Win an Xbox 360 on the CRM Sandbox!

The Microsoft CRM Code Sandbox Contest runs through the month of June. This
is your opportunity to share your Microsoft CRM related application, macro,
or sample code on the Sandbox download page and compete for one of two Xbox
360 game systems to be awarded. Members of the Microsoft CRM Sandbox
community will be allowed to vote for their favorite download. For full
details read the official rules at
http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/messageboard/home.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404&mbid=bc9d75df-e8f6-4961-9e4a-9461f25569a7
--
JaAG
CRM Site Manager

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

winmail.dat attachments for CRM-tracked emails
Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients: Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL Server 2005SP1) Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file) Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gon...

Redeployment of CRM to create a DEV environment
We currently have a CRM Prod and CRM Dev environment. They were setup by Consultants/Integrators when we rolled out a year ago. Our Dev enviroment's data has stayed pretty static since we rolled out since we weren't really sure about how to do a restore of Prod to it. At this point, we'd really like to get a true up-to-date Dev environment in order to do a full systems test of a product configurator add-on that we purchased. My understanding is that updating a Dev enviroment is done using the Reployment Wizard. I'm reading through the "Redeploying Microsoft 3.0...

CRM Security issue with Administrator account
I am unable to add users in the CRM Development Manager. I try to create new users in the wizard, the users are listed, but after selecting the users, a warning pops up telling me I do not have "sufficient security priveleges" to add users. This is a problem because I have logged on as the Administrator. Any help??? I am willing to change Admin's security or create a new Admin.... Does the administrator have a valid CRM license? Mike "Douglas Hahn" <dhahn@digitaldim.com> wrote in message news:2af201c3e130$efd9e420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable...

CRM 4.0 Activities Flaw/Issue
After upgrading from CRM 3 to 4 about 1 month ago, a sales rep pointed out an issue with Activites that isn't working as it should (or would think). In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Today option, it would list only activities due today. No overdue items. In CRM 4, if you select the Due Today option, it shows all activities due Today AND overdue. Basically, it's broken and useless with no Today option. In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Overdue option, it would list activites that are overdue. In CRM 4, if you selecte the Due Overdue option, it shows all activities due Today AND ove...

Unable to create new user on CRM 4.0
Hi everyone, I've a problem with my CRM 4.0 server. Since I use dcpromo on it (at first the CRM 4.0 server was DC and now it's only a server) I can't create new user on the CRM. The CRM works perfectly with the actuel user but I can't create/ reactive user... The message is in French, it's quite simple :( No info in the message, it just says me that an error has occured... I tried using the 2 methods in the CRM, it's the same error I don't know what can be the problem, and I don't now what do to ... I need help Thanks Potentially to do with Network Service a...

CRM Views should have easier scrolling
When adding or modifying a CRM view by adding columns, you may have to scroll left/right to see view contents. Then you may have to scroll up/down. However, you can't see up/down scroll bar and column one contents at the same time. This needs a fix. your totally right. Right now the only way to keep this becoming an issue is to not add too many fields so the vertical scroll bar dissapears. The only solution I can see would be to have a vertical scroll bar on both sides of the view. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Larry" <Larry@dis...

Installing the CRM Laptop Client error message
"The user id associated with the current record is not valid" is the error message that shows when starting Outlook. We have installed the laptop client on numerous laptops, this has only appeared on one laptop which is a tablet type and the only other difference is that it is running outlook 2003 where all the others are running outlook 2002. The operating system is windows XP on all the laptops. Anyone got any ideas, can't seem to find any other help on this. ...

Share Point & MS CRM
In notes section, how to attach a document link on the SPS server to the MS CRM? When creating a note It only uses Upload method.. ...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

Active Directory information for crm users
Why is a lot of user information duplicated for CRM users that is already available in the Active Directory user accounts? Examples include address information and phone numbers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

CRM 4.0 Campaigns`
Hi Just a simple quick question regarding campaigns. I have just created a test campaign to familiarise myself with the campaign feature. The question is when doing an email campaign when does the system send the emails as the status is sitting at Pending at the moment and nothing is happening. I am making a presumption that it does not happen till the evening as not to interfere with normal daily usage. I look forward to any comments. Thanks Hi David, First thing, do you want to send your email activities through Outlook or are you using a CRM Email connector to an Exchange Serv...

Using IBF without CRM license
Hi there! Can a user who hasn' t a CRM license use the IBF (to see info about a CRM entity) when working an Office Application? Thanks, Elena Not sure of the "official" answer, but my guess is no. The IBF adapter for CRM is going to piggy back on the CRM API's. The CRM API licensing requires a license. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:32:15 +0200, "Elena" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote: Hi there! Can a user who hasn' t a CRM license use the IBF ...

CRM Exchange website
I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of my websites that do not have exchange? Thanks I do not think it matters which website you use. However, the router will not affect OWA if that is your concern. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:55:06 -0700, "Michael Alexio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of ...

Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US?
Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US? ...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

MSDN Universal & use of CRM 1.2
We have MSDN Empower program subscription. The license explicitly permits use of SBS and Exchange for real world use - not just development. This is unusual for MSDN as I understand. I can't find definitive confirmation if CRM is also permitted for actual use under Empower, or not. If it is, can we add licenses to the MSDN Subscriber organization ? John m. John, Try the M$ action pack, $299 US. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/actionpack/actionpackus.aspx <snip> The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is designed to provide you with the essentia...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

CRM dev to test to prod
I am just getting started on a CRM implementation. How successfull have you been with three different environments and promotion of customization/data from dev up to produciton? Are there any tricks to promoting from one environment to another? Thanks for your help! We often use multiple environments. Change control and the export/import of customizatins is the key. Depending on the data associated with some of tha tables, you can spend some time migrating data as well, but that's no different than any application. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kenny C" <K...

CRM Outlook issue !
CRM directory in Outlook closed by accident, not able to reopen ! By accident i closed the CRM entry in my Outlook 2003. Can't find how to reconnect. Tip is highly appreciated. regards erdona In Outlook select Tools/Email Accounts and select the appropriate account. Click Modify and then Add a new Personal Storage File. The next dialog lets you choose the file format, simply accept the default. Now a File Open dialog is displayed. Select the CRM pst file and you should have added it back. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://...

i cannot send any emails through my CRM 3.0.
i cannot send any emails through my CRM 3.0. The strange thing is that i can only send emails to myself, but not anyone else. what should i check and where to detect the problem? Check the SMTP configuration on your CRM server. There is a good chance you chose the "default" SMTP setting during the setup and this requires SMTP to be configured on the server itself. You can run a "Repair" installation and it will allow you to change the SMTP config. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

CRM Contacts in Outlook Address Book
Hi, We have successfully installed the Outlook clients for CRM 3.0 - both the offline and the online version. All users have the same Accounts and Contacts available in the Outlook Address Book under the Microsoft CRM section. But the relations available are not immediately explainable - they dont seem to be related to the Local Data filters and there seem to be no relation to any configuration setting or saved search. What data is shown here?. Any help on this? TIA! Items in the address book include all instances that you can see which have a primary email address. These are unrelated ...