Will CRM for Outlook work when using Exchange RPC over HTTPS?

I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server
over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make
CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required?

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No as CRM requires access to the SQL server, VPN access is required.

"sebgood" wrote:

> I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server
> over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make
> CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required?
>
> Thanks.

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM