windows messenger 09-24-06

have a friend's contact card popping up at any time saying they want to be
added to my list.

this was done a long time ago but the message keeps coming up at various
times when i'm on the computer.

how can i stop this?>
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Shirley,

this is a CRM newsgroup, you may get a better response if you post in XP
General group
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US&r=c10a5834-ccef-4e84-9c45-1e43e21770ed

"shirley" wrote:

> have a friend's contact card popping up at any time saying they want to be
> added to my list.
>
> this was done a long time ago but the message keeps coming up at various
> times when i'm on the computer.
>
> how can i stop this?>

Lost Database 06-22-07
Hey, I hope someone can help me. I just closed out my database window within access and now I can not access it. I see it in the folder but when I select it, access opens with no database window so I can not get at my information. HELP! Try holding down the Shift key the entire time that the application is opening. I'm guessing that you unchecked the option to Display Database Window, under Tools > Startup. Alternatively, if you have not also disabled Special Keys (bottom of same screen), you should be able to press the F11 button to display the database window. Tom Wicker...

windows mail
This laptop was given to me, windows mail was set up by the previous owner (my 82 yr old grandmother) how do I change it to my email address? I tried, not sure what I did but it keeps saying this <<please also note I do not use yahoo and want it to be gmail>> (and I have done the 32 bit upgrade for messages stuck in outbox) The host 'verizon yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: Tim 70's', Account: 'verizon yahoo', Server: 'verizon yahoo', Protocol: SMTP, Port: ...

Open files from Windows Sharepoint Services
Hi all, Is any way to open a file directly from WSS 3.0 without insert a login? Every time I open a Word or Excel file from WSS 3.0. It prompt me an username and password. Although it is working fine, is any way to skip this because I feel all user login to WSS, they already insert the information. Why we need to insert again and again? KF Thomas SHIU ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Have you tried adding the site the trusted sites zone? Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Co...

Synchronize Office Information with Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003
I've downloaded Office 2007 (Beta2) and Activesync 4.1. Why can't I do the following: 1. Sync or select Contacts, Calendar, Notes in Activesync 4.1 2. Access the Internet from my PPC when partnership was successful. 3. Import/Export mail accounts from Office Outlook(message:"not implemented". ...

Advanced Find 05-22-06
Hi, I would like to search for services details using Advanced Find and make/create a report with the resources information. For example... I would like to know the users that are working on a specified service? or What resources groups the user belongs and then make a report with that information. If i go throw the resource group area i can create a report with that information, but it doesnt include the user email for example. Any sugestion how this could be done? thx ...

Exchange deleting messages after 24 hours?
Hello: We are running Exchange Server 2003. One of my customers tells me that messages in her inbox disappear when she comes in the next day. She only sees messages from today. I dont see the messages via OWA either. She assures me that she did not delete the messages from her Inbox and they should be there. She is using Outlook 2003. I checked her rules, there are none. She is using an ost file. Any ideas? Thanks, Neil Look for a rogue System Policy in Exchange System Manager. Seems unlikely but give it a whirl. Nue "Neil" <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote in messag...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

How can I open Internet Explorer8 window maximized?
I am using Window XP. Within an IE8 page, if I click a link, it will open a new window with small size. Is there a way to open it in full size? I try ctrl, or shift key to max it and exit it, but they did not work. Thank a lot. Chris Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program. -- Bru...

hola 07-19-09

How to trap as soon as some Windows app of the same computer sends a print job to the network printer server
Hi, I need to write an app, which could trap as soon as some Windows app of the same computer sends a print job to the network printer server, add some data to JOB_NOTIFY_FIELD_USER_NAME field of the print job, and then have continue sending. I only concern about the new print jobs sent from the computer which run this app, other than all print queue of the network printer. It seems that spooler APIs such as FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification, monitor all print job in the queue. Is there a simple way for me? Thank you. ...

Scoll window settings
I'm not sure if the following is possible in dex but I have the need to change either the font, color or shading of a line in a scoll window based on an attribute of the data in the line. It would even be acceptable to display a icon on the line. I need to draw the users attention to the line(s) when a certain condition exists. I have not found an easy way to do this in Dexterity for GP 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Mark Hi Mark You need to add code into your fill script and your pre script to make the changes you want. You can use a visual switch to hide and show or...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

Having trouble sending email from windows mail
This is the error message that I receive when I try and send and email. What does it mean? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Where is the second part of the error message? That is the most important. -- Bruce Hage...

Windows Terminal Server 2008 / non-clients need to access internet
I have a terminal server environment. I have access points all over the school. I would like visitors to be able to access the internet but in order to get on you have to open a session. How do I get it shared to non-client pcs? -- rubantin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rubantin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190718.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1311934.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello rubantin, "How do I get it shared to non-client pcs?" Do you mean with ...

Re: Windows Mail / Gmail Folder synchronisation error
In Gmail, create a label "Google Mail" (no quotes), or rename the existing "Gmail" label (if there is one) to "Google Mail", so that you have two exactly the same corresponding folder names, one in Gmail and the other one in Windows Mail. You might also try to do it the other way round, and rename the relevant folder in Windows Mail so it has the same name as its counterpart in Gmail. -- wojciech05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wojciech05's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208892.htm View ...

How to disable Window File protection system
Hello, I need to implement a class that disbales Windows File Protection (WFP) untill next reboot and that shouldn't require Rebooting the system. Please help me out if anyone has idea about it, Regards Amit ...

Auto play 06-15-10
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:6677560C-DD38-49D6-BCE3-78AF2D210BA2@microsoft.com... > How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when > I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. > Thank you Auto Play set up is a control panel item under 'Hardware and Sound'. I think 'ask me' produces the menu. Tom ...

Windows Explorer problem.
I have WindowsXP SP3 and sometimes Windows Explorer shows an error when a reboot is attempted. The following message from MyComputer/Manage/Events describes the problem. **** Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x060d1ef0. **** Can I fix this, because it happens quite regularly. Please help, Frank Try my Explorer Shell Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ -- The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/ *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given b...

Outlook window flickers and jumps
Outlook 2003 flickers and is jumpy, especially the Inbox window. It happens most all the time, when no mail is being transmitted or anything else going on. This is on a new Dell notebook with Win XP, Intel integrated video driver, Core Duo processor and with everything updated, to my knowledge. Any help or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bob ...

Priting from a splitter window
I am attempting access the onPrint function of a splitter window. I have six splitter windows, of which the top left window is a formview. The print menu item messages the formview, which does not print anything. What I would really like to do is print the contents of the "second" splitter window. How can I direct the print message to the correct splitter window? I am using the SplitterWndEx class as described in http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/7113.shtml Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Pat You never print the splitter window itself, but the view it sp...

Vbscript to create sites on a windows 2008 DC
Hello, I am trying to use this script provided by MS to create a site on my windows 2008 DC: However, it does not work. I get an error saying:There is a naming violation for line: Set objSite = objSitesContainer.Create("site", strSiteRDN) objSite.SetInfo Here is the script. Is it not intended to work in windows 2008? Thanks! strSiteRDN = "cn=Ga-Atl-Sales" strSiteLinkRDN = "cn=DEFAULTIPSITELINK" strSiteLinkType = "IP" Const ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3 Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE...

Add Requested Ship Date to Allocations_Scroll window
Hi- Would someone please tell me how to replace add SOP_LINE_WORK 'Requested Ship Date' to teh Allocations_Scroll windows? I added a 'Requested Ship Date' to the ivItemAllocationInquiryTemp table. What else should I do? Thanks for any help- Roxy ...

Increasing window size
When I go from my desktop to my internet homepage (yahoo), I sometimes get a small window , and sometimes get a whole-page size window. I prefer the whole-page size without having to click that middle restore button on the upper right-hand corner of my screen everytime I go to my homepage. First, what are the names that describe the smaller size window, and the larger one? Is that what a thumbnail is? Second, I must presume there's a setting somewhere, where I can toggle the whole-page size preference when I go from my desktop to homepage. Can you tell me if there is, an...

Update Query question 06-26-07
Hello, I am trying to write what I assume would be an update query. I have 2 fields, acct_num and brnch_num in my table. I need to combine these 2 fields into a new field called cust_num. So, if: brnch_num acct_num 123 45678 123 12 12 1 Then I would need the cust_num to read: 12345678, 12300012, 01200001 I'm not sure how to get the zeroes into the cust number so that that number is always 8 diguts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't use an update query for this. Keep the data separat...

CRM Workflow 06-22-06
Hello All, We are Web Hosting and Development Company and i am trying to setup CRM to suit our business needs. Does anybody has setup CRM for hosting company or can anybody point me some good examples which can help me out to setup crm to fit our business needs? Any help will be appreciated :) Regards, Sunil Chelaramani I think i shoudl explain this in more details. I was playing with CRM since last few days, so far what i understood is that... Contacts can be converted to Lead [Sales Process] Lead coverts into Opportunity [Sales Process] and if i close opportunity and select W...