winmail.dat attachments for CRM-tracked emails

Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from
Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients:

Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or
laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL
Server 2005SP1)
Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file)
Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook
Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server
Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes
Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gone
Repeat without tracking in CRM and attachment arrives intact

I've tried searching the newsgroups and blogs, but can't find any mention of
anyone who has solved this issue (although one other person experienced it in
Aug 2006).

Any ideas?

--
Neil Benson
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mar 10, 7:17 pm, Neil Benson <NeilBen...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from
> Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients:
>
> Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or
> laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL
> Server 2005SP1)
> Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file)
> Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook
> Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server
> Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes
> Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gone
> Repeat without tracking in CRM and attachment arrives intact
>
> I've tried searching the newsgroups and blogs, but can't find any mention of
> anyone who has solved this issue (although one other person experienced it in
> Aug 2006).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Neil Benson

I am experiencing the same issue with non-Outlook recipients. Problem
still unsolved.

0
papaioannoun
3/11/2007 9:12:18 AM
I too am having an issue with this, .pdf attachments are being converted to
..jpg image files!
I'll watch this one for a resolution, and continue to search.

"Neil Benson" wrote:

> Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from
> Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients:
>
> Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or
> laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL
> Server 2005SP1)
> Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file)
> Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook
> Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server
> Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes
> Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gone
> Repeat without tracking in CRM and attachment arrives intact
>
> I've tried searching the newsgroups and blogs, but can't find any mention of
> anyone who has solved this issue (although one other person experienced it in
> Aug 2006).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Neil Benson

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Problems with creating a newsletter

Collection tracking lite
I have a customer that is interested in tracking their contacts with customers on AR collections. I know that the Collections Management Module in Great Plains will do a great job of that, but they are looking for a very simple solution. Is anyone aware of a third party developed enhancement that will just give someone a place to make notes, etc. regarding their collection effort? Thanks for any information you may have. This may be too obvious, but why not use the notes function already built into Great Plains. That way all accounting system users can read the notes, add to them as...

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

tracking bonds in money 2004
When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 pls help Read the article in help on how Money prices bonds. It's as a percentage of face value. "ms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7dd001c3e93c$b3c2bf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value > of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 > > pls help ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Sending Email #6

attachment previewers not installed?