Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?

Here's the scenario I'm trying to model:

1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000.
2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs.
3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and
activate it.
4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000
5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated.
6. Save and close.
7. Run pipeline

Result: Revenue is zero.

Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000

I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast
revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I activate the quote,
the system changes the opportunity radio button to "System Calculated," and
ties the revenue to the quote.

As a fallback, I'd expect that if the system didn't automatically change the
radio button selection, once I change it to system calculated, the system
should calculate the revenue from the quote.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I tested this scenario using the sample
data at http://demo.hostedmscrm.com.

Thanks!
Dave
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Dave, the Sales Pipeline report works only with Opportunities out of the
box. The products need to be added to the opportunity (say start with user
provided revenue of 10000, add products, move the revenue selection to
system calculated. now the system calculated revenue is 15000). This way the
revenue will show up in the sales pipeline report and when the opportunity
is converted to a quote, the quote would have proper details of the product
filled.
Hope this helps.
--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"Dave Todaro" <DaveTodaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's the scenario I'm trying to model:
>
> 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000.
> 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs.
> 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and
> activate it.
> 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000
> 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated.
> 6. Save and close.
> 7. Run pipeline
>
> Result: Revenue is zero.
>
> Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000
>
> I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast
> revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I activate the
> quote,
> the system changes the opportunity radio button to "System Calculated,"
> and
> ties the revenue to the quote.
>
> As a fallback, I'd expect that if the system didn't automatically change
> the
> radio button selection, once I change it to system calculated, the system
> should calculate the revenue from the quote.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this? I tested this scenario using the
> sample
> data at http://demo.hostedmscrm.com.
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

0
Manisha
4/1/2006 7:44:23 AM
Hi Dave, the Sales Pipeline report works only with Opportunities out of the
box. The products need to be added to the opportunity (say start with user
provided revenue of 10000, add products, move the revenue selection to
system calculated. now the system calculated revenue is 15000). This way the
revenue will show up in the sales pipeline report and when the opportunity
is converted to a quote, the quote would have proper details of the product
filled.
Hope this helps.
--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager
Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"Dave Todaro" <DaveTodaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's the scenario I'm trying to model:
>
> 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000.
> 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs.
> 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and
> activate it.
> 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000
> 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated.
> 6. Save and close.
> 7. Run pipeline
>
> Result: Revenue is zero.
>
> Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000
>
> I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast
> revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I activate the
> quote,
> the system changes the opportunity radio button to "System Calculated,"
> and
> ties the revenue to the quote.
>
> As a fallback, I'd expect that if the system didn't automatically change
> the
> radio button selection, once I change it to system calculated, the system
> should calculate the revenue from the quote.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this? I tested this scenario using the
> sample
> data at http://demo.hostedmscrm.com.
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

0
Manisha
4/1/2006 7:44:44 AM
Thank you, Manisha.

When I revise the quote, say to change the quantity of one of the existing
products, will the system update the opportunity's list of existing products
to match?

I can't ask my salespeople to remember to go manually update the
opportunity's list of existing products to match the newly revised quote to
get to an accurate forecast!

Basically, I'm still trying to get at my original question--how can I get
the pipeline report to reflect the revenue of the active quote.

Thanks!
Dave

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Dave, the Sales Pipeline report works only with Opportunities out of the
> box. The products need to be added to the opportunity (say start with user
> provided revenue of 10000, add products, move the revenue selection to
> system calculated. now the system calculated revenue is 15000). This way the
> revenue will show up in the sales pipeline report and when the opportunity
> is converted to a quote, the quote would have proper details of the product
> filled.
> Hope this helps.
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Dave Todaro" <DaveTodaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here's the scenario I'm trying to model:
> >
> > 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000.
> > 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs.
> > 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and
> > activate it.
> > 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000
> > 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated.
> > 6. Save and close.
> > 7. Run pipeline
> >
> > Result: Revenue is zero.
> >
> > Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000
> >
> > I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast
> > revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I activate the
> > quote,
> > the system changes the opportunity radio button to "System Calculated,"
> > and
> > ties the revenue to the quote.
> >
> > As a fallback, I'd expect that if the system didn't automatically change
> > the
> > radio button selection, once I change it to system calculated, the system
> > should calculate the revenue from the quote.
> >
> > Can anyone shed some light on this? I tested this scenario using the
> > sample
> > data at http://demo.hostedmscrm.com.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Dave

Hi Dave, Unfortunately this functionality is not available out of the box.
However it is possible to modify the sales pipeline report to include the
data (like quotes and orders) that your organization might want to see.

--

> [...]
>> > 6. Save and close.
>> > 7. Run pipeline
>> >
>> > Result: Revenue is zero.
>> >
>> > Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000
>> >
>> > I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the
>> > forecast
>> > revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I activate the
>> > quote,
>> > the system changes the opportunity radio button to "System Calculated,"
>> > and
>> > ties the revenue to the quote.
>> >
>> > As a fallback, I'd expect that if the system didn't automatically
>> > change
>> > the
>> > radio button selection, once I change it to system calculated, the
>> > system
>> > should calculate the revenue from the quote.
>> >
>> > Can anyone shed some light on this? I tested this scenario using the

0
Manisha
4/2/2006 10:05:10 PM
Thanks, Manisha!

I'll work on some ideas to customize the report and/or entities to make the
system do what I want.

I would imagine I'm not the only one who would want the pipeline to be
driven by an active quote, so this may be a good feature to add to the
feature request list as well!

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Dave, Unfortunately this functionality is not available out of the box.
> However it is possible to modify the sales pipeline report to include the
> data (like quotes and orders) that your organization might want to see.
>
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Dave Todaro" <DaveTodaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Manisha.
> >
> > When I revise the quote, say to change the quantity of one of the existing
> > products, will the system update the opportunity's list of existing
> > products
> > to match?
> >
> > I can't ask my salespeople to remember to go manually update the
> > opportunity's list of existing products to match the newly revised quote
> > get to an accurate forecast!
> >
> > Basically, I'm still trying to get at my original question--how can I get
> > the pipeline report to reflect the revenue of the active quote.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Dave
> >
> > "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Dave, the Sales Pipeline report works only with Opportunities out of
> >> the
> >> box. The products need to be added to the opportunity (say start with
> >> user
> >> provided revenue of 10000, add products, move the revenue selection to
> >> system calculated. now the system calculated revenue is 15000). This way
> >> the
> >> revenue will show up in the sales pipeline report and when the
> >> opportunity
> >> is converted to a quote, the quote would have proper details of the
> >> product
> >> filled.
> >> Hope this helps.
> >> --
> >> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> >> Program Manager
> >> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> >> rights.
> >> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All
> >> rights
> >> reserved.
> >> "Dave Todaro" <DaveTodaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Get paid to post in forums..
myLot promises to pay as you talk on its discussion boards. You can post and reply to whatever topic that you like. to join: http://www.mylot.com/?ref=blogger1 The following is taken from their website: ****************************** How does this work? We have implemented a system to give everyone who uses the internet the ablity to make money. The idea is pretty simple - if you contribute to the myLot Community - whether it is by posting a new discussion, responding to a current discussion, commenting on a current discussion, or referring friends, you earn money. Our goal is t...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Vendor summary report
Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provide a summary total of how much we have purchased from them during different time periods. Thanks in advance for any help. -- rod Have you tried to create a smartlist under payables transactions? You can then export to excel and sort and subtotal any way you like. "mercfinance" wrote: > Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 > that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provid...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?
The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel? Z There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma delimited files that can be read into Excel. If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to buy an add-in. Have you searched the web? On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil <ZouBCivil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Excel Add-in that allows you to retriev...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Batch Activities
I want to select multiple contacts or multiple accounts to connect with one activity but all as seperate actions. Example: I want to place introduction calls to my top say 20 customers and I want to take one activity and input the subject and a date/time to be done and batch those top 20 so when I save I end up with 20 seperate introduction calls to place on my home page that will all have the ability to have seperate notes for the individual call! Please help if this is possible. krblastic@yahoo.com if you can assist. Thank you, KB ...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

reported error (0x80070057)
When I try to send an email to several addresses using Outlook 2003, I get the error: Task 'xxx - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I see no apparent problem with the addresses. Please tell me in simple English (well, as simple as possible) how to solve this problem. I am not an expert user. Thank you. What type of mail account is this? Exchange, POP3, IMAP? "lemonscented" <lemonscented@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC994AB1-B72B-4...

getting IIS login credentials
In my webforms app, I am using Page.Users.Identity.Name to get the user name. Does anyone know what the MFC equivalent is? I am wanting to modify the MFC code of an older application to do some stuff that I am doing in a webapp. ...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

looking for cash drop and paid out reports
Does anyone have a report on these transactions that can be selected by date? Any help would be appreciated. Larry ...