who tracked her emails in the CRM Outlook client under the wrong Opportunity. Now she cannot re-associate them with the right Opportunity. The magnifying glass to the right is grayed out. What can be done to pull these out of the wrong opportunity and place them in the right one? Many thanks. There's another thread on this same issue, please see the thread "Import Old E-mails into CRM" news:826E1D54-5813-4151-9FFF-079668B8FD22@microsoft.com. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "B...

Simple workflow rule in 4.0. ...I think.
I have a user who "accidently" closed many of the Activities (phone calls, emails, etc.) by accident. I'd like to re-open them, so I thought I'd take advantage of CRM 4.0 and make a simple workflow rule to do this. I figured the primary entity you'd need to change is "task" no? I save and publish a simple rule, but it does not show up when I click on "Run workflow" under Activities. I've tested it the same situation on other entities (contacts, etc.) and it works fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else done this? -- Sketchy Hi Sketchy! S...

Emailing invoices with Groupwise
In 10.0, can SOP invoices be emailed to customers using Groupwise and not MS Outlook. Any major issues going this route? Thanks How are you planning to e-mail them? Via the Send button on the Screen display? I believe GW is MAPI-compatible. But, if you've got it, give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can install Outlook and connect to the GW post office. -- Charles Allen, MVP "MES" wrote: > In 10.0, can SOP invoices be emailed to customers using Groupwise and not MS > Outlook. Any major issues going this route? Thanks If you have problems with this ou...

Notification before sending external email with Outlook
Background: Using Exchange 2000 and Outlook2003. Does anyone know if there is a way to set Outlook to give some kind o warning notification if sending a message to an external recipient? B external I mean someone outside of your domain/domains. This comes ou of the fact that occasionally when using autofilled addresses a use will select the wrong "joebob" and end up emailing an externa "joebob@yourcompany.com" that happens to be in their address book instead of the internal "joebob@ourcompany.com". Any other thoughts on how to approch this would be appreciated. ...

Automatice email address generation
Is there an automated way to create a standard naming convention using the AD users and Computers tool based on the user name entered. If you were to enter John Doe as a new user the email address generated like John.Doe@domain.com for example. Or any other naming convention you would care to standardize. I should have also mentioned it is Exchange 2003 Standard. "Rockn" <rmiller2112@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%232k07RSzKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there an automated way to create a standard naming convention using the > AD users and...

Email Templates with Attachments
It would be really good if Microsoft considered adding file attachments for templates. It will then allow for bulk emailing using templates with files attached to it as well. It is simply not possible at the moment and is causing great pain for our clients. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

How to enumerate all email accounts?
Hi, How can i enumerate all email accounts in the current profile? Should work with IMO to. thanks in advance. ...

outlook as my email tool
When I open Outlook lately I get an error messge that says RunTime Error This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applicationsupport team for more info. I get out of Ouotlook and re-try immediateley then ( most of the time ) I can open Outlook and proceed with my email Waht am I doing wrong or is my computer not configured properly. Find and rename outcmd.dat - if that doesn't help, which version of outlook and OS? If Win2k or XP, look in the event viewer for more information about the error and post it here. We have too little to ...

red x in email in Outlook 2007
I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED x's. Did not have problem in Office 2003. Please help me... Steve "Steve-O" <Steve-O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C0B6E2-7BEE-47BC-B398-9037FB254F62@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2007. Things are fine EXCEPT FOR. > > When I get email (with pictures and graphics) they are all in little RED > x's. > > Did not have problem in Office 2003. > > Please help me... Tools, Trust Center, Automat...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

cached exchange mode enabled, not receiving email
have found several posts about Outlook not receiving messages when cached Exchange mode is enabled, none of them have solutions. I guess it's not a popular topic. However, I have a user with a laptop who cannot receive email with CEM enabled. As soon as it is disabled, and Outlook is restarted, it works fine. I've seen this before, but on a desktop, so I just disabled CEM. With this being a roaming laptop, I can't opt for the easy out. Does anyone have an answer for this? In news:1144771101.358073.182520@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, carlh@ccsweb.net <carlh@ccsweb....

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

view exchange email at home
Outlook 2003 is running in cache mode but when away from the office I can't login with my office profile (not connected to the server). How can I view my email when away from the office? Where is Outlook/Exchange storing my mail on my computer? Outlook/Exchange has a function where you can download your mails int your laptop (I assume you are using a laptop)... It's called offlin something... I have vague memory of the name :p You need to activat it when you are in the office. The other way (which I personally prefer) is Outlook Web Access. Th interface is very similar to t...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

forward email from corp. mailbox to hotmail
sorry if this is wrong area, i forget how to do the following: i want my exchange/outlook mail to automatically forward my inbox mail to my hotmail account. i want a copy in outlook and hotmail. i have done this before, but cannot remember. Is is a rule i create or something else within outlook?? thanks ...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...