Workflow Configuration Corrupted

I recently had an incident on SBS 2003 that caused me to have to replace my
RAID controller - I was unable to source the original so I had to do a repair
install and remove and reisntall CRM 3.0 - now I recieve an error saying that
the workflow configuration file is corrupted.  I deleted the workflow config
file and it's corresponding xsd and still recieve the error.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Configuring Connection Filtering
I have changed the actual names that follow, but this is a real scenario that I'd like assistance with. I have a callcenter called FOO who accepts 1-800 calls for me. They forward messages to me and I have an Exchange 2003 Server w/ SP2. The domain of FOO is @foo.com. The email address that the mail comes from is always cc@foo.com. The ip address of the mail server at foo.com is 141.10.10.10. Because I use Exchange Intelligent Message Filter and have tweaked it just right so it catches almost 100% of inbound junk mail I do not want to lower the SCL ratings. However, email from c...

Outlook
I upgraded to XP and when Outlook tries to configure itself for XP it gives me this error..CANNOT START MICROSOFT OUTLOOK. MAPI32.DLL IS CORRUPT OR THE WRONG VERSION. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY INSTALLING OTHER MESSAGING SOFTWARE. PLEASE REINSTALL OUTLOOK. When I try to reintall I get the following message ERROR APPLYING TRANSFORMS. VERIFY THAT THE SPECIFIED TRANSFORM PATHS ARE VALID. How do I check that?? I also tried removing it so I could start fresh and I get the same error ERROR APPLYING TRANSFORMS. VERIFY THAT THE SPECIFIED TRANSFORM PATHS ARE VALID. Please help! Are you ...

RE: Sales Process
Hey there, May be a bit of a "what do you expect" question but I have inputted a fair amount of data in our pilot, but then was asked to merge two existing Sales Stages. Now does de- activating, editing and re-activiting a Sales process (automated) cause all the data within it to be disassociated with the process rule? Also I specfically changed the opportunities within the effected stage before preceding with the workflow mod. If so, why? I'm sure this CRM accounts for those organisations that have their processes adjusted or changed at some point or another. (or is th...

Configuration?
I hope someone out there can help me with this. I recently acquired a new job. One of the first requirements were to set up Outlook, in order to email one another. As I have experience using Outlook, unfortunately, I do not have the know how on how to configure it. How do I allow both of us to access OUTLOOK under more than one name? I hope I haven't confused anyone besides myself. ANYONE, PLEASE HELP ME, I AM SO DESPERATE AT THIS POINT. I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP MY NEW JOB. THANKS IN ADVANCE, DANIELLE ...

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

Workflow generated email for reassignment of Opportunity
We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a workflow process in place that can handle my intentions? Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just can't use a template. For some reason, it was setup this way. You could code a ...

Problem with CRM Workflof Manager and CRM Workflow Monitor
Hello everyone, We have a small problem with rules and monitoring in CRM 3.0. We created and activated a rule that is supposed to send an e-mail to the head of department (he is a CRM user) whenever a new account is created. A fairly straightforward procedure in the CRM Workflow Manager. However, the rules just do not fire. What we see in the workflow process summary of the Workflow monitor is 32 paused processed under the account heading. If we try to look into any of the other views we get no information. We tried refreshing the view and anything else that we could come upo on the f...

How can you insert an "approval" stage in a workflow?
Our sales team generates quotes that need to be approved/reviewed before they are being activated and send to a client. I have looked far and wide, but have not figured out how an account executive can prepare a quote and have a manager review or approve it, using workflow. I hoped that I could restrict activating a quote to a manager, but it seems every user has that ability. This must be a pretty common business process but it seems to be lacking in CRM 3.0 One workflow you can try is when a quote is created, have an email sent to the owners manager or a sales manager to let the...

Outlook 2007 cannot be configured on exchange 2003
Hi all, Am having a problem while configuring a laptop with vista business + SP1 and outlook 2007 + SP1. The same user did not have any problem when he had win xp + outlook 2003. When the user tries to connect to other exchange servers in the same domain, then the status is disconnected. Is there any bug in vista and outlook 2007 that prevent it from connecting to exchange 2003? Please help... There is no bug in Vista/Outlook 2007 preventing connection to Exchange servers. You need to contact your Exhange admin for assistance. -- TedMi "Prash" wrote: > Hi all, > >...

Workflow Error
Hi there, Please help me with this workflow issue that we are having. Whenever I click on "Workflow" next to a document in a document library, it right away says "Fail on Start". So i went to the logs on the server and found the following error msg: 01/06/2010 08:19:04.75 w3wp.exe (0x1B80) 0x1824 Windows SharePoint Services Workflow Infrastructure 98d7 Unexpected System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowActivationProperties..ctor (SPWorkflow workflow, Int32 runAsUserId, String a...

Corrupt files
I have reinstalled Windows, prior to which I made a backup my ms money files on two floppy discs. I've reinstalled MS Money but when I try to restore my files I get a message saying the file data is corrupt or its from a different money program. Can anyone tell how I can redeem these files as I have a considerable amount of history I wish to retain. Tony -- Is that some one at the door! In microsoft.public.money, Tony wrote: >I have reinstalled Windows, prior to which I made a backup my ms money files >on two floppy discs. I've reinstalled MS Money but when I try to resto...

Configuring a cell to take higher values only
I have made an excel file in which I am writing cumulative warranty report for my product. My subordinates are using this file and I have made it as a shared document. Now I want to avoid any chance of accidental wrong entry in any cell. Is there any method whereby I can configure a cell so that it will take only higher values than the existing entries in the cell. -- Hemant N. Dhuri Mumbai Hi Hemant What you can do is, -select the area in which you want your subordinates to make entries. -Click the menu Data-->Validation -Select settings then --under allow select...

Workflow Error (Child Workflow added but not visible)
Has anyone ever experienced this before? When using the Child Workflow option in CRM 4.0, I notice at certain areas it allows me to add the CWF but it wont display what it that CWF is. It shows two bullet points(arrows)like it is calling something but it doesnt display what it is, it keeps it hidden. As a result, my parallel wait is not working as it should. I have no idea why because the query is accurate but it leads me to belive that this hidden CWF has something to do with the query not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer...

Workflow for Advanced Find
I'd like to create a workflow to run a few advanced find's one after the other (and possibly export them to excel, but not critical). Any idea how I can do this? I have done a few AF's before, but I can't see where I can get access the the AF's on the workflow. Please help, I'm stuck! KBD635 On Sep 24, 3:27=A0pm, KBD635 <KBD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to create a workflow to run a few advanced find's one after the > other (and possibly export them to excel, but not critical). > Any idea how I can do this? > I have done a...

OnChange Event
Hi, I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected. I have not previously used the OnChange feature of CRM so I do not know how to write or make the code work. Basically, this is what I am attempting: if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.1 then trigger "Name of Manual Workflow It is pretty basic. Can someone provide me with the code to accomplish the above? Thank you, Donna ...

Checkbox workflow
How can I start a workflow when a checkbox is checked and the form saved? Faiz; Create your workflow to run when there is an attribute change and then select your checkbox attribute from the list of choices. Dave Ireland "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E255742-44B1-4B08-9781-EF91EE541CF5@microsoft.com... > How can I start a workflow when a checkbox is checked and the form saved? ...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Front end/Back End configuration
I've recently been blessed with the budget to impliment an FTP server for my small business. I already have an exchange 2003 server that resides behind my firewall. Currently the only employees who have remote access to email are the ones with Laptops and VPN acess. Since I'm installing an FTP server I figured I may as well enable outlook web access for the rest of the employees who do not have company laptops. My initial thought was to install the fTP/Front End server in my DMZ of my firewall and forward the appropriate ports from firewall to LAN. However in my readings I see t...

Set task subject in workflow
Hi! I have created a workflow in CRM 4.0 which creates a reminder task every time a case is created. The task subject is based on the task subject and created when I convert an email to a case. I would like to be able to change the case subject, save the case and then let the workflow create the task. Often the customer creates email with subject "Problem" or "Error" which isn't a helpful case subject. How can I let the task creation be "delayed" so that I can correct the case subject and then get a correct task subject? ...

Configure HP LD220 Customer Pole Display
I'm having problems with my new RP3000 system. My Customer Pole Display is not working well. RMS offers me two lines of text -- with 3 different animation effects. My line 1 shows up many times on line 2, and visa versa. If I select scroll, 1 line of text... scrolls across both lines on the display. I have the OPOS code set as ld. I'm not sure if this is right or not. Can you help? Thx. do not use any scrolling, do not use any effects "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89EE746E-532E-47C0-821F-956D3FB9FB48@microsoft.com... >...

Configuring Up-To-Date with Exchange 2003
My boss has a Samsung Smart Phone and he asked me to see if he can get his email sent to his phone when he's traveling. I have user initiated sync and up-to-date enabled on his account but I don't know what else I need to do to make this work. Has anyone set this up? A link to an article explaining this process will be fine and appreciated. Thanks, Rafael You can set up a mail-enabled contact for his external address, and in his mailbox properties in ADUC, set "alternate delivery" so that a copy is sent to that contact (while keeping a copy in his mailbox). He can'...

Hassles with workflow
Hi I am struggling with the creation of a workflow rule and I would appreciate any assistance. We would like to create a rule that when a lead is reassigned by the sales manager to a sales person, an automated task is created to contact the lead and confirm the requirements. If the task is not completed within 24 hours, we would like an automated email to be sent to the sales manager to inform him of the non completion of the activity. I am familiar with the Workflow Manager and I have created the following rule: When Lead is Assigned if Lead<Owner><>OwnerManager:User then ...

Workflow rule to check changes in CRM fields
Is there anyway using work flow to check fields change such as if one of the address fields on account or contact is changed then send email to appropirate CRM user? I have has a look at the only thing to evoke the workflow rule is when Assign, Create, Manual or Status change. Cheers Kyaw Hi, You have to use post-callouts to check this situation. "Kyaw" wrote: > Is there anyway using work flow to check fields change such as if one of the > address fields on account or contact is changed then send email to > appropirate CRM user? > > I have has a look at ...

Configuring News groups in Outlook 2000
Can anyone help me in configuring News groups in Outlook 2000. -Peri "Peri" <peri@cspl.com> wrote in message news:#6piOlbqDHA.1656@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can anyone help me in configuring News groups in Outlook 2000. > > -Peri > > You can't - Outlook calls OE for its newsreading function. (Well I SAY you can't - you can if you are on Exchange Server and the Admin sets up Public Folders that correspond to the groups you want to read...) ...

AfxDeferRegisterClass() corrupts the this pointer
The problem application is SDT, statically linked to MFC under VC6. Synopsis: In a simple experimental SDT application, AfxDeferRegisterClass(AFX_WNDFRAMEORVIEW_REG) is called from within CFramewnd::PreCreateWindow(). When compiled for debugging, execution of AfxDeferRegisterClass() has no effect on the this pointer, which points to the derived class, CMainFrame, before and after AfxDeferRegisterClass() is called. However, when compiled for release (using debugging symbols, optimizing off), the this pointer changes after execution of AfxDeferRegisterClass(), first pointing to the derived clas...