Workflow against System Created Object

Hello World!

I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me!

My scenario:

We are using c360 Email Marketing -
When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts
Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs
smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn't
run. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
Anthony
0
awakin (8)
5/29/2008 9:29:51 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 30, 9:29=A0am, awakin <awa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello World!
>
> I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me!
>
> My scenario:
>
> We are using c360 Email Marketing -
> When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts
> Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs
> smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn=
't
> run. Any thoughts or suggestions?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Who is in the "From" field of your email?

Also, I do not think the system user has the ability to be the owner
of a record. If I am correct, then a workflow created email is owned
by the user that performed the action that triggered the workflow.
This means that if the system user triggers the workflow, the email
will attempt to be owned by the system user, which is not possible. If
you do this as a plugin instead of a workflow you should be able to
set the owner manually, I am not sure whether or not this capability
is available in a workflow too.

Cheers

Paul Reyneke
CRM Blog - http://paulreyneke.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the response Bossie!

Your response lead me to my answer, I think! In the workflow, I had in my
mind that the "Owner" of the Communication Audit was actually the "Owner" of
the "Contact". I think I can make a few modifications, to make it work.

Thanks Again!

R/ Anthony

"Bossie" wrote:

> On May 30, 9:29 am, awakin <awa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello World!
> >
> > I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me!
> >
> > My scenario:
> >
> > We are using c360 Email Marketing -
> > When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts
> > Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs
> > smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn't
> > run. Any thoughts or suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Anthony
>
> Hi Anthony,
>
> Who is in the "From" field of your email?
>
> Also, I do not think the system user has the ability to be the owner
> of a record. If I am correct, then a workflow created email is owned
> by the user that performed the action that triggered the workflow.
> This means that if the system user triggers the workflow, the email
> will attempt to be owned by the system user, which is not possible. If
> you do this as a plugin instead of a workflow you should be able to
> set the owner manually, I am not sure whether or not this capability
> is available in a workflow too.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Reyneke
> CRM Blog - http://paulreyneke.blogspot.com/

0
awakin (8)

MoveCopy, unable to create test msg
I have a user running Office 2002 SP2 on Windows XP. Recently he began receiving the following message when he opens Outlook for the first time each day. "Server-Requested client action - MoveCopy, unable to create test msg" I can log in at that PC and setup Outlook without issue. does this appear to be a profile issue? I would appreciate any assistance on this. Best regards, Jim ...

Creating a closed Phone activity in a single step
Hi, I have looked absolutely everywhere for a solution to this. As many of our processes are still outside of MS CRM much of our outbound sales/prospecting calling is driven by external processes. (example 1) our receptionist (who has no CRM access) gets a call from an existing customer interested in purchasing product from us. The account manager gets the message, looks up the record in CRM and immediately calls them. We need the sales person to record a phone activity to say they've 'touched' this account, however this isn't a to-do item, it is already closed. ...

How to Create our own Message Queue
Hai, How to Create our own Message Queue in VC++/MFC. What message queue? What exactly are you trying to do? Win32 already has this implemented and MFC uses it and provides mechanism such as ON_MESSAGE_MAP to get messages from the queue. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142604478.113857.65000@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > > What exactly are you trying to do? Answer a homework question sheet it looks like. -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk Like Ajay said, this sounds like a tr...

how to create an autocalc field
I want to create something like this... "5/T1ZF/VANCBCZK0MD/VANCBC08DS2" where 5 is incremental T1ZF is derived from another table field VANCBCZK0MD from another table field VANCBC08DS2 from another table field. Is 5 incremental because its an autonumber? Create a txt box, Go to record source and click .. bit next to it, then go to expression. Use the navigation to locate each part and add the calculation between so it will be something like.... [Table1][Number5Field] / [Table2/TIZF Field] / [Table3/VANCBCZK0MD Field] etc Hope this helps a bit emerlita@shaw.ca wrote: >I ...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help #2
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

Determine name of dropped object.
I have a Bound Object Frame into which I drop a JPG. How do I determine the path/name of the dropped image? -- Regards Tom ...

Building Workflow Triggers for Multiple Opportunity Types
I am implementing 3 different sales processes all of which should be triggered based on a custom field I created called OpportunityType (a picklist). Within the picklist I have approximately 6 opporunity types. I have been trying to build a rule that says the following: If OpportunityType = A,B,C Then uses Sales Process A If OpportunityType = D, E Then use Sales Process B If OpportunityType = H Then use Sales Process C Building each of the sales process is not a problem. However, building the intelligence to automate this has been a challenge. The workflow needs to be automatic with...

Help Creating XLL
Where can I find an example or help creating an XLL? I'd like to create an add-in that allows new Excel formulas. Here are a couple of articles that you may find useful HOWTO: Build an Add-in (XLL) for Excel Using Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178474 XLL A library for creating high performance Excel add-ins http://xll.sourceforge.net Justin Starnes wrote: > Where can I find an example or help creating an XLL? I'd like to create an > add-in that allows new Excel formulas. ...

How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.
I want to try and setup a Macro to send meeting requests to my teams calendar. What we do is use it to book are equipment setups. Right now we copy and past the requests in to meeting request to an outlook calendar and send them to ourselfs. This way we see who is working on what. What i want to do is put basic information in to an excel form. The form is going to have the following. Who the request is for. Who is assigned to the request. The date and time needed. The date and time returnd. Type of equipment request. Ticket number from our call logging system. Where the equipment is ...

How can I create a voting ballot with publisher?
Can anyone assist me in creating a ballot for an election? Use a table. Easiest way. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51FDE9AB-92AC-4D5A-8EB2-880D5C74BEC1@microsoft.com... > Can anyone assist me in creating a ballot for an election? Maybe some ideas here? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT102530761033.aspx?ofcresset=1 -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51FDE9AB-92AC-4...

Unable to create MDE message
I have a large Access 2k mdb which I convert to MDE for users on a regular basis. When I upgrade to an Access 2k03, I get the message in the subject with the details indicating too many tables. Is there any way to overcome this jet limitation for Access 2k03? ...

Novice trying to create zip code look-up
I know that it is possible to create a situation where a zip code is typed into one column, and the city identified with that zip code pops up in another column, but cannot figure out where to start with this. Can anyone give some guidance? -- Karen Karen, Use a 2 column combo box. (ex. cboZip) First Column for Zipcode and second column for City. Set the combo's ControlSource (bind it) to your ZipCode field. Since this combo control will capture the ZipCode, it is not necessary to also "capture" the City value in another control... just "...

Creating separate tables for multi-select list box selections
I have read from some of the other posts that it is necessary to create a separate table for each of the selections made in a multi-select list box from a form. I don't understand this concept! I have a form with 4 multi-select list boxes and many other fields that populate a table with a simple query attached to it. How do I create this separate table for the selections from the list boxes and link it to the main table and query? I am not an Access programmer and am learning as I go along. Please explain step by step and as simply as possible. Thanks for any and all help in a...

Creating & Using an Email Template
Hi Everyone, We could certainly use some help. We are not regular Outlook users and I have to admit, Microsoft seems to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. All we want to do is create an email template so that we can use that template again when sending future messages. In Netscape, we can drag-drop a sent message into a Template folder and voila its done. I can now go to that folder, double click the message and use it again to send that message again when needed. It doesn't appear to be that easy in Outlook. Not surprised. That's why we call it Micro$of...

Create Exchange Address Book
Hi This is an exchange newbie question. We are running SBS 2003, and I want to create an number of address lists/groups. My reading suggests this is done in exchange server manager, receipients, all address lists, new, address list. My question is this. How do I control the members of these lists. For example, how would I include only the users Fred, John and Mark (all have exchange mailboxes) in an address list. I have seen the query based rules but cannot workout how to use for this example. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Hi I would base the filter on something in commo...

is there a way to create a barcode for a macro
I created a couple discount macros, everytime they are run they give a certain discount. I want to know if there is a way to create a barcode to activate the macro. Thank you Victor ...

SVCAUTOSOP batch created when doing return in SOP
We just upgraded to version 8 and have noticed that when creating returns in SOP, GP is assigning these returns to a batch called "SVCAUTOSOP." We have multiple locations, multiple users all using SOP and these batches are not getting posted as each user looks after their own batches. No one knows what SVC is so they ignore them. Can we stop this? ...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (2'nd post)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

Text Object Model
Hi All, Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me get started in using it? Where on MSDN are examples or what do I need to start? Thanks Larry The next question (should have had this in the original!) Can the TOM be used like the Rich Edit Control? Thanks Again Larry "Larry J. Siddens" <lsiddens@noSpamHere.com> wrote in message news:ufbPT1LaDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me > get started in using it? Where on MSDN are...

EventID 565 : Source: Security : Category: Object Access
Good Afternoon, I'm receiving many dozens (if not hundreds) of errors in the Security Log of my Exchange 2003 server. Below is representative of the error I am receiving, but in short, it is: EventID: 565 Source: Security Category: Object Access I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this, so I can clear it up. Any ideas? -David (Detail below) --------------------------------------- Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /O=SRD/OU=SRDDOM/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGESERVER/cn=...

Creating Case's via workflows
Hi Guys, I would like to create a case from a workflow on CRM 1.2. I have the feeling that this is not possible, but was wondering if there is not a "Unsupported method" of doing this? Rgds Jefferson This is supported..... Method1 In the workflow you can post to a URL which can create a case. Method2 You can use a postcallout which is also supported. Good Luck Regards, Ron Wallegie "Jefferson" <originaljeffie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:29995465-7E57-41B9-BB48-48891D47089E@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > I would like to create a case from a w...

Read OLE Object field to image ?
I have an Access database (images.mdb) that has 2 columns: one is the id of the picture (an integer) and one (column named picture) is a field of type OLE Object which contains an image stored as on OLE Object (it can store jpg, bmp, gif, but I don't know what image is stored inside). I want to retrieve the picture stored in the database and identified by a given id and display it in a web page (.aspx). I write in Visual C# and use Visual Studio .NET, but it does not matter, VB answers are just as wellcome. My problem is that this OLE Object field does not contain just the raw array of byt...

ActiveX component can't create object
I have an MS Access2002 app that I imported into Access 2007. It was running fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly I get this error: ActiveX component can't create object when it executes this line of code. Set olookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") I checked my references, and they are ok, and the app compiles ok. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Are you sure Outlook is installed properly on the machine? FWIW, CreateObject doesn't require references: it's how you'd instantiate the object in Late Binding. -- Doug Steele, Mic...

Move all replicas in SP2 will move system folders too?
Hi all, Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address book and organizational forms too? I am going to retire the exchange 2000 server and rehome public folder on the new exchange 2003 SP2 server. Thanks for your input. pfmigrate with the /SF switch will move system folders "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2A649D4-1F19-48E5-A20A-4D0155963866@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address > book and organizational forms too? I am going to r...

Email address can't be resolved to a record in the system
When an email address exists in an Account record and Contact record, an email sent by that customer will track but not regard properly. It is prefaced by a red question mark and if you open the email in CRM, it says at least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system. You can then manually resolve the address to a specific Contact record. From now on, CRM will know where to resolve that email address. This is ridiculous. By default, the Lead to Account conversion includes and Email mapping causing this problem. The only solution given to me is not use the Email Addr...