Workflow Close opportunity when order is submitted

Want to create a workflow rule to close an opportunity if an order is
submitted for that account.  Any suggestions on how to do this appreciated.
Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problem closing Outlook
Hi everyone, I have problems when I want to close my Micrsoft Outlook 2000. When I close it, it get hang up with the message "closing microsoft outlook 2000". I read somewhere about disable "send and recieve when exit" option to solve this problem, I know where to find it on 2003 version, but I didn't found it on 2000 version. Someone know where I can find it??? Thanks in advance and happy new year!!! Gregorio Aranda. P.S.: Sorry for my awful english Try the following: 1. Switch to Corporate/workgroup mode & create new profile and check if outlook works fine...

Sort Order on Order Fulfillment Window
In the sales order fulfillment window you can sort the lines items by Order Entered or Site/Bin/Item. Does the Site/Bin/Item only sort by Bin if Multi-bin is used? I am not using multi-bin but have created bin for each item in each site on the Quantities/Sites window. thanks. ...

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Determining the apex of a order 2 polynomial
History: I created a spreadsheet with functions only that will provide feedback from a data point on an xy scatter chart. I charted several thousand cells with simple functions such that =if(and(a,b),1,0) to provide feedback based on these coordinates and then used v or h lookup to come up with the adjusted information. This is for a field determination of what the data points should produce. I thought it would be nice to duplicate the form for a similar process in the lab. We frequently test the field information to gain more exact information in the lab. This would allow me to show...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

Change Order date?
I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when entering so that they fall into the proper months reports, etc. Any help out there on how I can change the dates at the database level? Look in the SalesOrderBase table. Mike "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4635de59.0402120638.1bd39e41@posting.google.com... > I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 > weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when > entering ...

Why doesn't the page preview have the same order as work page?
Why doesn't the preveiw page look like the one I built on the work pages. I have "saved as" and "saved. The nagagation bars in preview goes to different pages than titled. HELP!!!!!! ...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, ´┐Żystein Larsen ...

How do I submit a bug report to Microsoft for Outlook 2010?
I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another folder besides the INBOX, my default setting is that the reply message is also saved in that folder. That usually works, but at times the reply message still shows up in the SENT MESSAGES folder. -ah Andrew Hamilton wrote: > I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of > $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! > > The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another...

Can workflow trigger a pop-up message?
Is it possible to have workflow in CRM 4.0 trigger a pop-up message for a user? In this case, we want to prevent anyone from setting a status field to closed if another field is blank. I know that I can prevent the change in status and send an email notification, but I'd like to notify the user at that time so that they can correct the information and then go on and close the case. Any ideas? -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan ...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

Purchase order Processing
Hi, A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error. What is the best way of "reversing" this error? -- P McCarthy Hi-- You would enter a return, transactions>>purchasing>>returns trx entry. If it was only received, you would choose to enter Return type. If it was received and invoiced, you would enter a Return with Credit. Please note, this will NOT open the PO back up to be received, you will have to enter a new PO or if the PO is not completely received, you could also edit it to increase the amountt to be received. Take care, Christina N...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Workflow Manager cannot start
I'm trying to allow a new employee access to edit workflows. I've copied: Microsoft.Crm.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowLibrary.dll Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowManager.exe Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowMonitor.exe With these files, everything runs fine from my workstation. However, on his machine he gets this error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Workflow Manager --------------------------- Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file is corrupted, or the Microsoft CRM Workflow Service cannot access...

Coments on a Work Order
Hello I have been using the system for almost 2 years, and the following error, which began after I install SP 1.3, is driving me crazy. I sell items that require serial numbers. I had added the term "S/N:" on SubDescription 1 for some items. This is where my problem comes to life, Ex. I create a work order for a client, add some items to it, and add the serial numbers. I save it, so I can do something else. After recalling the Work order, none of the coments (not even the S/N) are on it. I have check the Configuration \ Options on the manager and it seems to be ok. Any sugge...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...

outlook 2002 and 2003 close no error
Hi I cannot find anything on outlook just closing possibly sending recieving and when sending Email. it is random. If anybody has a fix please advise. Outlook just closes no error. Thank you Joe ...

4.0 Workflow
I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets deleted. I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who deleted it. The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email. Is there a way I can accomplish what I want? Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the databas...

How do we close an invoice in version 3.0?
In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. Now we have nothing. I tried customizing the form and adding the statecode, but that field is Read-only and so it didn't help. We mass-print all of our invoices and need them to be closed (not deleted) once they are paid. HELP! Thanks, Karla So sorry!! I did not see Invoice Paid on the Actions menu once the invoice was open. Solved!!! "KK" wrote: > In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. > Now we have nothing. > > I tried customizing the form and adding...

Printing PDF Files in Order
I have a table with links on it to PDF files. I would like to print the files in the order that they appear in the table. When I run the code to print out the files, they seem to come out of the printer in a random order. Below is a snipet of my code. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do Until myRecordset.EOF tempname = myRecordset.Fields(1).Value If tempname <> "" Then tempname2 = Replace(tempname, "#", "") If fso.FileExists(tempname2) Then ADOBEPATH = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" PDFFILE = tempname...

Relationship between Contact and Opportunity is not shown on C. Si
Roles assigned to contacts in sales projects (opportunities) are not visible on the contacts side. Neither when the opportunity is open nor when it has been closed. Such, you are not able to see in which projects the contact was/is involved. This is clear break in the UI, where information should be accessible from all referred objects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Workflow Bug? Emailing Teams?

Close program problem?
Hi! I have a question about closing Access program. When I close it(shut down the program), there is no exit button. I use the "X" button on the right upper icon. But when I use it, it will popup an error message window. It said "The expression On Close you entered as the event property setting produced the folliowing error: Object variable or With block variable not set. * The expression may not result in the name...................." I need to press OK button to quit it. Is this come from the switchboard coding? Is anyway to find out where casue this error? T...

Getting error 'The underlying connection was closed: The server committed an HTTP protocol violation'
Hi all, I am having application where i am downloading xml content using webrequest. my code is as below HttpWebRequest lWebRequest = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(URL); HttpWebResponse lWebResponse = (HttpWebResponse) lWebRequest.GetResponse(); StreamReader lResponseStream = new StreamReader(lWebResponse.GetResponseStream(),enc); Data = lResponseStream.ReadToEnd(); lWebRequest = null; lWebResponse.Close(); IResponseStream.Close(); Here i am getting rss feeds using webrequest. Then i am loding rss that is data using xmldocument.load. when i am trying to change node of rss using ...